Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I remember visiting Milwaukee about 15 years ago with some friends, for a music fest downtown. While driving back to our motel room that night, a car full of hispanic gang members started trying to ram us off the road, and were hanging out of the car windows waving guns, flashing signs with their hands, and yelling stuff in Spanish.
    I wont dispute that. May have happened, may be made up. Milwaukee was indeed a terrible place to live in back in the 90s(and further back...) but there's been a major climate change here. Mostly starting with the 3rd Ward. There doing something, and whatever it is... its showing. West Allis is looking amazing, Wauwatosa is crazy nice and beautiful. Southside, where most of the asians and hispanics live is in a kind of 'renovation'. Just Northside is being stubborn. Gang activity, though present, is a bit of joke compared to 90s. I remember a chick shooting up my house(luckily it was just me at home(alone)) all because my cousin dumped her and she didnt know where he lived [lol]. Only funny because I can look back at it in hindsight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Chicago is not all bad... it's essentially all concentrated in the southern half.
    The 'South Side of Chicago' is not bad - again there are neighborhoods (Englewood, Chatham in particular) that you just want to avoid. I grew up on the South Side of Chicago in a decent area. The South, West, East and North all have some suspect neighborhoods you want to avoid....More crime definitely happens on the South Side but again its primarily in the areas I mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The wonders of capitalism.
    Which system do you figure would have magicked wealth back into Detroit?

You can easily show with stats that certain demographic groups are responsible for concentrated crime and poverty. Until these groups take it upon themselves to fix their broken culture, nothing will change. Things like welfare only make the problem worse as they create conditions where the status quo is a viable permanent way of life. Of course having a low propensity to technical work could also be an issue, but clearly the tests that have indicated as such for decades are biased and irrelevant. If only some well meaning individual could properly administer the tests I'm sure the issue would be resolved quite quickly.

Deleted
    Well in the case of Detroit for example, NAFTA and other trade agreements seriously rekt that city.

Then you also have lots of black people living there, and blacks are disproportionally affected by poverty and crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This seems like a pretty even-handed explanation. I'll be curious if anyone poses any plausible argument against this story or if it'll be one of those posts that people just kind of ignore because it's basically accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. The most sarcastic of sarcasm. Looking at what's happened to urban centers that were once the jewels of the nation is incredibly depressing. This was the best real estate the United States had to offer.
    more like fear of moderators

not worth being banned for 3months to give the real answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Then you also have lots of black people living there, and blacks are disproportionally affected by poverty and crime.
    Ah yes, the always malicious "poverty and crime", going around affecting people that are definitely in no way responsible for poverty and crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    There shouldn't be a black side, white side, brown side.
    Ghettoization has very nasty side effects.
    There shouldn't be, but there is. People of any color seem to congregate around people of similar color. I've witnessed this just about everywhere I've been, even in the military.

On a ship, after work has been knocked off, all the Filipinos are in the galley making lumpia and shit (I HATE the smell of Filipino food, sorry), all the blacks are in the mess deck playing spades and dominoes, sometimes with the hispanics, and most of the white folks are in the library on the computers, or in their racks on their computers, or playing LAN games in berthing with other white folks.

Now, this of course does not count for 100% of the ship's population, there is always some overflow, just like in cities. The Ghetto isn't 100% blacks/hispanics. The 'rich' side of town isn't 100% whites. Whether racism or just plain familiarity, people DO seem to always go to their relative skin color's locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Ah yes, the always malicious "poverty and crime", going around affecting people that are definitely in no way responsible for poverty and crime.
    That's not what I was trying to imply at all, lol.

They were born that way.

Well I would say, but I'll get infracted because some of the SJW mods on here can't handle the truth even when statistics back it up.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    more like fear of moderators

not worth being banned for 3months to give the real answer.
    It's only a message board on the web.

I get banned every time I drop a truth bomb or troll them when I get back to my senses and realize it's no use talking to these people like they're rational adults.

Just go ahead and say what you want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Well I would say, but I'll get infracted because some of the SJW mods on here can't handle the truth even when statistics back it up.
    And what's sad about it is that almost no one makes the argument that black people are inherently crime-prone, we believe there is a culture among black populations in this country that encourages stupidity of this sort.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why are some Russian cities so bad. Why are some German cities so bad. Why are some English cities so bad. Why are some French cities so bad. Why are some mexican cities so bad. Why are many of our threads so.....naive?

And by "naive" I mean...can you really not input "Detroit" in google and come up with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit which includes a link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroi...and_bankruptcy and kinda like...read that?

- - - Updated - - -

I had my share of bans here. Usually they were the result of being an idiot and catching like 5 infractions in a short time. What kind of answer (or previous posting history) gets you a 3 month ban? Worst I ever had was like...one week I think....
    lets just say reality is not the strong suit of this forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    The poor and the brown. That's why.

Cities tend to be a highly amplified representation of all walks of society. You'll see the wealthiest and some of the poorest sharing the same few blocks, something that is simply not as apparent in other non-metro sections.

Having said that, costs of living and job opportunities (or lack thereof) are primary drivers of crime in cities.

Deleted
    Which system do you figure would have magicked wealth back into Detroit?
    Not the one that magicked it away, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    And what's sad about it is that almost no one makes the argument that black people are inherently crime-prone, we believe there is a culture among black populations in this country that encourages stupidity of this sort.
    Sorry, poor people like to commit crime. Maybe its because they want to be not poor. Maybe its because they're angry about being poor.
    For the period 2008–12—
    Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
    Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8–2.5 per 1,000).
    The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
    Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
    Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
    Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

7+ Year Old Account
    Lots of reasons: free trade depressing working class wages in developed nations, legacy of racial bigotry, white flight from the inner cities after the civil rights movement, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Sorry, poor people like to commit crime. Maybe its because they want to be not poor. Maybe its because they're angry about being poor.

Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).
    I'm a little drunk right now but two things:

Those rates shouldn't be as high. If they're that close together blacks are way over represented in crime.

On the first part - Being poor doesn't cause crime necessarily. Not all poor people are criminals. On the other hand, crime always causes poverty of some form. Crime always leads to poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Again, Chicago is not "crime-ridden and improverished". It has some bad locations but the vast majority of the city is far from impoverished or crime-ridden.
    The bad parts are fucking terrible though.