Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Juncker just told them to be quick and fuck off.
    A dramatic scene, starring Justin Long as the UK, and David Koechner as the EU --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQ62B8xdJc

Nice of Nigel to now tell the public that he did not endorse the £350m extra NHS funding the leave campaign had made a point of, it's not even a day old and a "promise" is already looking to be getting the chop. Oh well, I never do trust politicians to keep to their promises. But now it's in the Leaver's court, they've gotten the vote, now it's their turn to make good on the promises that secured that vote. I won't hold my breath, but as it's the way the vote went I have to hope it doesn't bite us on our backsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    If they do another vote, and leave still wins I'd be annoyed but ultimately ok with it. Something as huge as leaving the EU should never have been put to one simple yes/no vote.
    same, the only part I don't like this was it was more about sticking it to Cameron than it was about the EU. combined with misinformation and overall bullshit. the whole thing has been a farce. either way, ill likely not vote again, my confidence in anything politics is going back to not giving a toss. I'd never bothered to vote before, this was my first vote and i'm 29.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-06-24 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Is that a fact? Can you quote a source, or are you just pulling arguments out of your ass now?
    What would logic dictate? Better relationships with 1 country or 27?
    How many countries does the US support? i rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So the EU is going to piss off the most powerful nation in the world in order to spite the UK? No, just stop, that is not going to happen.
    They might even do it themselves to offset the damage the Uk dealt the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    UK is a stronger ally than the EU. We don't need the EU.
    Actually no. Military wise and economically wise EU is still stronger even without UK. That's just a fact. German military alone suffices not to mention other countries.

This shows a lack of understanding of the UK issues with immigration.
    Not really. The numbers don't lie.
    Single entities can not usually cause the conglomerate to collapse if they do not agree an acceptable deal, the UK can, so it is not like that.
    No it can't; not without collapsing itself. The EU really does not need the UK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the US.

There are no other contenders for the crown of wealthiest and most powerful nation in the world at the moment, maybe China one day.

Poland is not in the Commonwealth, UKIP had an issue with EU immigration.

Commonwealth immigration that we have control over is not unlimited immigration from EU states that we do not.
    UK already has 2milion+ Poland immigrants and you wont stop immigration from poland because its destroyed country.

Must be fun living such an ignorant life...

Deleted
    Commonwealth immigration that we have control over is not unlimited immigration from EU states that we do not.
    Sounds like you didn't want to control it then, since most immigrants are commonwealth ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    same, the only part I don't like this was it was more about sticking it to Cameron than it was about the EU. combined with misinformation and overall bullshit. the whole thing has been a farce.
    Tough luck. Sorry but guys, you dont get to hold international economy on the brink of uncertainty once again.

Deleted
    We shouldn't have a second vote.

If you voted and didn't properly research both sides, and what could happen in the event of both outcomes, then you are a fool.

The amount of people i've seen who voted Leave and have stated that "they didn't think all this would happen" is staggering.

Everything that has happenend today has been what the Leave campaign has been telling you about for the past month, and what you dismissed as "scaremongering".

Welcome to reality.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is this, middle school? Just because people break up does not mean you have to choose a side...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Ah, yes...the twisted idea of 'democracy' is cropping up, I see. Cast another vote until the desired result emerges.

Tell me, had 'Remain' won would the same people be crying out for a second vote? No, I think not.
    No, the other group would have. It is within the law to do so. Results that leave reasonable doubt as to the desired outcome of the populus as a whole can be revoted. When the vote is within 60/40 and less than 75% of the population is represented, the vote is not considered representative.

Deleted
    The economic fallout of this is going to most probably have a huge (terrifyingly huge)impact on the NHS short and medium term. From medication that is purchased in anything other than GBP to the fact that every EU Dr. who works in the UK is today probably considering (with varying degrees of likelihood)going elsewhere despite the fact their jobs here will be secure.

If you thought austerity was bad, we probably haven't seen anything yet. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about economical regeneration schemes involving manufacturing that were in the pipeline getting scrapped by Monday. Nobody is going to invest a bean from outside until we are some way into the exit and post agreement.

While I accept many people had valid set of reasons for voting leave it is a fact that a fuck tonne of malcontents voted leave just as a "fuck you!" to the UK establishment rather than it having anything to truly do with the EU. Those among that group that just don't like johnny foreigner are probably going to be more displeased when we end up fast tracking the immigration and certification process for the likes of doctors from commonwealth countries to make up shortfalls.

I'm kind of butthurt on a personal level for sure. The economical fallout from this will in the short term, at the very least, hit everyone that has saved for their future hard. While I recognise that we have always had fuckwits that will throw a spanner in any works just because they can and they have nothing to lose(and never will have, let's be absolutely honest here) at any opportunity given them. I am fucking disappointed in myself that I didn't realise just how many of these people we have in our electorate. Seriously disappointed in my country today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The clause you underlined refers to total GDP. My only reference to per capita is clarifying the person I replied to is being silly about that matter as well - Germany and Japan are well below the United States.

I really don't care what Luxembourg's per capita GDP is. An irrelevant banking state isn't something to compare real economies to.
    My point being that the GDP of Europe is greater then the GDP of the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Ah, yes...the twisted idea of 'democracy' is cropping up, I see. Cast another vote until the desired result emerges.

Tell me, had 'Remain' won would the same people be crying out for a second vote? No, I think not.
    We should never have been put in this position to begin with. Again I'll say it. Something as huge as leaving the EU should never have been put to a single yes/no vote.

If remain had won and people wanted another vote, why should I have been frightened to let it happen? If people are confident and content in leaving, they will win again.

The decision of who gets the fucking world cup wasn't even a one vote event.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    We shouldn't have a second vote.

If you voted and didn't properly research both sides, and what could happen in the event of both outcomes, then you are a fool.

The amount of people i've seen who voted Leave and have stated that "they didn't think all this would happen" is staggering.

Everything that has happenend today has been what the Leave campaign has been telling you about for the past month, and what you dismissed as "scaremongering".

Welcome to reality.
    well no because farrage actually said the pound wouldn't drop and there would be 350m pounds going into the nhs, both bullshit. both reasons why ppl voted. especially the nhs, with them taking that back, it was a good portion of their propaganda.

again, I'm done caring for now, sensibility lost today, now we have to all live with it. if a second vote is triggered, still unlikely even after they debate it. if remain won we'd just end up repeating it over and over again.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-06-24 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    Nice of Nigel to now tell the public that he did not endorse the £350m extra NHS funding the leave campaign had made a point of, it's not even a day old and a "promise" is already looking to be getting the chop. Oh well, I never do trust politicians to keep to their promises. But now it's in the Leaver's court, they've gotten the vote, now it's their turn to make good on the promises that secured that vote. I won't hold my breath, but as it's the way the vote went I have to hope it doesn't bite us on our backsides.
    True.
    The ball is in their court now. I can't wait to live in the utopia that they promised us. The UK will become a strong, thriving, brown free paradise.

How many countries does the US support? i rest my case.
    You can't answer a question with another question. Heck, it's not even a relevant one.
    C'mon, you can do better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What is this, middle school? Just because people break up does not mean you have to choose a side...
    What are u talking about. They said that the UK needs EU and i said no it doesn't. Then they said "the American people choose the EU over UK and tell the UK to stay in EU" when that isn't the case. The American people will always help the UK.