Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Realistically now?
    Okay, the EU will not drop the UK like a hot potato. There's too much at stake for both sides. They will negotiate the trade agreements in place.
    At the same time however, the EU cannot and won't treat the UK with silk gloves either. That cannot be done, since the EU needs to avoid a domino effect from other countries.
    If it would turn out, that the UK has no disadvantages at all, this would send the wrong message. Others would ask "why should we stay, if we can have everything without obligations?".
    In one sense the UK is already punished, since it's market lost nearly 1 trillion US dollars within 24 hours. But that's only the market reaction. More is to be expected.
    Including possible secession from Northern Ireland and Scotland, leaving England and Wales alone.
    It's tricky, and everything is possible for now.
    This man has my seal of approval.

I've seen enough afterthoughts programs yesterday and they all saw/fear the domino-effect, however that trade agreement might be abit of a hassle, its a bloody paradox, the trade agreement the UK wants entails following a number of laws, exactly the ones the UK doesnt want, the EU cant be lenient and cather to the UK, if so they open the door for leaving wide-open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    That's the "rational actor" hypothesis. It might play out. It might not. As we have our own irrational xenophobes in the UK so does Europe and they are becoming more powerful politically. There will be an element of petty sadism in any negotiations. The last thing a continental european leaders wants is to appear soft on Britain, it won't fly with their voters.
    of course, that's why I said at the end, everything's possible.
    It's too fresh. The panic mode has to vanish first, and things need to settle.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I know you're not being serious since you're a non-serious poster but for the gallery; One of the main spokespersons for Leave just admitted that Free Movement of Labour (immigration from the EU) won't be stopped by Brexit and is pretending that they made it clear that they always wanted free movement of labour.
    Kind of confirms the notion that this was always a war between political elites with the public fed some horseshit to get them to take sides.
    Obviously, Remain would have won by a country mile if someone had said this before the election.

Deleted
    By the way, the leave camp is actually going to love this headline:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...n-brexit-chart

World’s 400 Richest People Lose $127 Billion on Brexit

Deleted
    of course, that's why I said at the end, everything's possible.
    It's too fresh. The panic mode has to vanish first, and things need to settle.
    We seem to be in a period of long and deep irrationality unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    That chanting sounds like it might have worked back in the middle ages.. but now it's a different time.. if you stand alone, you will fall.. I feel so sorry for all Brits and my friend with family that lives in London.. When talking to him, none of the ones he work with (project management IT sector) are happy about this fail. Everyone is worried and cannot understand how the medieval-minded people got the election in their direction... Poor you (sub-60yo) people that will have to live and regret the decisions of your uneducated and super selfish voters (yes loads of the brexit-votes will be fu*king dead when this starts to sink into the country).

Cross my fingers you'll ride out this storm but just remember what I said, standing alone and proud might have worked a bunch of decades ago, however it's a new wind that's blowing in the world today, you need to be part of big groups to survive or you will perish as noone will eventually care about the loner sitting in a corner, expecting the other to still "wanna hang out with them". ... sorry and good luck!
    medieval minded? i'm sorry but this country called england owned half of this planet and if we decide to do so again you Americans will have no choice but to stick with us, after all, we founded your country. and don't ever, ever forget that.

England was a superpower in medieval times and america did not exist, and it is a superpower today, think before you speak.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-06-25 at 07:55 AM.

what? you really sound drunk..
    Or you're missing a few tacos in the shelves.
    Which one is it?
    Both I think, guy is from Newcastle, funnily enough one of the centers of Danelaw, chances has he has Danish blood in his veins. And no one cares about a nation who speaks with a potato in his mouth, whilst you guys are at it, go for Skane btw, you need free slaves

Kind of confirms the notion that this was always a war between political elites with the public fed some horseshit to get them to take sides.
    Obviously, Remain would have won by a country mile if someone had said this before the election.
    If political elites includes the media then I'm in total agreement. Absolutely derelict in their duty to inform and hold public officials to account. Too swept up in the reality tv aspect of Boris v Hameron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

That looks like cherry-picking. The markets oscillate quite a lot after events like this, it isn't clear where they might end up.

In any case 127bn isn't that much of the worth of those individuals collectively, probably less than 5%.

10+ Year Old Account
    We seem to be in a period of long and deep irrationality unfortunately.
    In a sense. the war wasn't brutal enough. Those 70+ years are too long in the past already, it seems.
    One would want to think, Europeans as a whole wouldn't ever forget that some 20 million soldiers and about 60 million civilians died in Europe right there and then.
    But here we are again, seeing isolationism/nationalism rising all over the place.
    It's a bit frustrating, I admit that much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

Well Brexit can say they reduced inequality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    anyway i don't get how a referendum on something that important is not using a supermajority scheme of 2/3 instead of a simple 50%+1.
    Because then nothing would ever get decided.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks like cherry-picking. The markets oscillate quite a lot after events like this, it isn't clear where they might end up.

In any case 127bn isn't that much of the worth of those individuals collectively, probably less than 5%.
    That's true
    But the total sum we shouldn't ignore though.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-live-updates

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    medieval minded? i'm sorry but this country valled england owned half of this planet and if we decide to do so again you Americans will have no choice but to stick with us, after all, we founded your country. and don't ever, ever forget that.
    I'm not American, it's kinda obvious that you assume WAY to much and that's why you guys are in the shitter right now.. because of people like you dude! :/

And on a sidenote: You seriously think USA would bend over for you if you "forced them"... haha.. hahaha.. dude... easy on the pints, ey?
    Last edited by Dawon; 2016-06-25 at 07:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    medieval minded? i'm sorry but this country valled england owned half of this planet and if we decide to do so again you Americans will have no choice but to stick with us, after all, we founded your country. and don't ever, ever forget that.
    It would be more accurate to say we got half the planet to fight with itself and held the balance of power between the factions.
    Oh, and the gatling gun helped.

- - - Updated - - -

That's true
    But the total sum we shouldn't ignore though.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-live-updates
    Yeah, this does look very significant for the world economy.

My only point was that I very much doubt it will have a lasting impact on the ultra-rich.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I know you're not being serious since you're a non-serious poster but for the gallery; One of the main spokespersons for Leave just admitted that Free Movement of Labour (immigration from the EU) won't be stopped by Brexit and is pretending that they made it clear that they always wanted free movement of labour.
    No joke. Are you serious? Ahah tough lesson Brits. You were farmed for political reasons.
    Next time active the brains

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, this does look very significant for the world economy.

My only point was that I very much doubt it will have a lasting impact on the ultra-rich.
    sad but true.

ftse 100 is fine
    ftse 250 (more UK businesses) is down 7%~ish

expected outcomes are expected. while i knw a lot of leave voters voted leave cus "IMMIGRUNTS" i didnt do it for that. while i want stronger border control, less openness, etc, i fully am aware it isn't happening. i voted leave for long term economic gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No joke. Are you serious? Ahah tough lesson Brits. You were farmed for political reasons.
    Next time active the brains
    https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/sta...66834610692096

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    ftse 100 is fine
    ftse 250 (more UK businesses) is down 7%~ish

expected outcomes are expected. while i knw a lot of leave voters voted leave cus "IMMIGRUNTS" i didnt do it for that. while i want stronger border control, less openness, etc, i fully am aware it isn't happening. i voted leave for long term economic gain.
    Credit rating reduced by Moody's and looking to be reduced by Standard and Poor's as well. Pound depreciated and only saved by a £250billion injection (hello inflation). Tons of uncertainty that will scare off investment, companies looking to relocate due to the uncertainty and our most profitable industry (financial services) will lose it's value as the EU sets up a financial hub within it's own territories. Yeah real stellar job on the economy there, champ.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-06-25 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I'm not American, it's kinda obvious that you assume WAY to much and that's why you guys are in the shitter right now.. because of people like you dude! :/

And on a sidenote: You seriously think USA would bend over for you if you "forced them"... haha.. hahaha.. dude... easy on the pints, ey?
    Most of the time you hear this sort of thing online it is usually American imperialists.

This is the first time I can remember a British person delusional enough to come out with it.