Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    None of these things are examples of voters being educated on an issue they are voting on. Do you not understand the difference yet? Take a moment to stop blowing yourself on your "argument" and actually assimilate what is being said here.

Takes a special kind of person to mentally flip and dodge that.

( slow clap )

What is a well informed populace them? And how is a 1716 farmer more informed than your typical 2016 Brit? Educate me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    The same way that other nations that arent part of the EU trade with them?

Agreements made as a sovereign nation?

Agreements that ARENT designed to leave the UK in the lurch?

Agreements that act for the BENEFIT of the UK and not its detriment?

I think that future trade agreements with the EU will be very very different.....in the future trade agreements wont leave the UK worse off. About time the EU stopped leeching off its members.
    You assume much. Britain does not have the upper-hand in trade negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Why do you think the EU would offer the UK a trade deal even as good as the one they had, let alone better? That would be actively rewarding them for weakening the EU.
    Oh you, don't you know that every group treats former members better than current members.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Uneducated old people making a mess for the young to clean up. Nothing new here, sorry Brits that your country is about to go to shit. Hopefully the old white idiots in my country won't follow suit by voting in Trump.
    Was it also white idiots that elected Obama?

Short term panic. Ignore it.
    That's certainly one way to handle the results of one's decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    gosh, the shit hit the fan pretty fast
    Generally speaking there is a significant rebound after a fall like this, then a period of dwindling oscillation.

The market is really just measuring panic at this stage rather than fundamental value. I would expect the market to be down longer-term but the short-term doesn't tell you much other than that investors are going "waaaaaaahhh!".

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the right does now.

They've just lost their two best scapegoats: the EU, and migrants. It is difficult to see who they will blame for their ongoing failure.
    Oh no no no, they didn't they'll just shift the perspective a bit, they'll say EU is bad again as they will give bad leave agreements, trade agreements, etc. And the immigrants, they're just so many of them inside that they can blame those without worrying at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Weird how all those professionals and experts kind of turned out to be professional experts.
    people should listen to financial advisors and people who busted their asses off getting a degree on bussiness or economics (or both). but no, they listen an idiotic populist.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    I just hope this doesn't mean Europe will collapse. Too many people in Europe only blame Brussels for everything. What's going to happen if EU really falls apart? Will they start to blame each other's neighbours?

I really thought people in today's world realize that we have to stand together as a unity, or we will fall apart one by one.

Short term panic. Ignore it.
    London's not even open yet, neither is New York. It's going to get a lot uglier.

Why do you think the EU would offer the UK a trade deal even as good as the one they had, let alone better? That would be actively rewarding them for weakening the EU.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...g-uk-billions/

But the memorandum suggests that Britain is losing out on £2.5 billion a year in potential trade as a result of the ongoing delays to a proposed deal between the EU and Latin America. "“The raw truth is that the EU hates genuinely free trade. That holds Britain back, costs us jobs, and keeps prices on the high street artificially high.”"Dominic Raab
    Under EU treaties, the UK cannot negotiate its own trade arrangements and has to wait until Brussels reaches agreements that are acceptable to all 28 member states, a process that often takes years to complete.
    Priti Patel, the employment minister, said EU membership meant the British economy was being “tied to a sinking ship”.

She said: “Being a member of the EU has rendered us powerless to reach our own trade deals and these missed trading opportunities are costing our economy money, jobs and growth.”
    "Good deals"?

LMAO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Went to bed seeing a small pro-Remain margin in Newcastle, and a big pro-Leave margin in Sunderland. Woke up to see 52% in favour of Leaving.

Might not be easy (at first), but that's okay. Liberty and self-determination are worth a heck of a lot more to me than a few % GDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    London's not even open yet, neither is New York. It's going to get a lot uglier.
    This is the mother of all unforced errors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    zionists. they can always blame zionists
    The left is more paranoid about Zionist and Israel than the right.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the Pound keeps falling, I might be able to afford going there to see my Bengals take on the Redskins.

@British Pound.

*Plays limbo music*

'How low can you go?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    52% of the 72% of voters who turned up. 15 million out of a population of 64 million people.

Some of the people have spoken. And almost as many spoke the opposite way. And many didn't speak at all.
    You think that the entire population of Britain gets to vote? The voting popluation of the UK is 44,722,000 (can't find current numbers, thats from 2015)

That's certainly one way to handle the results of one's decision.
    Panic mode tends to be short lived.

It will reverse soon enough. The markets panic if someoine gets a cold. This is..news?

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Generally speaking there is a significant rebound after a fall like this, then a period of dwindling oscillation.

The market is really just measuring panic at this stage rather than fundamental value. I would expect the market to be down longer-term but the short-term doesn't tell you much other than that investors are going "waaaaaaahhh!".
    Yeah this. This is the archetype of market reacting to change, aka fucking panic-attack.

What's the most ridiculous in all this ? Nothing has actually changed overnight. All the trade agreements are still valid and will be for atleast the next 2 years.

You didn't answer the question. Why would the EU offer a trade deal with the UK that's as good as the one they had?

Or are you implying that the UK can just forgo trade with the EU?

Funny how it was mostly peple aged 50 and above that voted for a brexit. If it could take up to 15 years before the EU leave really is "official" then most of the people that voted for it will either be dead or to old to even notice.