Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Thats appreciated. However, what it needs is a proper animation. Right now it is the same as that of Mind Blast... even makes the same sound. Shadow is terribly lacking in the animation department.
    If you look closely at the targets (preferably non dummies) when you cast both spells (SWV and MB) they do actually have an animation, and it's different for each one. The SWV one actually looks really close to the icon.

I am okay with changes. I just don't like bullshit changes. The Voidform erupting was a nice idea as long as it was baseline and instant and not this bullshit thing they did. If the developers were competent enough to know how a Shadowpriest Works they would know that but I doubt they do.

Curious to see what the next patches will offer.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2016-06-24 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I am okay with changes. I just don't like bullshit changes. The Voidform erupting was a nice idea as long as it was baseline and instant and not this bullshit thing they did. If the developers were competent enough to know how a Shadowpriest Works they would know that but I doubt they do.
    It works how they decide it works, sometimes its not how we wish it to play, but as its their game, their design, their choice, the way it works is entirely their choosing, what we can do as players & subscribers is give feedback and ask for changes with sensible input.
    Hopefully enough people will feed back on the Dominant Mind , maybe Blizz have something in mind to prevent us requiring a permanent pet.
    Last edited by Licketysplit77; 2016-06-24 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Dominate mind was shit. If you wanted a permanent pet then play a hunter.
    If they fixed our shit survivability and the fact that void from is counter productive to the leveling process, the we wouldn't need a pet in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Narline View Post
    Do we have a Priest Discord, by the way?
    I don't think MMO-C does, I know H2P has a discord setup, however personally I find it hard to keep up with that all the time.

While it is true that they decide how to make the game it will hurt their subscribers if suddenly they piss off their playerbase so it's best for their sake they hear our feedback and revery those horrible changes they did and finally procceed to fix the mess they did with the class. I cannot even begin to describe every problem we have right now.

Plenty Spriest agree, and plenty other classes have their own issues with their own classes.
    2 Month, as long as we keep providing the feedback they hopefully will listen.

a) Instant cast Eruption required across the board not just pvp

b) Dominant Mind maybe 1 min CD / 30 seconds duration or boost our survivability with stronger passive self heals or a decent ability to kite/keeps mobs at range

Now that you mentioned Dominant Mind the Baseline Dominant Mind Must have an 1min CD/30 sec duration with the ability to control yourself (as a talent if they really want) but on a row that wont affect your other ccs. Also Psychic Horror must come back. There was no reason to remove it.

Also enough with the self healing/shields and things. It doesnt matter how many of them do they give. The class needs kite abilities.

One more thing. Voidform must go back to 30% or else one of the pvp talents is pointless.

The strange thing with Dominate Mind's nerf is that it should be a CC-talent. The problem, if we can say that, is that it was a CC which increased the damage. Reducing its duration and giving it a 3 min CD basically tells that now it's a situational DPS CD more than a reliable CC, so its presence in the CC row appears now a bit questionable. It's almost a CC/Shadowfiend hybrid that requires a MCable secondary target.

I think that if it really needs to be nerfed, it should be done in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    The strange thing with Dominate Mind's nerf is that it should be a CC-talent. The problem, if we can say that, is that it was a CC which increased the damage. Reducing its duration and giving it a 3 min CD basically tells that now it's a situational DPS CD more than a reliable CC, so its presence in the CC row appears now a bit questionable. It's almost a CC/Shadowfiend hybrid that requires a MCable secondary target.

I think that if it really needs to be nerfed, it should be done in a different way.
    If its a DPS cd the mob needs to do more Damage
    They could restore to it how it was and make it no usable other than for world content (no dungeons/raids)
    I'd be happy with the ability being available with the mob doing little to no damage.

I mainly used it during levelling to take on groups of mobs (reduce the number of mobs i had to deal with at one time)
    or to MC mob, mount up and leave combat

Deleted
    did they remove the haste buff for void form? What I mean is, when you go out of void form, you have xx stacks of the haste buff and the next time you enter void form you have the same amount of stacks for a few seconds.

Deleted
    I am constantly getting Void Eruption bugging out and now allowing me to go into Void Form.

wtb removal of Void eruption, just makes the spec a little bit more tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    did they remove the haste buff for void form? What I mean is, when you go out of void form, you have xx stacks of the haste buff and the next time you enter void form you have the same amount of stacks for a few seconds.
    What you are describing is the talent Void Lord. You must have switched talents or something.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    That buff is called Lingering Insanity btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    It works how they decide it works, sometimes its not how we wish it to play, but as its their game, their design, their choice, the way it works is entirely their choosing, what we can do as players & subscribers is give feedback and ask for changes with sensible input.
    Hopefully enough people will feed back on the Dominant Mind , maybe Blizz have something in mind to prevent us requiring a permanent pet.
    That's a terrible way to make a game.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I am more interested in whether Enslave demon, Bribe and Control Undead received same treatment, or we are being red hooded stepchild all again.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Well its how it works.
    For example completely unknown to us CoP arrives something we certainly didnt choose or ask for, all we could do is adjust to it , provide feedback and thoughts and get to a point we managed, dealt or even for some enjoyed.

Same for this iteration of Legion Spriest, we will make it work or adjust to it but lets all give as much feedback & suggestions as possible and see if we can get some adjustments in our favour and to our liking

The only reason CoP was competitive at all was the class trinket. Try playing a fight as CoP without it and see how well you do. We literally spent an entire expansion with a useless level 100 talent with not balance thrown towards it.

We will make it work because some of us are loyal to the class, but there's a line of how much changes can be made. CoP wasn't a great direction to take priest which is why it went away. Legion Shadow is definitely a huge step back in the right direction but stuff that we've been bringing up for 5+ years is still not being addressed. While other classes get fixes to a missing area in their toolkit/have other specs to swap to, we only have the one which needs to be as versatile as possible otherwise we'll be sitting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I am more interested in whether Enslave demon, Bribe and Control Undead received same treatment, or we are being red hooded stepchild all again.
    Well to be fair : enslave demon/control undead only work on demon or undead whereas MC works on everything (except Mechanical).

Bribe lasts for 5 min with a 30 min CD. Which in the end is the same as the new Dominant mind which lasts 30 sec every 3 minutes. Tho MC has a cast time... and I'm not sure if Bribe works on every type of mob. In a 30 minutes scenario, both Outlaw rogue and SP got to MC a mob for 5 min in total. Tho SP can switch mob/has to cast.

Homophobia is so gay.

We can but hope and keep pushing for changes
    I've stuck with this class thru thick and thin, Mop was a struggle, WoD pushed to me to breaking, and Legion Beta has me hammering Warlock & Ele shaman in attempt to prove im still making the right decision by staying loyal to my Spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    The only reason CoP was competitive at all was the class trinket. Try playing a fight as CoP without it and see how well you do. We literally spent an entire expansion with a useless level 100 talent with not balance thrown towards it.

We will make it work because some of us are loyal to the class, but there's a line of how much changes can be made. CoP wasn't a great direction to take priest which is why it went away. Legion Shadow is definitely a huge step back in the right direction but stuff that we've been bringing up for 5+ years is still not being addressed. While other classes get fixes to a missing area in their toolkit/have other specs to swap to, we only have the one which needs to be as versatile as possible otherwise we'll be sitting on the bench.
    One of the biggest reasons why CoP was competitive in Hellfire Citadel was because of the class trinket, but even without the trinket it still had the strength it's had throughout the entire expansion, although that didn't always show on the meters: priority target damage. I'm sure Kilee can attest to that.

Shadow with CoP was arguably the most valuable caster to have in Highmaul. In Blackrock Foundry CoP was still competitive with AS on Gruul (although AS had better potential with good RNG) and was arguably better than AS on Thogar and Kromog.

I don't think CoP had a bad run in terms of performance. I agree that it took the spec in the wrong direction and that it created big design dilemmas for the devs, though. I don't think they intended for CoP and AS to become so opposite to each other in playstyle and stat priorities as what ended up happening. This is a likely explanation why they didn't bother redesigning Void Entropy as well: it could potentially create even more of a mess than what was already there. They probably didn't want to deal with that in the middle of the expansion, which is understandable to an extent. They buffed its numbers by a very significant amount after Highmaul, but that didn't help it much. The talent was just flawed by design.