Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You reap what you sow.
    So what we sowed is salty Europeans? Yeah that's gonna make BREXIT regret leaving

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Isnt the UK one of, if not the largest, comsumer of all the EU countries?
    No, that's France, or maybe Germany, but definitely not the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Why would they choose to do that now though? No deals are made, and it's a possibility (which, it is!) that the deals made could be in the favour of the UK and Business here.
    In what world will the UK get a deal that is better for them than the current situation? A world where they create anti-matter weapons and can hold the whole planet hostage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Turkey would probably much rather give up those claims
    Greece's hatred of Turkey is cultural and not rooted in any tangible 'claims'.

Greece & Cyprus can't just continue to Veto it endlessly if there are gains to be had for them. Unlocking the E.U. for Turkey is much more lucrative than whatever claims and issues they currently have.
    Legally, they can veto it until kingdom come.

Greece is in a bad way, large payments and offers of bailout packages from Turkey could really push them to at least not Veto their entry. As for Cyprus, more work needs to be done for sure, but as I said; "In my life-time", not in the next 3 years.
    Turkey isn't exactly in a fiscal position to offer aid to Greece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    trade agreement goes both way. If EU does give favorable conditions with a trade treaty, UK will have in return to give favorable conditions to EU.

There could be a case for asymetrical conditions between import and export, but in that case, EU has now more strength than UK, if anything by the size of its market.
    There will be give and take, which is what most posters here do not realise and I have been trying to explain.

They seem to think it will be one party with 100% power and the other with 0%, but that is not how it will work when the EU is negotiating with one of the top ten economies in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Isnt the UK one of, if not the largest, comsumer of all the EU countries?
    Exporters:
    http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/e...countries.html

Importers:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ies_by_imports
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or just sensible contractual terms.
    No contract should ever forbid someone to leave said contract. That's not sensible, that's abusive and stupid. The world is an ever changing place, should we lock ourselves to our current understanding of world politics right now, and never adapt or change to the world around us?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    How so?
    You got your vote and we respect the outcome, but that does not mean that you get to dictate terms to our citizens against their democratic decisions.
    Funny i aren't seeing that

And, if the UK Government refuses to accept that result? The Scottish Parliament can only do as much as Westminster allows. If they don't consent to a Referendm in Scotland, it doesn't mean jackshit.
    It will do wonders to the crowd whining that it's the EU that's undemocratic fer sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    unless i'm wrong, democracy is a form of government where people can elect their leader right. What if people actually vote to be harsh against UK? is it undemocratic?
    No, that would be democratic.

I can't see why the European Union would do that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Deciding to punish a nation that peacefully and democractically decided to leave the European Union would be seen as being against democracy.
    Or that a population that decided to threaten European integrity gets their comeuppance. It's easy to spin.

And i'm really not sure how we are ingracious.
    Endless bitching despite getting an already incredibly good deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Funny i aren't seeing that
    We're not obligated to respect bad decisions.

Somehow UK thinks they can just leave but keep all the EU benefits, or even make better deals.
    Oh boy are they in for a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    In April of this year, we imported 19 billion pounds worth of goods from the EU. While we exported 12 billion pounds worth into the EU.

But apparently we need the EU more than they need us.
    Most logically importing and exporting will get more expansive without the EU.

EU will look elsewhere to buy stuff cheaper or for equal price - UK will have to pay more to get that stuff - simple based due to their location.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Nah, they think someone who leaves and threatens sabotage is an hostile outsider who must be defended against and who should lose all previous privileges granted for being a member.
    Like a clan in wow. If you cant be friends with them outside of it, you know they were full of shit to begin with.

Deleted
    Or that a population that decided to threaten European integrity gets their comeuppance. It's easy to spin.

Endless bitching despite getting an already incredibly good deal.

- - - Updated - - -

We're not obligated to respect bad decisions.
    The people obviously disagree

Greece's hatred of Turkey is cultural and not rooted in any tangible 'claims'.
    Yes, but cultures and social shifts are common place these days. Look at the rise of Far-Right / Right-Wing political groups over the last ~2 years alone?

Legally, they can veto it until kingdom come.
    Of course they can, but they won't forever. Forever is a long time, and eventually, Greece & Cyprus will see reason to let Turkey in, if it means fixing some of these issues they have with each other.

Turkey isn't exactly in a fiscal position to offer aid to Greece.
    Nor was Greece when it joined the E.U., and look what happened there... Which, I will also add is maybe another reason so many decided to leave? The whole Greece situation is a clusterfuck, and continued bailouts are a slap in the face of all Europeans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So what we sowed is salty Europeans? Yeah that's gonna make BREXIT regret leaving
    I'm happy you are leaving, i was unhappy with the mentality and ease brits accepted the EU to be the blame of, the attitude of politicians also. While gladly ignoring the rather beneficial deal the UK already had and the numerous of exclusions and extra rights they obtained, while constantly being the largest obstructive force in the EU that would make Republicans proud in the US.

So good fucking riddance. Not a problem with brits still know plenty of them but your politics and those who blindly follow it like the sheep they are, sorry they are gone. Hell no, i'll be partying tonight and won't lose any less sleep over it even knowing my country exports to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Tell me what the definition of a civil war is, Didactic, and i think that perfectly describes why this reasoning is flawed.
    That civil war wouldn't be called a civil war if the other side had won.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I wanted him to announce new Scottish independence referendum just for the lols and to completely bury himself.
    That would have been amazing, what a wasted opportunity. Granting, I believe it's improper to make mic drops like that when your wife is in attendance, although she could have caught him, when he collapsed. Would have been good for the markets too.

You're gold in this thread, get coffee and keep goin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    No contract should ever forbid someone to leave said contract. That's not sensible, that's abusive and stupid. The world is an ever changing place, should we lock ourselves to our current understanding of world politics right now, and never adapt or change to the world around us?
    Seems to be working just fine for all parties involved in the United States.