Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Don't you understand the people that are older are voting because they want their kids to have a better life.
    The result of the vote clearly proves the opposite.

Deleted
    According to stormdash, we will use passports from Germany to France.
    Sometimes I ask myself if people actually understand the consequences of what they say.
    UK is an island with its own money. Any continental European nation would be seriously damaged should they leave EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why would Americans care about some foreign country at all? They couldn't care less.
    Besides Americans have no say in matters their gov decides anyway once the election is over, they'll have to live with whatever the gov decides for the next 4 years.
    Because clearly, Americans don't care about anyone else.

Deleted
    Morgan Stanley are moving 2000 jobs out of the UK and into the EU.

So it begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    doesn't take a high education to realize reality
    money is power and who now has the majority of the money in the EU now that the UK is dropping out? Germany
    and so Germany has the majority of the money in the EU they will have the majority of the power and the one with the power calls the shots
    Germany may be powerful but it's also very self sabotaging, especially with the way in which it has chosen to handle the immigration crisis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    By what metric?
    Fantasy of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    So because they aren't as good with irrelevant trivialities like Facebook, they are less competent on issues of state? What exactly does an 18 year old actually know about what makes a country prosperous or safe? Nothing, first hand, obviously; the rest is what they've been told and that's very vulnerable to GIGO.
    What does some 60-something year old on a state pension that worked in a corner shop their whole life know about what makes a country prosperous and safe?

Age isn't a stand-in for smarts or knowledge. All being old means is that you're old. If anyone's susceptible to GIGO it's old people that are not connected or able to research in the way a young person is. I frequently see easily debunk-able myths being shared by older family members on social media - literally a google search and it'll show up as a falsehood in the first result. I hear stupid arguments like "all these immigrants are coming over taking jobs" and the regurgitation of "facts" they read on Britain First. Nothing you say to them will get through. I have learned this over the past week arguing with many people only to be met with "well... I'm still voting out" without them explaining why.

Old people are fucking garbage. They're as bad as crybully liberals that think feels (in this case their "gut" or "wisdom") trump facts.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-06-24 at 01:08 PM.

Get out as soon as possible’ Jean-Claude Juncker gives Britain marching orders

Get out as soon as possible’ Jean-Claude Juncker gives Britain marching orders

THE European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has given Britain its marching orders after the British people voted to leave the European Union.

PUBLISHED: 11:26, Fri, Jun 24, 2016 | UPDATED: 13:30, Fri, Jun 24, 2016

Jean-Claude Juncker has told Britain it must officially leave the EU 'as soon as possible'Talking from Brussels after an emergency meeting with EU leaders, Mr Juncker told Britain the other 27 member states wanted to negotiate its exit plan “as soon as possible, however painful this process will be”.

After a shaky start to his speech as shockwaves reverberate around Brussels, the Eurocrat said: “Personally I am very sad about this decision but of course we have to respect it.

"This is an unprecedented situation, but we are united in our response.”
    European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and the EU chief executive met President of the European Council Donald Tusk and European Parliament President Martin Schulz in Brussels this morning.

A joint statement issued by the EU leaders expressed “regret” over the UK’s decision, but said the British people’s decision would be respected and urged for negotiations to be launched “swiftly”.

European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker spoke on Britain leaving the EU todayFrench President François Hollande said Brexit was a “painful choice” which will “seriously test Europe”.
    The French leader has also said Paris wants the Britain to start its exit package negotiations with the EU “as soon as possible”.
    Mr Hollande said: “Today, history is knocking at our door. What is is unfolding is the dilution of Europe. I will do everything to ensure profound change rather than a step back.”

German Chancellor Angela Merkel expressed her “great regret” after Britain's historic decision and urged for "calm".
    The statement from the EU said: "In a free and democratic process, the British people have expressed their wish to leave the European Union. We regret this decision but respect it.

“This is an unprecedented situation but we are united in our response. We will stand strong and uphold the EU's core values of promoting peace and the well-being of its peoples.

“The Union of 27 Member States will continue. The Union is the framework of our common political future.

Jean-Claude Juncker has said he regrets Britain's decision“We are bound together by history, geography and common interests and will develop our cooperation on this basis.
    “Together we will address our common challenges to generate growth, increase prosperity and ensure a safe and secure environment for our citizens. The institutions will play their full role in this endeavour.

“We now expect the United Kingdom government to give effect to this decision of the British people as soon as possible, however painful that process may be. Any delay would unnecessarily prolong uncertainty.”

Then you'd expect them to vote in line with their kids. That self-evidently has not happened.
    Because know all the facts and know how life work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I am sure I did not say a better deal, I said a cheaper deal.

The main issues with the EU that the UK had were:

1. Immigration - solved by leaving
    2. Legislation - any business with the EU would be subject to their legislation, business anywhere else can be on separate terms
    3. Cost of membership - any payment will have to be cheaper, or the UK will not agree to a deal

The EU will accept 3, because it is not worth them not accepting it.
    1. GB will still have immigrants .... better control over them, but that's it. And at this point we don't even know how immigration in EU will look like in the future.
    2. If Uk wants deal like Norway, it will have to follow EU laws anyway, likely bigger portion than Norway, because the economy is broader. Even free movement of workforce may be required.
    3. It will be cheaper than how much it has to pay now. But it's not clear it will be cheaper if you count the money that goes back to UK from EU.

And here is what will happen. UK will say no and EU will say no and they will argue some more and more ... and it's 10 years later, no deal signed yet.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Germany may be powerful but it's also very self sabotaging, especially with the way in which it has chosen to handle the immigration crisis.
    Very.... Self... Sabotaging?!
    The fuck does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The result of the vote clearly proves the opposite.
    Just because you don't see it, doesnt mean it's wrong.

Deleted
    By what metric?
    The voices in his head.

With an overwhelming majority of people aged 18-24, and a very clear majority of people aged 49 and below, having voted for Bremain I wonder if there is any chance of some young idealists around university campuses in the UK starting a new political movement and party that could grow to be the new UKIP in 20-30 years: the United Kingdom European Party. That would be cool.

well it looks like we made it to debate numbers, may get a second vote, could be temper tantrum petitioning, could be ppl changing minds.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

over 100k so they have to at least debate it.

apparently this was crashing due to the amount of traffic, although it seems to be alright now

it actually increases with every refresh. my bet is farrage and his nhs ain't getting shit speech didn't instil confidence.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-06-24 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Don't you understand the people that are older are voting because they want their kids to have a better life.
    People who are 60-70 years old have kids that are in their late 30s-40s, who wanted to remain.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The EU always needed the UK more than the UK needed the EU.
    Never been true - its been tested.
    If the UK, France, and Germany hadn't been onboard at outset,
    The UK wasn't on board at the outset.
    there'd have been no point in bothering. You aren't going to see punitive trade restrictions or travel restrictions on the UK from the EU -- maybe some fanatical Euro-statists will advocate, but eventually the grown-ups will prevail.
    No we are definitively going to see those - because the UK does not want free movement of people, and thus cannot get the full market.
    That's in addition to the strong pressures the EU will put on the UK financial sector, because the EU will never tolerate its financial center not being inside the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    I think you are being a touch confused now, if you want GDP per capita, the #1 is Luxembourg (Though Swizz is #2), if you want total GDP its EU, US, Eurozone.
    The clause you underlined refers to total GDP. My only reference to per capita is clarifying the person I replied to is being silly about that matter as well - Germany and Japan are well below the United States.

I really don't care what Luxembourg's per capita GDP is. An irrelevant banking state isn't something to compare real economies to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Morgan Stanley are moving 2000 jobs out of the UK and into the EU.

So it begins.
    I heard Ireland is a great place to do business in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I am sure I did not say a better deal, I said a cheaper deal.

The main issues with the EU that the UK had were:

1. Immigration - solved by leaving
    2. Legislation - any business with the EU would be subject to their legislation, business anywhere else can be on separate terms
    3. Cost of membership - any payment will have to be cheaper, or the UK will not agree to a deal

The EU will accept 3, because it is not worth them not accepting it.
    1. The "problem" immigration is not from within the EU, it's from outside it. Nothing will change.
    2. Sure... but I don't see the gain here. Has this been an issue? Has Britain had any trouble creating or reverting legislation as a result of their membership?
    3. Sure it is worth them not accepting it; they have the bargaining power.

It's like a conglomerate vs. a single entity. You have less clout in a conglomerate but almost universally still end up with a better deal; unless you are a big enough entity to do better without it. The UK isn't that.

I'm honestly really surprised the vote went through, I thought Brits were smarter as a whole. Unfortunately, the vote seems to stem from the isolationists who somehow think it will stop muslims and arabs from coming into the country rather than a well-informed public, but whatever; everyone had the opportunity to vote. It makes no huge difference to anyone else when it comes right down to it.