Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I'm talking about the people not the politicians.
    Yet politicians are the ones that the markets hear, because, you know, they are the ones that make the decisions.

Heck, in 2014 the debt price of my country rose 2.0 points just because a government member flip-flopped his resignation...

15+ Year Old Account
    Where are the royals when you need them? A little scandal would really help the leavers to sweep this clusterfuck under the rug.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    They won't offer you jack shit, you'll be the one begging here
    What leverage do you really have ?
    1)A fuck tonne of investment in each other's economies.
    2)People on the ground doing essential jobs in other than their country of origin e.g. we now need reciprocal agreements as to how we manage certification in healthcare specialities, for all those specialities, and fitness to practise checks and balances (a fucking nightmare as it deals with disclosure of professional and police records across sovereign states). All this stuff was managed by EU treaty. Alternative is we fuck each others health systems terribly hard.
    ..)Keep going, there are thousands of issues that interconnect the UK and the remaining EU

(There's people that keep banging on about social science types having their knickers twisted about the result to explain the education divide wrt to voting. It's nothing like that. It's people in real jobs/professions who realise how absolutely fucking bonkers this all this.)

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Right, so your agreeing with me that the EU sees no downsides to the UK being in the EEA, your agreeing with me that the UK should man up and get on with it, and your agreeing with with me that this is a solid showing of democracy. You just feel like being a dick about it as well.
    Being a dick about it? LOL what the actual fuck? Do you still not get it? You wanted OUT. You are going to be on the same diplomatic level that Gambia is. You are no longer part of the European Union. There is no loyalty owed to you. No obligation to accomodate you. This is a clean sheet. What you bring to the table is what you got. And if you don't have much more than this "righ to sell to the British market", well.. that's really not that much to bargain with. Especially not when we can weigh that up with "Your right to sell to the EU market" wich is what, 6-7 times the size of your market? Do you still not see the discrepancy in virtually every metric that makes your bargaining position piss poor?

That's not us being a dick about it, that's the EU doing its fucking job and bargaining in the interest of its member states. What is so hard to understand about it?

You are on your literal own on this one. There is nobody else to help you. That is what your nation wanted. And that's what you got. You don't get to call us a dick for it except if by "dick" you mean a hard negotiator. Then yes, by all means, that's what we are. That's what we pay those fuckers in Brussels for. Did you think they just dick around in Brussels?
    Last edited by Slant; 2016-06-26 at 02:44 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    1)A fuck tonne of investment in each other's economies.
    Those investors are considering moving to other economies because of uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You don´t even understand how much this one day already cost the UK, draging it out even further wouldn´t exactly help with attracting companies, quite the opposite.
    This is right. Companies already announced that they wouldn't make new investments in the UK and only maintain the already existing ones. Until the dust settles. After that I'm sure people will still want to invest in the UK.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You wanted OUT.
    No I didn't. The country did.

There is nothing that I don't understand about that, as i've already said in this thread, we will get a deal now that is worse than what we had before and that is far more beneficial to the EU.

You seem to think that i'm not getting that and being a dick about my percieved lack of understanding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is right. Companies already announced that they wouldn't make new investments in the UK and only maintain the already existing ones. Until the dust settles. After that I'm sure people will still want to invest in the UK.
    No doubt, but they will have to wait for the negotiations to actually know what they´re investing in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I've got some good laughs out of this so far, but seriously, returning to status quo would make this one of the most expensive jokes in history, even ignoring all the civil unrest this has caused. I have to wonder if backing down really is an option.
    There is no way they can back out now, they'd be the joke of the continent and nobody would ever trust them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    [...]
    There is apparently zero appetite in Westminster to leave the EU. There is zero appetite in TeamLeave to push for it since the result was announced 55 hours ago. What would be easier, than to simply brush it under the rug and not go further? Farage is finished, as is UKIP. He lost any kudos he might have had left after losing his seat in Westminster when he said that immigration would not be reduced. That has been the foundation for his party's single policy - get out of Europe and regain control over immigration.

The only party to come out of this debacle somewhat intact are the Lib Dems of all people. Are we going to see a Lib Dem government at the next general election, simply because the Tories and Labour have torn themselves apart? Labour voters don't want to vote for Corbyn's labour. Half of the Tory voters don't want to vote for Johnson's lot (and the other half don't want to vote for the remnants of Cameron's cabinet).
    I'm not seeing UKIP defeated yet. There are still plenty of fools that believe their crap and it's not like they actually have to put them to test, don't they? Farange has afaik no obligation to actually do anything here. I fear the only ones hurt here are the established two parties. And while UKIP certainly didn't gain suddenly 50% of the populations backing because of all this crap, they certainly further strengthened their position in comparison to the last election, Maybe I'm missing the massive outcry of the general public here. Is it really now commonly accepted that Derange was spewing bullshit all this time, or is that just a realization of a few on the leave side wheres most of them already knew that anyway?

Long time lurker here.

As a person that voted leave reading this thread since the result came out is too beautiful, I mean the hysteria shown by the EU know it alls is ridiculous.

Anyone thinking the UK is going to get a deal that is not broadly similar to what we already have needs their heads testing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, they have the opportunity to sabotage the EU as much as they want, and they will try to use this as blackmail, of that I'm pretty sure.
    No, they don`t. "On Tuesday, after a traditional exchange of views with the President of the European Parliament, we will listen to brief presentations by the NATO Secretary General on EU/NATO cooperation, and by the EIB President on his initiative for the Southern Neighbourhood and the Western Balkans. Finally, I will propose that we adopt all of our conclusions, which should be possible given the good preparatory work conducted in the Council.
    We will then move to dinner, where Prime Minister Cameron will explain the situation in the UK after the referendum, followed by a first exchange of views. This will mark the end of our meeting on Tuesday.
    On Wednesday the 27 Heads of State or Government will meet informally to discuss the political and practical implications of ‘Brexit’. First of all, we will discuss the so called ‘divorce process’ as described in Art. 50 of the Treaty. And secondly, we will start a discussion on the future of the European Union with 27 Member States."

https://next.ft.com/content/fcaa3908...f-fce877add392

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    Long time lurker here.

As a person that voted leave reading this thread since the result came out is too beautiful, I mean the hysteria shown by the EU know it alls is ridiculous.

Anyone thinking the UK is going to get a deal that is not broadly similar to what we already have needs their heads testing.
    If the deal is going to be no different to what we already have, why should the UK bother leaving in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    There is no way they can back out now, they'd be the joke of the continent and nobody would ever trust them again.
    People forget faster than you'd think. Half their parliament is about to resign from the looks of it, as much as it pains me but especially as a German I have to admit that you can't hold grudges eternally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You don´t even understand how much this one day already cost the UK, draging it out even further wouldn´t exactly help with attracting companies, quite the opposite.
    And you don't understand how much this one day is to the benefit of the UK, dragging it out even further will exactly help in attracting new non-EU companies.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Long time lurker here.

Then why the referendum in the first place? To bluff and shred money? Guess what, the EU is calling the bluff.

Long time lurker here.

So you voted out to end up in the same position as we are now but with less political power in the EU?

7+ Year Old Account
    If the deal is going to be no different to what we already have, why should the UK bother leaving in the first place?
    To reduce Brussels influence on migration policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    No I didn't. The country did.

There is nothing that I don't understand about that, as i've already said in this thread, we will get a deal now that is worse than what we had before and that is far more beneficial to the EU.

You seem to think that i'm not getting that and being a dick about my percieved lack of understanding.
    You as a nation wanted out. Again, I do not care about you personally. You can repeat that it wasn't you in every single post, that doesn't change the fact that as a part of the nation, you are out. Whether you like it or not really doesn't matter much at this point. And I'm really not interested in it, either. I'm talking about the consequences for you as a nation.

And you still do not get to say that the EU "is being dicks about it" or "punish the UK". That's just factually wrong and still ignoring the whole issue at hand. That the UK (and you in particular) are still not really aware of the legal repercussions this has. I mean, this is no shock to me, seeing as how horribly misrepresented your campaigns were.

I'm not actually arguing against much that you say, except any negative comment like "punishment" or "being a dick about it". Once you say that, you're ignoring that if anyone's being dicks is the UK's part of the population that wanted out, most surely at least the UKIP and the Leave campaign. Blame them, talk to them about being dicks, because they got you into this mess. Congratulations, your nation has been duped into a shithole. The EU, however, is not anymore the place where you can whinge about it.

For me personally it was to get out of what the EU was trying to become. Not really what was being signed up to in 1975 and now you see the effects of this age group being duped at the time and having a 40 year wait to have their voices heard again