Deleted
    [QUOTE=Vivapin8;41031140]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all, and it would be a glorious moment. Scotland's revenge after being made fun of for being the only UK country that didn't qualify for the European Football Championship.

- - - Updated - - -[/QUOTE

Wait wait the UK still get's more than 1 chance to play in the euro/world cup???
    the 4 nations enter serperately, thats why this euro has Wales, England and Northern Ireland. same with the world cup, all 4 teams can enter independently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivapin8 View Post
    Wait wait the UK still get's more than 1 chance to play in the euro/world cup???
    Yes, but we also force them to not use all their best players on 1 team, but instead spread them across all 4. It evens out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    erhm if the last 10 years is anything to go by its the opposite. During the "great recession", as the economists call it, interest rates hit historic lows. They purposely did this to try keep the housing market afloat.
    When Britain left the common market, interest rates spiked to over 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yes, but we also force them to not use all their best players on 1 team, but instead spread them across all 4. It evens out.
    Well, considering that even Wales is outdoing England, I'd say that by now they don't even want the English amateurs representing them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivapin8 View Post
    We invented football, so we get four goes.

The same reason is why we get four seats on the group that determines laws in the game and the rest of the world gets one seat total.

Odds for Remain are shortening. Rumours that Sunderland could be 60% leave. Significant if true.

Newcastle calls in.

Remain: 65 404
    Out: 63 598

That's too close for comfort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Odds for Remain are shortening. Rumours that Sunderland could be 60% leave. Significant if true.
    I think you will find many areas with high unemployment will vote leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Newcastle calls in.

Remain: 65 404
    Out: 63 598

That's too close for comfort.
    source? nothing on bbc about that one yet! is there a better tracker around?

edit: nevermind, its on there now

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    oh really? do you want to outline the process then? Go on, lets see exactly how the general population of Britain can hold the European Commission accountable.
    Lobby the EP to vote for it.

Who gives the vote of confidence? The general population? According to who?
    Because they can totally do that directly on national level

What mechanism is in place for a general population to decide that over the Council of Euope, The European Commission or the European Council...the bodies that actually make the decision?
    Council of Europe is not an institution of the European Union. The European Council and Council of the European Union are made up of heads of states and ministers of member states' governments and can be held accountable in said member states. Which I already explained to you before but you were too busy crying about sovereignty and other nonsense.

You need to look closer if you're just assuming in your enthusiasm, members as in individuals not national population/general population can decide in a vote of no confidence.
    A single individual is not guaranteed to have their way? What a travesty! Obviously, if it wasn't for the vile Fourth Reich the UK government would fall on their knees before each and every UK citizens that disagreed with some policy or law and suck their dick. Glory to the UK! UK stronk! UK sovereign! UK democratic despite having the least democratic system in the entire EU!

There is nothing transparent about that, the population of Britain cannot influence ANYTHING there - I understand this may be difficult for you to see, but the population can't even decide what their representative would vote. Yes, I say that, because there is no obligation for them to vote what the British public decide, they vote how they feel best and when you as an indvidual or the general population can't see how they voted, can't see how they represented you or whether they actually did - it does not fill me or anyone being reasonable with any confidence in it.
    You use transparency wrong. Just because a single individual can't force a nation block of half a billion individuals to lick their ass doesn't mean there is a transparency problem. And the rest is yet another argument that despite your delusions of UK's grandeur and exceptionalism still applies to the national level. Or local. Any level. Imperative mandate isn't really a thing in EU or its member states.

The question I keep maintaining is do you trust that level of power with someone? What level of power a body that can decide these things for your life you clearly cannot influence directly or don't even know what's going on inside?
    It wasn't the EU that wanted an opt out of something as basic as human rights. It was UK. So yeah, I'm much more willing to trust the EU than UK with their actually visible deficits in democracy and their anti-citizen inclinations. And as I already pointed out to you, the work of the Council of the European Union and European Parliament are available to the public, European Commission is monitored by an independent body and reports on their work all the time and the European Council also reports on their work all the time. I can know what's going on inside. It's you who just covers their ears, eyes and any other sensory organ possible to wallow in fear and ignorance.

If this isn't clear to you Mehrunes, then you're not reading what I'm saying, you've either made up your mind entirely and you just gloss over what I say, goggle at the points I make oblivious to the context they are made in and therefore missing what the words are directing you too, and repeating yourself without really seeing, hearing or realizing. That's blindness and deafness man.
    What you're saying is perfectly clear to me. It's also perfectly moronic to me. Sorry that I don't subscribe to your paranoia, I guess? Double standard paranoia, no less, because most of your complaints apply just fine to national level. But UK stronk and glorious and UK government would shrink to the size of a grain of sand if it wasn't for this pesky Illuminati EU. Because if there's one thing UK is known for, it's small government /s
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-06-23 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    source? nothing on bbc about that one yet! is there a better tracker around?
    Are you watching the BBC? It is on there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    When Britain left the common market, interest rates spiked to over 20%.
    UK never left the common market - that's what these last two European referendums have been about.

Which interest rate? And if you meant ERM, not common market, central bank base rate never went higher than 15%. It also has never been higher than 17% in modern history (Nov 1979 after Thatcher first elected).

Central banks raise rates to fight or prevent inflation. Does anything after the greatest financial crisis the world has ever seen in 2008 look like an inflationary environment to you ...?
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-06-23 at 11:05 PM.

Tighter than expected, Newcastle was an expected safe remain and it was very close

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Are you watching the BBC? It is on there.
    watching? nope. im just on their website

- - - Updated - - -

Orkney islands in too, Remain again. still quite close though

i mean overall close, not Orkneys, theirs was a clear remain victory

Deleted
    A political thread where I'm on the same side as Kalis. Hell must be getting nippy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck me, the statistician couldn't work out 20% of 46 million.

Dimbleby needs to sack that numbnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This grey haired idiot giving an interview, already saying Turkey's join negotiations will start next week, that the Government has rigged the polls and that they will win this war...

Who is that idiot? Is this the leading man for the Brexit stuff? He's lying outright... my god. I think it's Farage... :P
    Someone should inform him that Turkey accession negotiations officially started 11 years ago and informally even longer ago. And unlike some genius claiming earlier here that UK was ADAMANT against it, it is kinda the opposite. Including the queen talking about how important Turkey is to Europe in the context of EU (though that was few years ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Fuck me, the statistician couldn't work out 20% of 46 million.

Dimbleby needs to sack that numbnut.
    He's actually extremely well respected and very smart ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    Im getting scared
    Well I think the absolute worst result would be a close leave like farage just predicted, maximum change and discomfort.

I am certain it will be a close remain as I said hundreds of pages back
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.