Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

'Bernie Or Bust’ Huge Problem For Clinton

55% of Bernie Sanders supporters have stated that they are willing to vote for Hillary Clinton. That leaves a huge chunk of his voters that Clinton needs to win over. Ana Kasparian, Ben Mankiewicz, Jimmy Dore, and John Amato, hosts of The Young Turks, break it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below.

“In the two weeks since Hillary Clinton wrapped up the Democratic presidential primary, runner-up Bernie Sanders has promised to work hard to defeat Donald Trump — but he’s given no sign he’ll soon embrace Clinton, his party’s presumptive nominee. Neither have many of Sanders’s supporters. A June 14th Bloomberg Politics national poll of likely voters in November’s election found that barely half of those who favored Sanders — 55 percent — plan to vote for Clinton. Instead, 22 percent say they’ll vote for Trump, while 18 percent favor Libertarian Gary Johnson. “I’m a registered Democrat, but I cannot bring myself to vote for another establishment politician like Hillary,” says Laura Armes, a 43-year-old homemaker from Beeville, Texas, who participated in the Bloomberg poll and plans to vote for Trump. “I don’t agree with a lot of what Trump says. But he won’t owe anybody. What you see is what you get.”

Conversations with two dozen Sanders supporters revealed a lingering distrust of Clinton as too establishment-friendly, hawkish or untrustworthy. As some Sanders fans see it, the primary was not a simple preference for purity over pragmatism, but a moral choice between an honest figure and someone whom they consider fundamentally corrupted by the ways of Washington. Sanders has fed these perceptions throughout his campaign, which is one reason he's having a hard time coming around to an endorsement.

Voters like Armes, who says she’ll “definitely” vote in November, highlight the difficulty Clinton faces in unifying her party. Clinton’s paltry support among Sanders voters could still grow, as his disheartened fans process the hard-fought primary campaign. But the Bloomberg poll found that only 5 percent of Sanders supporters who don’t currently back Clinton would consider doing so in the future.

/Yawn

I had a funny dream. It was 2008 again and people were talking about how doomed Obama was because Hillary supporters wouldn't vote for him.

7+ Year Old Account
    She's up double digits over Trump in several polls at the moment. And it seems, according to the OP, that is without Bernie supporters. Imagine how much that lead will increase if/when those Bernie supporters are converted to Hilary supporters. Trump is fucked.

I don't think the Bernie or Bust people were that big of a percentage of Bernie's voters.

Clinton is basically having easy pickings for a lot of different groups right now as Trump continues to let stupid flow from his mouth.

lol she's up double digits before Bernie even publicly throws his weight behind her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    She's up double digits over Trump in several polls at the moment. And it seems, according to the OP, that is without Bernie supporters. Imagine how much that lead will increase if/when those Bernie supporters are converted to Hilary supporters. Trump is fucked.
    Democrats and Hillary have people so hysterically scared of Trump, she has them eating out her hands. I hope she delivers to them what they are looking for.

Win me over? Good luck with that. As stated in the article, it's a rejection based in principles. I won't vote for Hillary because I don't see her as trustworthy and I don't see her as particularly liberal. Is Clinton better than Trump? Sure, although it's fairly marginal, in my opinion. But that doesn't matter because I won't be voting for either of them, I'll likely just be writing in Bernie. I don't understand how anyone who supported Bernie could vote for Trump or Hillary, they both represent the exact kinds of things Bernie opposed. If you believe Bernie was the best candidate then voting for them is just turning on your own principles, especially when there is nothing actually stopping you from voting for Bernie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Democrats and Hillary have people so hysterically scared of Trump, she has them eating out her hands. I hope she delivers to them what they are looking for.
    Manufacturing reality, quality stuff there : "hysterically scared"

Personally, I don't like either option. And hell, I don't like Bernie either. They're all game players. Regardless of who Trump was going to be running against, I wouldn't approve of Trump.

I'm looking for a not-Republican picking the Supreme Court justice. I'd say I'm definitely getting what I want if Trump loses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I'm looking for a not-Republican picking the Supreme Court justice. I'd say I'm definitely getting what I want if Trump loses.
    That's cool that your happy with a pretty low bar. Since gay marriage is history I don't think the Supreme Court is going to be doing anything too game changing anyways.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's cool that your happy with a pretty low bar.
    Aren't you a Trump supporter?

10+ Year Old Account
    small hands

Hillary's Bernie or Bust problem... is a problem with small hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do like his stance on illegal immigration and the 2nd amendment.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-27 at 12:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    small hands
    Seriously! Have you seen photos of Trump's hands? They're freakin' tiny!!!! How the hell can anyone vote for a man with such tiny hands....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    small hands

Hillary's Bernie or Bust problem... is a problem with small hands.
    Hillary must be leading because she has strong powerful man hands!

7+ Year Old Account
    I do like him more than Hillary who is terrible on illegal immigration and the 2nd amendment.
    And so you're a bit of a hypocrite : setting the bar pretty low yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Hillary must be leading because she has strong powerful man hands!
    And thats why she is getting my vote. I can't vote for a man who has childlike hands.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well unlike previous polls in months like May were Hillary was tied or losing to Trump, these new polls which show her handily defeating Trump are the correct polls for various reasons. Anyway she needs none of those votes and never will. ALSO DEA HATE TRUMP!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    And so you're a bit of a hypocrite : setting the bar pretty low yourself.
    Mine are policy issues, like deporation and border security. Garnier didn't say specifically what she wanted from the Supreme Court. If it is just another "Hillary because I'm afraid of the other guys" then yes that is a lower bar than actually going after what you want as a progressive.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-27 at 12:40 AM.

they can stomp their feet but if they have any reason in them they will suck it up and vote for her. I have no intention of voting for her, I live in a state that is going to go to her regardless where I cast my vote. but people in swing states better get their heads out of their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol she's up double digits before Bernie even publicly throws his weight behind her.
    The pollsters are overestimating Democrat turnout for Crooked Hillary. Only the biggest fool in the universe could actually vote for her.