Britain Votes to Leave the European Union

LONDON — Britain has voted to leave the European Union, a historic decision sure to reshape the nation’s place in the world, rattle the Continent and rock political establishments throughout the West.

With all but a handful of the country’s cities and towns reporting Friday morning, the Leave campaign held a 52 percent to 48 percent lead. The BBC called the race for the Leave campaign shortly before 4:45 a.m., with 13.1 million votes having been counted in favor of leaving and 12.2 million in favor of remaining.

Source

Well it's happened.

I know there's a whole big thread on this already, but this, I think, can consolidate more discussion after the fact.

Also: Pound hits lowest level since 1985

At one stage it hit $1.3305, a fall of more than 10%, and a low not seen since 1985.

Before the results started to come in, the pound had risen as high as $1.50, as traders bet on a Remain victory.
    Last edited by Forgon; 2016-06-24 at 05:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking morons.

Think we have a BREXIT thread for this. Discussion can happen there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Think we have a BREXIT thread for this.
    That was a thread more on the discussion of the BREXIT itself, it is over, this is after the fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time to see how this all plays out in the coming years. If it proves to be successful, the EU is doomed because more countries will possibly try to leave. If the UK fails, the EU will only use it to make up more silly rules and drain all of its participants of their money and cultural identity to become a grey blob. But who knows.. maybe the grey blob isn't so bad.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    Source

Well it's happened.

I know there's a whole big thread on this already, but this, I think, can consolidate more discussion after the fact.
    I for one am happy that the special snowflake special rules by special snowflake people are not coming into effect.

A bit saddened to see Britain leave.. but in the long run and for the EU i think it the better of two awful choices

Congratulations to the Brits. I'm glad they embraced freedom and looked after themselves instead of the parasites that are trying to take them down. I'm for one proud that most of my heritage comes from Great Britain.

It was not part of their blood,
    It came to them very late,
    With long arrears to make good,
    When the Saxon began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
    They were icy -- willing to wait
    Till every count should be proved,
    Ere the Saxon began to hate.

Their voices were even and low.
    Their eyes were level and straight.
    There was neither sign nor show

It was not preached to the crowd.
    It was not taught by the state.
    No man spoke it aloud

It was not suddenly bred.
    It will not swiftly abate.
    Through the chilled years ahead,
    When Time shall count from the date
    That the Saxon began to hate.
    -Rudyard Kipling

The tiger stirs.
    Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.
    What people call impartiality may simply mean indifference, and what people call partiality may simply mean mental activity.
    There is only one thing that requires real courage to say, and that is a truism.
    -GK Chesterton

10+ Year Old Account
    We have an open thread on the act and its ramifications here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eave-or-remain

Closing