Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Mythic Dungeons are easier than Cata Heroics. Lol to the people that think this makes them exclusive for high-end players.
    Having to actually form a group and walk to the dungeon makes it exclusive for a big part of the playerbase because all they know is the "wait for random queue in town" WoW. Most people playing WoW today is so lazy they just want to be able to get everything with as little effort put in as possible, and if they can't get that they need to make it very loud and clear on forums by crying instead of actually trying to do something in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Having to actually form a group and walk to the dungeon makes it exclusive for a big part of the playerbase because all they know is the "wait for random queue in town" WoW. Most people playing WoW today is so lazy they just want to be able to get everything with as little effort put in as possible, and if they can't get that they need to make it very loud and clear on forums by crying instead of actually trying to do something in the game.
    I normally find that players that resort to this nonsense argument usually aren't that great at games themselves. Also, you lack a distinction between hard and accessible. I want both, FFXIV current gives me both because most of their dungeons are a fuck ton harder than WoW's are. TERA and Blade and Soul have waaay harder dungeons as well on random finders.

And yeah, Blizzard made the game the way it currently is today and I like it but if they keep trying to revert back to 1999-2009 MMO Land (taking 10-man away from me and the rep grinds with no quests were the first steps that made me quit for 10 months) I'll stop playing the game altogether. Been playing the genre since 1999 and I like fast queue-able shit that gets the job done.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I normally find that players that resort to this nonsense argument usually aren't that great at games themselves. Also, you lack a distinction between hard and accessible. I want both, FFXIV current gives me both because most of their dungeons are a fuck ton harder than WoW's are. TERA and Blade and Soul have waaay harder dungeons as well on random finders.

And yeah, Blizzard made the game the way it currently is today and I like it but if they keep trying to revert back to 1999-2009 MMO Land (taking 10-man away from me and the rep grinds with no quests were the first steps that made me quit for 10 months) I'll stop playing the game altogether. Been playing the genre since 1999 and I like fast queue-able shit that gets the job done.
    I don't know I see the community as being the biggest hurdle for blizzard to overcome at this point. They spent god six years now? eight? Slowly feeding them poison in the form of content they can't lose and can't be kicked from easily.

I remember when lfd first came out. People had the standards of tbc in their heads still. Poor dps players were kicked people worked together even if the content was fairly easy. I also remember the day vote to kick restrictions started and retards ran rampant and unchecked. Slowly people just gave up trying to maintain any level of standards and just trudged through dungeons with the weight around their necks.

It will take as many years to rebuild the wow community as it did to bring it to ruins. It is a task that will take at least two expacs to do. It isn't helped that high end players are so utterly sick of average players attitude they lock themselves into guilds at best or at worst pull things like making a raid where they are the only plate wearer to gear their alts quicker.

The roots are damaged if they can not be mended the tree will die in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Then don't do them.

Problem solved forever.

That will be 5$.
    Sure, problem solved, I wont do them manually. Thats why queue system is in place.

Mythic only is fine, but they sure as hell should be queue-able. They're not difficult enough to not be. Just have reasonable restrictions.

Same stupid thing we went through with heroic scenarios which also weren't queueable, except that was worse as those were painfully easy.

I know people like to prattle on about having people socialize and all that, but it won't work, it never works. All the runs that you yourself don't host are just going to be overgeared runs by folks who'll exclude everyone who also isn't overgeared. That's how it's mostly always been, and LFG really hasn't changed that in pugging.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Translation: I don't enjoy a challenge anywhere outside a professional environment, and if you do you're a pathetic loser.

Seriously, while I'm not fond of having mythic-only dungeons, calling people who actually enjoy a challenge "sad" is absurd.
    No its not it is just sad.

Real life is the real challenge, a game is where you should be able to go to take a break from that.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

I don't mind personally. It's cool to have these sort of one off organized group required pieces of content to encourage social interactions as long as it doesn't become the status quo going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    This is a completely fine change ,and as far as I can see everybody complaining about it are showing extreme signs of laziness/
    I always find humor in people advocating that any one action in a Video Game is more or less lazy then another .

Hello comrades! It is I Saiona and I have returned from my latest trip to the re-education facility here in beautiful USSR. Father Endus and his peers has helped me see the wrong think I was committing on this thread. Dungeons are for all comrades! Let the people que for them I say and damn the capitalist pigs who say otherwise for they are the perpetuators of wrong think!

JK good change is good. Mythic dungeon hero achievement as well

Deleted
    Mythic dungeons are easy, I was essentially soloing them before I took a break.

Truth be told, I'd actually prefer more 5-10 man challenging content.

Deleted
    It is hard to say how many people will be missing out on this experience because it is Mythic only. But should anyone really miss out on this? I mean what would the harm be if they made it Heroic/Normal as well? Aside from putting some development time into it to scale it properly, I really see no downside.

Mythic Dungeons in Warlords are easier than Heroic difficulty was at Warlord's launch. You still easily and massively outgear them.
    Blizzard has stated that Mythic in Legion is even easier.
    Playing through dungeon content in Legion is going to -gasp- require that you meet people, and organize a group. It gives need for communities to rise and take care of their members again. Instead of losing everyone to the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Mythic Dungeons in Warlords are easier than Heroic difficulty was at Warlord's launch. You still easily and massively outgear them.
    Blizzard has stated that Mythic in Legion is even easier.
    Playing through dungeon content in Legion is going to -gasp- require that you meet people, and organize a group. It gives need for communities to rise and take care of their members again. Instead of losing everyone to the queue.
    I agree with this statement. Queing for low level dungeons is one thing, but when you are at end-game. You need to work with people on the high end. It is an MMO after all. By all means, have your solo content like Suramar, professions, and class/daily quests. However Mythic + dungeons, raids, and ranked PvP should be forming a group and joining a guild and fostering a sense of community.

Honestly, I don't mind it.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Sure, problem solved, I wont do them manually. Thats why queue system is in place.
    I think its a shame your missing out on content because of how stubborn you are

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I see this as a damn good change and if it takes off we might see more and more content cut from auto ques and a return to the wow that once was.
    Ah yes, spamming trade chat for people for scarelet monestary, flying to alterac, running most of the way to SM while people demand summons, then your healer gets bored while waiting in ironforge and drops group so you get to hearth back and start spamming again.

Oh is that not what you meant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If I wanted to "Youtube" a fight or story I would do just that. This is no legit reason to do this, it isn't like these dungeons are super hard or something special. This is blizzard trying to get people into pugs/guild runs more without LFD and guess what.....Its going to fall on its face.

Most will do it once see it rewards the same as the rest and not go back.
    Yeah not seeing an issue with this at all. What is the issue exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Mythic only is fine, but they sure as hell should be queue-able. They're not difficult enough to not be. Just have reasonable restrictions.

Same stupid thing we went through with heroic scenarios which also weren't queueable, except that was worse as those were painfully easy.

I know people like to prattle on about having people socialize and all that, but it won't work, it never works. All the runs that you yourself don't host are just going to be overgeared runs by folks who'll exclude everyone who also isn't overgeared. That's how it's mostly always been, and LFG really hasn't changed that in pugging.
    Its a 5 man group........ its not like blizzard is asking you to form a group for a mythic raid, or a 25 man heroic raid. Its a 5 man group.......

Why is it that casuals cry and whine for content suited to them, but then arent willing to put in the effort to actually run the content tailored to them because it "doesn't have a queue?"

How hard is it for you to find 5 people who are like minded with similar item levels to run the small group 5 man content that you want to do? I mean really this is an honest question. With all the tools Blizzard has put in place, it should be easy for you to find 5 people to run a dungeon. If you are so upset about not having a queue, why dont you treat the group finder tool the same way? --> start a 5 man mythic run for one of the 2 dungeons --> invite the first 4 people that sign up for the appropriate roles --> go to dungeon and clear it. Treat it like a queue if you are that fucking whiny about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    I agree with this statement. Queing for low level dungeons is one thing, but when you are at end-game. You need to work with people on the high end. It is an MMO after all. By all means, have your solo content like Suramar, professions, and class/daily quests. However Mythic + dungeons, raids, and ranked PvP should be forming a group and joining a guild and fostering a sense of community.
    LOL, there wasn't a sense of community before the LFD tool was added and I was on one of the most populated servers at launch (Zuljin). Only PVPers had community tbh and it still wasn't much unless you were ass-kissing groups or you'd get black-balled and lose honor.

I manually formed a mythic 5-man group today and no one wanted to talk. You people really need to get off the nostalgia train like you think it was all berries and cream back then or something.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yeah not seeing an issue with this at all. What is the issue exactly?
    Honestly I'm not up in arms about this but there's a legitimacy to the complaint about gear inflation - Blizzard themselves have noted in the past that people will ask for higher requirements than content reasonably requires.

The issue isn't so much mechanical as behavioral. The problem isn't that there isn't a automated queue, for me there's functionally no difference between LFD and GF beyond a few extra clicks. The problem is there's more incentive to outgear something and mow it down than to bring along people who will benefit most from the content.

The partial solution is, of course, make a group with whatever requirements you wish.... but that's more addressing the symptom than the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I manually formed a mythic 5-man group today and no one wanted to talk. You people really need to get off the nostalgia train like you think it was all berries and cream back then or something.
    My favorite are the groups where you try to make friendly conversation and people tell you to shut up and do your job.

COMMUNITY!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Ah yes, spamming trade chat for people for scarelet monestary, flying to alterac, running most of the way to SM while people demand summons, then your healer gets bored while waiting in ironforge and drops group so you get to hearth back and start spamming again.

Oh is that not what you meant
    @emilylorange I know you are a smart person, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and recognize that your post here was highly sarcastic based on your view of queues. That being said, lets be realistic, Legion is not Vanilla WoW. Vanilla WoW was fun for its time but it did not have all the technology and convenience tools that we have today. Group finder was not a thing in Vanilla wow, let alone a group finder that can find people for you CROSS REALM. So the "spamming trade chat for people for SM, flying to alterac, running most the way to SM to have people demand summons and your healer gets bored and drops group and you have to hearth back to spam trade again" is a completely invalid and disingenuous statement given the tools we have today to build groups.

At best if you had a person drop group when you got to the summon stone with another group member, it would take maybe a minute to 5 minutes to find another person, and then summon them. You could certainly go back to town and try to spam trade to find a person from your server, but id say 99% of all players would just get back into the group finder tool to find that last spot.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Anyone can knock out mythic dungeons at the easiest setting.
    Stop being a drama queen.
    Oh cool, another genius who couldn't grasp the point of my post and thought it was my personal opinion, and also thinks his prediction of what hasn't occurred yet is a fact. Fucking ignored, nothing of value will be lost anyway.