Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Florida man shoots up woman’s home for refusing his sexual advances

http://crimefeed.com/2016/06/florida...xual-advances/

Howard Sparber was arrested earlier this week for allegedly shooting up the home of a woman who had repeatedly rejected him. Sparber, 69, had allegedly been harassing the woman since November 2015 with sexual propositions. At one point, reports say, Sparber had pointed his gun at her and put her in fear for her life. The unidentified woman had taken what steps she could to avoid Sparber as he repeatedly lurked around her home in attempt to contact her.

Earlier this week, he allegedly went to the woman’s home in Village of Hadley and attempted to gain entry. Discovering that nobody was home, he allegedly pulled out a firearm – identified as a Sig Sauer 9mm semi-automatic handgun – and fired a total of 33 rounds into the front door. When neighbors heard the gunshots, they immediately went to investigate and confronted Sparber at the scene. Police arrived to find Sparber very intoxicated, and in possession of the handgun and two empty magazines, one with a capacity for 15 rounds, the other 20. He surrendered without incident. An estimated $3,000 in damage was done to the woman’s home.

Sparber remains in the Sumter County Detention Center on charges of aggravated stalking, armed burglary, shooting into a dwelling, and criminal mischief. He is being held without bail.

Florida Man has no chill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open and shut case. So, what is the discussion?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Should be very clear now that you don't reject a man's sexual advances.
    When will people learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Open and shut case. So, what is the discussion?
    The sit in didn't prevent it lol

I'm glad we have good men with guns to protect us from the bad doors in the world.

Expecting from this thread:

"Feminist have turned women against the natural way, and this is the price they pay"
    "You reap what you sow"
    Mother pus bucket!

So for seven months this woman has had to live in fear for her life and potential assault (physical and/or sexual). And this nutcase had a gun (which he'd pointed at her and threatened her with). So that must have been absolutely awesome "quality of life" for her.

And everybody is just "yawn" (and seem to be more concerned about the physical property damage he inflicted on the house, instead of the fear, loathing and terror she had to endure).

WTF is wrong with this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Florida Man has no chill.
    The world's worst superhero.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Should be very clear now that you don't reject a man's sexual advances.
    When will people learn.
    Probably never. With all these women rights movements going on, filling young girls heads with craziness, I imagine more will believe it's OK to reject advances.

That was a joke
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-24 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    So for seven months this woman has had to live in fear for her life and potential assault (physical and/or sexual). And this nutcase had a gun (which he'd pointed at her and threatened her with). So that must have been absolutely awesome "quality of life" for her.

And everybody is just "yawn" (and seem to be more concerned about the physical property damage he inflicted on the house, instead of the fear, loathing and terror she had to endure).

Guy is crazy. And he was arrested. He will likely serve time. What more do you want? The victim may also be able to sue him for emotional damage, and would likely win that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Guy is crazy. And he was arrested. He will likely serve time. What more do you want? The victim may also be able to sue him for emotional damage, and would likely win that too.
    I wanted him in jail after the the first day. Not just seven months.

10+ Year Old Account

Well thats domestic abuse for you. Women are manipulated into putting up with it to the point that they will defend their abusive spouses etc.
    Case in point, I was a security guard 16 years ago on a train line. One time at the station (Ferny Grove train station) outside the fence some guy was slapping and kicking the shit out of his gf, so me being a security guard and some maori bros who were at the station ran over, jumped the fence and kicked his arse. Then I had the guys gf who he was beating the shit out of on the ground climb on my back and started hitting the back of my head while screaming something a long the lines of 'get off him! get off him! he is just drunk its ok'. You give up at that point and that was definitely not the last occurrence I experienced in that job role.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomac View Post
    I'm glad we have good men with guns to protect us from the bad doors in the world.
    Brav-fucking-o
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I wanted him in jail after the the first day. Not just seven months.
    Sure, that is certainly a problem, can't deny that.

I didn't read the full article, so maybe you can help me here. But is it stated that she reported his behavior in the past? Or is the first time the authorities were made aware of this loon?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with these people?
    Floriduh...

Stalking is a hard crime to prevent. It's really difficult to draft a policy that makes stalking illegal without trampling on other freedoms, and it's hard to prosecute because it's another "he said, she said" crime. It's probably easier now that people use methods of communication that are easier to record and archive, but until the stalker acts violently, it's hard to establish that they've done anything untoward. And to cap it all, the really scary ones are often suffering psychological conditions that will make them even harder to convict.

Deleted
    Imagine shooting a door so hard it turned into a loving girlfriend!

10+ Year Old Account

You missed the part about Florida man. It's kinda par for the course down there. I'm thinking there is something really wrong with the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Imagine shooting a door so hard it turned into a loving girlfriend!
    Wooden cut-out (or in this case, "shoot"-out).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    You missed the part about Florida man. It's kinda par for the course down there. I'm thinking there is something really wrong with the water.
    I think folks just like to single out Florida for some odd reason. Stuff like this happens all over the US. You're never going to convince me Florida has it worse than Cali. In backwoods KY, a boyfriend & girlfriend go to another girls house to get a TV back, things go sideways and dude starts spraying down the place with his 9mm and ends up killing his own girlfriend in the process. He was the only one with a gun. That never made it to MMO-C