Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Isnt states bond by the constitution or amendments or something from seceding?

The outcome of the Civil War is what made it illegal for states to secede. It ended the 10th Amendment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I believe that Austin is probably one the few sane places in TX.

Hmf..If Texas ever did successfully seceded it'd be a third world country in a matter of hours.

LMAO...You'd think you'd know better. Google can tell you much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post

on what? are you arguing for or against Texas' ability to defend itself after they secede? small arms aren't going to do shit against drones, helicopters and C-130's. and those are just our "nice" toys. It only gets worse from there.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post

It's not PC to point out when other States are stupid. You can only generalize Texas that way.
    The Californian one would be stupidity on a global scale though. They have a bigger economy than France, removing that from the US would be a disaster.

Fortunately, California doesn't really have the same identity solidarity that Texas has, so assuming they even get it on the ballet it would probably get only a very low percent of voters.

What An Independent Texas Would Look Like

http://www.forbes.com/sites/pascalem.../#4765a57a6781

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    on what? are you arguing for or against Texas' ability to defend itself after they secede? small arms aren't going to do shit against drones, helicopters and C-130's. and those are just our "nice" toys. It only gets worse from there.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/pascalem.../#4765a57a6781

The entire article is nullified based on the premise. People thought and said the exact same things going into the Civil War, they were all wrong. Once bullets start shooting slowing down the momentum of war becomes increasingly more difficult.

you tell me then how we're going to settle the billions of dollars of military infrastructure Texas would be "stealing" from our government.... literally that is what happened in South Carolina that really got the Civil War going.

I will never understand why "smart" people follow "dumb" people into conflicts.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-26 at 02:54 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

Really: Texas routinely receives more federal dollars than Texans pay in federal taxes

since 2003 Texas has been receiving more than it paid in five out of seven years...

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    The entire article is nullified based on the premise. People thought and said the exact same things going into the Civil War, they were all wrong. Once bullets start shooting slowing down the momentum of war becomes increasingly more difficult.

you tell me then how we're going to settle the billions of dollars of military infrastructure Texas would be "stealing" from our government.... literally that is what happened in South Carolina that really got the Civil War going.

Texas’ natural resources include not just plentiful oil but uranium and facilities that would allow it to quickly build nuclear bombs. A nuclear standoff would make the United States even less likely to try an invasion. Would Texas nuke DC? Probably not. Would the President of the United States call that bluff? Don’t mess with Texas.

Go read the artical....all of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Really: Texas routinely receives more federal dollars than Texans pay in federal taxes

since 2003 Texas has been receiving more than it paid in five out of seven years...
    Actually that would be the state of Alaska. They get more federal dollars than any other state.

Let them. Then in a year or two when they are on the verge of utter collapse, we let them back in with the stipulation that all their archaic and assbackward bigoted laws are changed.

ding ding ding. Texas is no longer a shit hole.

Texas’ natural resources include not just plentiful oil but uranium and facilities that would allow it to quickly build nuclear bombs. A nuclear standoff would make the United States even less likely to try an invasion. Would Texas nuke DC? Probably not. Would the President of the United States call that bluff? Don’t mess with Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that would be the state of Alaska. They get more federal dollars than any other state.
    So Texas is a nuclear superpower unto itself now? The shit people convince themselves of can be quite amazing.

One of the most harmful things a person can do is start to believe their own bullshit. Get ahead of the game and avoid believing someone who believes their own bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know, as great as Texas is, army vs army the US would win. Especially since Texas itself would be divided. Most Texans are Amerucans first and don't have this stupid Texas First attitude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    So Texas is a nuclear superpower unto itself now? The shit people convince themselves of can be quite amazing.

One of he most harmful things a person can do is start to believe their own bullshit. Get ahead of the game and avoid believing someone who believes their own bullshit.
    If it's any comfort, most Texans aren't like him. Most of us know we'd be worse off

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Every time Texas secession comes up:

LMFAO, in case you are in a dreamworld the Obama administration doesn't enforce border control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Ya know, as great as Texas is, army vs army the US would win. Especially since Texas itself would be divided. Most Texans are Amerucans first and don't have this stupid Texas First attitude

- - - Updated - - -

If it's any comfort, most Texans aren't like him. Most of us know we'd be worse off
    Oh, I know I have family there. Delusion is not unique to Texas, it's just bigger there;p

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump can build a wall around texas instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Plenty of Texans and Texan sympathizers living elsewhere. They'd flock to the sweet land of freedom. 50 million might be too low.
    You can count both my husband and I in! As well as the rest of both our families, and most of the people we know.

50 million is way too low.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno, I like the fantasy that "all of Texas" would secede and that they'd become a NUCLEAR POWER to rival the US. All without the US being able to prevent it or know about it.

- - - Updated - - -

in your delusional world, the US government not only would be oblivious but would do nothing to stop the new country of Texas from acquiring nuclear warheads and the missiles to launch them?
    Again, unless the state of Texas has their own mobile anti-aircraft stations to not only defend their offensive operations on US owned bases in Texas, but also to defend said nuclear silos...

Why are you so interested in murdering American citizens, btw?
    holy fuck lets start background checks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I dunno, I like the fantasy that "all of Texas" would secede and that they'd become a NUCLEAR POWER to rival the US. All without the US being able to prevent it or know about it.
    Kinda hillarious. I think Texas seceding would cause a Texas civil war between unionists and secessionists I don't think the secessionists even have the numbers., let alone the tech. It's assured the US would help fund and outfit the unionists.

Texas would leave... Mexico would invade to take it back....Texas would get the US to help again.... Umm... Texas goes sorry bad idea to leave.

Kinda hillarious. I think Texas seceding would cause a Texas civil war between unionists and secessionists I don't think the secessionists even have the numbers., let alone the tech. It's assured the US would help fund and outfit the unionists.
    Civil war? More like quiet imprisonment and / or slaughter.. the nutters that'd do so would stop real quick when they suddenly had to actually fight for their "right to secede" and the trucks full of magically produced food and gear stopped stopping by their stores.