10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Ok this is the thing. Assuming Great Britain manages to use the devaluations of its pound to increase exports, they would still rely on imports to build their cars. And guess what? the UK just left the biggest trading bloc. So the UK will have less power when making those agreements, increasing the cost of their cars, which makes them less competitive.
    reword that bold part... "is about to leave".
    Right now, they're still in, and there's a slight chance that they aren't leaving. Or it gets at least dragged out several more years.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Ok this is the thing. Assuming Great Britain manages to use the devaluations of its pound to increase exports, they would still rely on imports to build their cars. And guess what? the UK just left the biggest trading bloc. So the UK will have less power when making those agreements, increasing the cost of their cars, which makes them less competitive.
    You make it sound like the eu is the only place in the world to trade with, Britain leaving the eu will eventually give it the opportunity to set up trade deals with other countries in the world, this will take time but with patience, perseverance and good planning this can be achieved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    You make it sound like the eu is the only place in the world to trade with, Britain leaving the eu will eventually give it the opportunity to set up trade deals with other countries in the world, this will take time but with patience, perseverance and good planning this can be achieved.
    That makes not a lot of sense, and hope either.
    First, higher transport costs, longer transport times.
    Not to address that it isn't exactly easy to replace producers of goods with other producers.
    Quality matters, expertise matters.
    All kinds of things.
    And if you happen to dump a trade partner, you run the risk that you get dumped in return too.
    The trade market as we know it is pretty much a well oiled machinery.
    Why do you think the global trade market took a 2 trillion dollar loss within 24 hours?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    When the UK leaves the EU what does it have to export? Because most of the finance services that are in London are bound to move if the UK doesn't make a trade agreement with the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The Reliant Robin cars will drag the British economy back on track.
    Ha Ha Ha what a Beauty

Bring these Cars back I say

10+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Ha Ha Ha what a Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Ha Ha Ha what a Beauty

If they put 2 wheels in front and one big fat one in back it would be a t-rex. The t-rex is friggin awesome.

anyway i don't get how a referendum on something that important is not using a supermajority scheme of 2/3 instead of a simple 50%+1.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    anyway i don't get how a referendum on something that important is not using a supermajority scheme of 2/3 instead of a simple 50%+1.
    This is a very good question.

Deleted
    I thought the same; for both this and the Scottish referendum. Which opinion has 51% can change based on the day of the week, and isn't really adequate for deciding major constitutional changes.

This said, what's done is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted in but quite clearly the outs won, all this talk of it should be x% is as embarrassing as the UK voting out.

There's a petition saying it should be 60% with at least a 75% turnout. Piss off.

Deleted
    Rule britannia

Make Scotland and northern Ireland more prosperous and free, that should be the first priority. They have been treated very badly and need to be treated much better by England. Get off the globalism, take care of your own people first and Ireland and Scotland are forever bonded to England as a people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbo View Post
    This said, what's done is done.
    you think so? i'm not entirely convinced that beside Farage the other "brexiters", especially Bojo, have the intention of triggering article 50; Cameron resigning is a way to buy time, i'm positive that in coming month they will try to scrape this vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Rule Britannia, Britannia owns the waves and never shall we be slaves, the empire is reborn, you will see.

ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND!!!
    FOR THE HORDE, FOR ENGLAND!
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-06-25 at 07:04 AM.

There should be a list made of all the people that voted against leaving the EU.

you think so? i'm not entirely convinced that beside Farage the other "brexiters", especially Bojo, have the intention of triggering article 50; Cameron resigning is a way to buy time, i'm positive that in coming month they will try to scrape this vote.
    What is article 50?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    There should be a list made of all the people that voted against leaving the EU.
    Not many here.
    The carrying vote that caused the exit result was cast by 65+ year old English people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    What is article 50?
    European Union laws.
    Any member country leaving would do so by invoking article 50.
    http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the...rticle-50.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I hope you aren't being serious.