Poll: Who pays on a date?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

This video popped up on my recommended feed and it got my attention. Not all women think this but some women still believe that the man should pay for the dates. It's a backwards way of thinking. It's 2016 women have jobs and should at least pay half if not all. I even heard men say "If a guy cannot afford to pay for the date, he cant afford to be in a relationship". Or my favorite line " Real men pay for their women". Regardless of who asks who, the guy and the girl should split the bill. What do you think?
    whoever WANTS to pay should pay, or if you feel you both should pay, speak up about it - communication with your date is how this should be resolved, not doing what strangers on the internet want

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I've never given much thought into why I like it, but yeah, I think that's exactly it.
    Despite hating feminists, even if they're not feminazis, I actually had a relationship with one - cause she was smokin' hot! It gave me insights of what's really underneath their bravado and taught me things about her that even she's not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Whoever asked who on a date pays for date. simple as fuck.
    Pretty much that yeah.

The way I've always done it is, I pay this time, she pays next time and that works out fine and neither party has ever had a problem with it.

This is 2016 though, and if equality is going to be achieved those antiquated ways of thinking need to stop. Women, you're no longer a princess anymore than a man is a prince. You're part of the working world with the same responsibilities now, time to accept your equality in other aspects comes with equality in all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It's not about cost man. Buy the girl a cherry slurpee and take a walk...preferably away from traffic.
    This spontaneous generosity shocks me after the coffee talk. Bravo!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So...split then? Im ok with splitting!

Unless we go to the Zoo, in which case cause im a member, yay free stuff!
    lol To clarify, a member like a tenant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    This spontaneous generosity shocks me after the coffee talk. Bravo!

- - - Updated - - -

lol To clarify, a member like a tenant?
    a tennant? I'll have you know that no zoo can cage this amount of crazy, sir!

but seriously: a member as in buy a year long package, and you can get in for free and get discounts on stuff like food and souvenirs.

Honestly, it depends on the situation. I wouldn't let the girl I'm on a date with pay for the entire thing. I would personally rather pay for it myself most of the time but if she wants to go half and half that's cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    a tennant? I'll have you know that no zoo can cage this amount of crazy, sir!

but seriously: a member as in buy a year long package, and you can get in for free and get discounts on stuff like food and souvenirs.
    And Free Parking -- Which for those of us in Chicago paying $11 to park your car at Brookfield Zoo is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    The man always pays,until the day feminists say we're pigs for doing so and demand reparations,and then we'll still pay.
    I always lol when I see the word reparations because I think of Cleveland's rice crispy treats from Family Guy.

Deleted
    Since we're all about equality, let's be all about equality, and not force "chivalry" when it's pretty much always one-sided. Separate checks, no fuss. I mean, unless your plan was to pay for sex all along.

In the words of Jack Reacher:

Jack: "I'm on a budget Sandy."
    Sandy: "What!?"
    Jack: "I can't afford you."
    Sandy: "I'm not a hooker!"
    Jack: "Oh, then I really can't afford you."

Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-24 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Since we're all about equality, let's be all about equality, and not force "chivalry" when it's pretty much always one-sided. Separate checks, no fuss. I mean, unless your plan was to pay for sex all along.
    Should I fuck my friend, or business partner if I am paying for a dinner?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    We were talking about dates here though now weren't we? You know, dates, the kind that two people go on to see if there's any romantic or sexual interest between them.

The kind of women I date never miss an opportunity to make a display of strength and independence, which includes paying for a restaurant bill, so I let them have their way.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    What was your response?
    If they wanted to pay for sex, there are other women that do that. Granted, everywhere I've lived, actual prostitution was illegal. If they felt that paying for a meal was some sort of barter or trade and that they were paying for a service instead of making a fuss and complaining that I shouldn't pay for my food without telling me that I had supposedly committed to trading sex for food without voicing it whatsoever, then they should have mentioned that from the start. It would have saved us both the time and effort wasted on playing mind-games.

That said, I didn't answer your question. I said no every time it happened. Hilariously, with most of them, if they wanted a casual fling I probably would have been up for it if they just left out the tricking to extort sex out of me. Lying and being a jerk is a powerful buzzkill. However, I was never in the mood after having men cause a scene in public about wanting to pay for the entire meal just to find out that they were going to try and leverage it against me later that night for sex.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Isn't it like a universally known fact that women exploit the weakness in men that causes them to pay for drinks and food and all that? I mean, I see it being made fun of all the time. Latest example, I believe, was in the movie How to Be Single, where Rebel Wilson's character teaches Dakota Johnson's character how to bum free drinks and get into clubs for free and all that, just because they're women.

I mean, if that's all made up, then my apologies. I didn't come up with that trope.

I'm just saying, isn't it better not to be taken advantage of like that as a man? I mean, you'd think that, right?

Oh, there was this other movie or TV show in which a girl went on dates all the time just to eat for free. I think it was some dating movie again, but yeah, she just went on dates to get free dinners and lunches, and then never met those guys again. Same trope. No basis in reality?

Women. Equality /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Go for it, we'll cheer you on!

They say "Desperation makes for strange fuck buddies." - Ninja Scroll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    If they wanted to pay for sex, there are other women that do that. Granted, everywhere I've lived, actual prostitution was illegal. If they felt that paying for a meal was some sort of barter or trade and that they were paying for a service instead of making a fuss and complaining that I shouldn't pay for my food without telling me that I had supposedly committed to trading sex for food without voicing it whatsoever, then they should have mentioned that from the start. It would have saved us both the time and effort wasted on playing mind-games.

That said, I didn't answer your question. I said no every time it happened. Hilariously, with most of them, if they wanted a casual fling I probably would have been up for it if they just left out the tricking to extort sex out of me. Lying and being a jerk is a powerful buzzkill. However, I was never in the mood after having men cause a scene in public about wanting to pay for the entire meal just to find out that they were going to try and leverage it against me later that night for sex.
    You are better than I. Had I been in your shoes, I would have offered them a Big Mac just to see them fuck themselves!

Deleted
    I (the guy) do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to travel to see my girlfriend so she pay for most of the dates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post

I'd be pretty silent about it. That said, sexy time on first time out isn't really my style. Preferences and shiz.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    You are better than I. Had I been in your shoes, I would have offered them a Big Mac just to see them fuck themselves!
    I only got nasty with one guy about it. It was only because he tried to take it a step further on the extortion and say that if we didn't have sex, that he'd accuse me, falsely, of theft of things at his place by "conveniently losing" items that he showed me earlier and asked me to look at by handing them to me, then taking them back so I'd have "fingerprints" on them. Needless to say, I called his bluff and he regret taking it to that level with me. >.>
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!