They can't make everything go smooth. Theres too much smoothness already, having some major and inonic hardline pro-Alliance and pro-Horde characters working together in order halls. They need to create plots along the way, otherwise they'll be left with nothing to work with.

The KotEB have signed a pact with the Lich King already. He is now secretly manipulating them and chosing his champions(the Four Horsemen are essentially his new champions), while aiding the heroes and adventures of Azeroth in defeating the Burning Legion. The artifact questline clearly shows that the Bolvar is not himself any longer and that he more or less thinks like a true Lich King. A burned out husk of Azeroth destroyed by the Burning Legion is no good for him, making an alliance with the Alliance and Horde one out of necessity for him in order to fight against what would essentially be his end aswell.

Bottom line; I believe that Bolvar has changed drastically by now and is manipulating the DK order to fit his own agenda which might be revealed before/after the Burning Legion has been dealt with on Azeroth. I can even imagine Kil Jaeden making an appearance and forcing the Lich King into servitude, making him, the Scourge and the death knights under his influence direct enemies of Azeroth. Kil Jaeden is the mastermind behind the entity we call the Lich King, even though the Lich King(Ner'zhul) went rogue on him. I think that Kil Jaeden still wants to settle his score with the Lich King, despite Ner'zhul being long gone.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-24 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tirion was gonna put the LK helm on himself voluntarily... also why wouldn't the paladin want a wise selfless person that used to be their LEADER become the leader of the Ebon Blade(leader of the 4 hrosemen)? That would build a ton of trust between both class factions. The only thing stopping this perfect setup is the greedy selfish paladins they don't want to give up his body b/c "hurr durr honor" even tho Tirion would gladly become a DK to fight for the world at a time where the world is fighting the GREATEST threat that's befallen it.
    Tirion was willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Being part of the Ebon Blade is about sacrificing anything at all for the goal. You really think Tirion would want to become someone that cuts down and reanimates innocents so he can have disposable soldiers? Or someone that attacks and kills his allies if they stand between him and something he thinks would be useful? You think the Silver Hand would stand by and watch that happen instead of launching a crusade against Acherus?

The Lich King is manipulating the entire order of the KotEB through you, the character that plays as the Deathlord. His voice echoes through the character's mind and in that way he manipulates the rest of the order. Its a pretty cool plot.

The only thing I dislike is how nobody has anything against being resurrected. There surely has to be someone who would tell them to back off, who wouldn't want to be a death knight.

An interesting plot will ensue here. The way I see it is that the Lich King will fight the Burning Legion together with the rest of Azeroth and eventually even Kil Jaeden who will try to force him into servitute, only to change allegiance once the Burning Legion threat within Legion is gone from Azeroth.

Bolvar as the Lich King is one of the most interesting characters at the moment, I think. His real allegiance is impossible to guess, though it's hard to believe he's acting out of altruism.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Tirion was willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Being part of the Ebon Blade is about sacrificing anything at all for the goal. You really think Tirion would want to become someone that cuts down and reanimates innocents so he can have disposable soldiers? Or someone that attacks and kills his allies if they stand between him and something he thinks would be useful? You think the Silver Hand would stand by and watch that happen instead of launching a crusade against Acherus?
    Yeah, while I could possibly see him maybe accepting undeath to continue protecting the innocent, I have a hard time seeing him accepting the Ebon Blade's methods. Nor do I see the paladins condoning the raising of more undead, there's a reason why they had to break into Light's Hope and couldn't just ask politely, of course they would say 'ah HELL no' if the Ebon Blade asked to raise him. It's probably for the best for relations between the groups that the ebon blade failed, things would be much worse if they turned their venerated former leader who defeated the Lich King into a death knight.

I'm late to this thread, and there's way too much reading to do on mobile. Is Tirion not the 4th horseman after all?

Nope. Turns out it's Darion after all.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    Nope. Turns out it's Darion after all.
    Kinda lame....

Eh, the way it happens isn't actually that bad, and it seems that Bolvar wanted Darion to be the Fourth anyway. So I don't mind it too much. As neat as Tirion would be as a choice, I can't get over my distaste for him for forgetting where his Bubble was in his spellbook for ten minutes while my raid and I were getting our asses kicked by Arthas. =P
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Yeah, while I could possibly see him maybe accepting undeath to continue protecting the innocent, I have a hard time seeing him accepting the Ebon Blade's methods. Nor do I see the paladins condoning the raising of more undead, there's a reason why they had to break into Light's Hope and couldn't just ask politely, of course they would say 'ah HELL no' if the Ebon Blade asked to raise him. It's probably for the best for relations between the groups that the ebon blade failed, things would be much worse if they turned their venerated former leader who defeated the Lich King into a death knight.
    Things would be better... who is a better person to trust in the Ebon Blade than their former leader that they would die for... its not like he would've said "Hey guys its not a phase mom i'm dark and edgy now the Ebon Blade is my family now." He'd still be the same old overused plot armor useless ass we've know for years... he'd just be pale and a bit blue.

Shit if I died as team Red and rezzed as team Blue id be fucking happy instead of being a sniveling bitch complaining "hurr durr light and paladins n blinding pink and yellow" or "edgy darkness ice in my veins and everywhere." Id be like "Cool, now I can grow the fuck up and be a focal point to cement a solid trustful relationship between both factions because there is bigger fish to fry." Who honestly gives a rats ass if one person murders someone with a holy sword or if someone murders with an unholy sword... in the end they both killed a man/beast/demon/whatever.

I'm sorry but this arguement literally make me want to slam my face into the desk... I'm a man for ZERO BS and getting results and growing the fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Kinda lame....
    Well, at least they tried. But the Light in there was just too powerful to withstand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    Eh, the way it happens isn't actually that bad, and it seems that Bolvar wanted Darion to be the Fourth anyway.
    Which means that, with Bolvar, we had 2 Lich Kings sending Darion to certain death. At least, Bolvar did it because he deemed Darion valuable as Fourth Horseman, rather than literally throw him away like a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Which means that, with Bolvar, we had 2 Lich Kings sending Darion to certain death. At least, Bolvar did it because he deemed Darion valuable as Fourth Horseman, rather than literally throw him away like a tool.
    Wouldn't it be easier to just ask darion to choke on pretzel ? I mean if all he wanted was to kill darion he could just mop the floor and sabotage part of balcony. Then pick up darion (and like 50 people who followed) and patch him up.

Or just go youtube comment section style and tell him to kill himself triggering him.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    Things would be better... who is a better person to trust in the Ebon Blade than their former leader that they would die for... its not like he would've said "Hey guys its not a phase mom i'm dark and edgy now the Ebon Blade is my family now." He'd still be the same old overused plot armor useless ass we've know for years... he'd just be pale and a bit blue.

Shit if I died as team Red and rezzed as team Blue id be fucking happy instead of being a sniveling bitch complaining "hurr durr light and paladins n blinding pink and yellow" or "edgy darkness ice in my veins and everywhere." Id be like "Cool, now I can grow the fuck up and be a focal point to cement a solid trustful relationship between both factions because there is bigger fish to fry." Who honestly gives a rats ass if one person murders someone with a holy sword or if someone murders with an unholy sword... in the end they both killed a man/beast/demon/whatever.

I'm sorry but this arguement literally make me want to slam my face into the desk... I'm a man for ZERO BS and getting results and growing the fuck up.
    Well part of growing up means realizing not everyone shares your ideals and world view. The paladins would never allow their fallen champion and leader to be resed into undeath. You can disagree with them all you want to, but that doesn't mean they'd ever say 'oh okay sure, here take Tirion's body and make him into one of your horsemen.' And it's not just a matter of using holy or unholy swords. The ebon blade kill several paladins to get to Tirion's body, even if they're not named characters that's not going to make any sort of diplomacy easy going forward. The Ebon Blade are willing to kill innocents to achieve their objectives, the Silver Hand is not. I doubt that even if Tirion decided to embrace undeath to serve Azeroth again, that he would condone the way they went about trying to get his body etc. It's fine if you identify more with the 'victory by any means neccisary' camp but not all npc groups or players will agree with that, and trying to force that world view onto every class order would make things boring, diversity in ideals is good for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to just ask darion to choke on pretzel ? I mean if all he wanted was to kill darion he could just mop the floor and sabotage part of balcony. Then pick up darion (and like 50 people who followed) and patch him up.

Or just go youtube comment section style and tell him to kill himself triggering him.
    Easier maybe, but would have been c00l? Sit down and ask yourself this important question.

(even though having the whole Ebon Blade around Darion consumed by desperation and grief as he slowly succumbs to a pretzel's might would have been cool indeed)
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easier maybe, but would have been c00l? Sit down and ask yourself this important question.

(even though having the whole Ebon Blade around Darion consumed by desperation and grief as he slowly succumbs to a pretzel's might would have been cool indeed)
    He is undead... can he even choke on a Pretzel... or well... anything for that matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    He is undead... can he even choke on a Pretzel... or well... anything for that matter?
    No undead, dragon or god can withstand the viciousness of a Pretzel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Thassarian sure as hell like to choke on something. Why do you think he had "personal" request for koltira rescue ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Well part of growing up means realizing not everyone shares your ideals and world view. The paladins would never allow their fallen champion and leader to be resed into undeath. You can disagree with them all you want to, but that doesn't mean they'd ever say 'oh okay sure, here take Tirion's body and make him into one of your horsemen.' And it's not just a matter of using holy or unholy swords. The ebon blade kill several paladins to get to Tirion's body, even if they're not named characters that's not going to make any sort of diplomacy easy going forward. The Ebon Blade are willing to kill innocents to achieve their objectives, the Silver Hand is not. I doubt that even if Tirion decided to embrace undeath to serve Azeroth again, that he would condone the way they went about trying to get his body etc. It's fine if you identify more with the 'victory by any means neccisary' camp but not all npc groups or players will agree with that, and trying to force that world view onto every class order would make things boring, diversity in ideals is good for the game.
    Diversity is good for ideals but if the Silver Hand would stop being hurr durr honor and let the rez happen in the first place no one would've died... in fact there would be more life in the end result considering the rez.

Damn holy light once again strikes again as shitty plot armor...again and again... it will never end.

Also I never understood how that shitty chapel is still standing its old as hell... is HOLY POWER OF THE LIGHT plot armor on that too? when will this game fucking stop with that shitty plot armor.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off hostile I'm just sick of plot armor fucking everything in the ass.

I'm also disappointed that all the rest of the classes get good endings to their class campaigns but DKs you gotta retreat like a bitch... I thought light and dark were equal? why does it win every time? Even on unholy ground holy still wins just because plot.

Just more and more reasons adding up to not play DK.
    Last edited by Damaind; 2016-06-24 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

i laughed way to hard at this
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!