15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh, that was a brief visit in the real world for you. Hope you enjoyed it, see you next year?

You can always leave, that's what Article 50 is there for. The EU isn't preventing you from doing so, in fact right now the EU is pressuring you to follow the referendum sooner rather than later.

And yet you manage to twist it into "the EU being like NK, because you can never leave."

What gives?
    See you have to understand despite the pound being in free fall and companies starting to leave the UK the EU are trying to save themselves by pressuring the UK.

Bad EU, Bad EU!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Don't. Only like 30% of young voters actually voted. Next time less Facebook more real life?
    There is a reason I said voters (!). :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That quote says "Until Britain actually sends article 50 call, we aren't going to do any talks".

...and Britain cannot send this call until they vote on it by parliament, so they have all time in the world...
    They don't unless markets are irrelevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Every market will be sinking. Crash has been long coming, big money are betting on downside movements, and Brexit is quite convenient scapegoat for it.

And pound correction is also not entirely bad thing (and has been long coming too).
    Self-inflicted wounds are always a bad thing.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2016-06-27 at 11:26 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There are all kinds of provisions with the Lords, even the Monarchy, to step in and stop the madness if the commons goes crazy. It's been a few hundred years since anything like that has had to be invoked though, but the laws exist.
    Rubbish. Neither the Monarch nor the House of Lords can overrule the House of Commons.

The last time that was tried, the House of Lords was abolished, and the Monarch had his head cut off.

The restoration of the Monarchy only happened because the House of Commons wanted and allowed it to happen, and it happened on Parliaments terms. You may want to look up the Bill of Rights 1689, and the various Parliament acts that severely limit the powers of the crown and House of Lords. There is a reason the UK is referred to as a crowned republic.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    See you have to understand despite the pound being in free fall and companies starting to leave the UK the EU are trying to save themselves by pressuring the UK.

Bad EU, Bad EU!
    The Euro's in trouble against the dollar too, I would expect it's more self preservation by the EU than an attack on the UK.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can always leave, that's what Article 50 is there for.
    And yet you manage to twist it into "the EU being like NK, because you can never leave."
    What a terribly bad piece of legislation though in that the populace instruct their politicians to invoke it, the politicians run for the hills, and the EU can't kick us out.

Give me some hope, restore my faith in democracy that there is a chance the EU can amend it and remove us instead, and are indeed not in fact the same as NK.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    I absolutely cannot imagine them sitting this out till November.

Things will surely look better by the end of July/August, but the damage of friday, today, the day after and the next weeks is unforeseeable. How long will the recovery from that take ?

Deleted
    I meant the southern countries. Remember how little the Lira was worth?
    That was a precise strategy, devalue the currency to increase exports and create internal demand, while at the same time stifling import due to the high exchanga rate.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What a terribly bad piece of legislation though in that the populace instruct their politicians to invoke it, the politicians run for the hills, and the EU can't kick us out.

Give me some hope, restore my faith in democracy that there is a chance the EU can amend it and remove us instead, and are indeed not in fact the same as NK.
    The EU can't do that, really. And despite the current pressure, the EU has no interest in kicking the UK out. Which part of "Britain, don't leave us!" did you not understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    That was a precise strategy, devalue the currency to increase exports and create internal demand, while at the same time stifling import due to the high exchanga rate.
    Worked out bloody well for the Italians, didn't it?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The Euro's in trouble against the dollar too, I would expect it's more self preservation by the EU than an attack on the UK.
    That´s not entirely bad since the EU are a major export partner to the US. Of course it´s a two fold since the EU also imports quite the amount.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    The EU can't do that, really. And despite the current pressure, the EU has no interest in kicking the UK out. Which part of "Britain, don't leave us!" did you not understand?
    So the British people vote to leave and the EU says no you are not leaving. Sounds like a dictatorship. Everything the Brexit side said is true.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    So the British people vote to leave and the EU says no you are not leaving. Sounds like a dictatorship. Everything the Brexit side said is true.
    No, the EU isn´t saying that, the EU is not making you do anything, it leaves everything up to you. How is that a dictatorship?

Still backwards, the Uk says it is not leaving at the moment and keeps it sweet time before triggering the article, this is entirely on your politicians, the UK has to move. If you want to blame someone blame your political elite.

Now you're just being pathetic. Come on, you can do better shit stirring than that. Put some effort into it!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

So half of UK celebrates leaving EU, but apparently nobody in UK knows what or how or under what conditions to do it. Well done UK, well done.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    So half of UK celebrates leaving EU, but apparently nobody in UK knows what or how or under what conditions to do it. Well done UK, well done.
    I think this is just part of the infamous British humour. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Scotland wanting another referendum but wants to stay as a EU member. I thought they wanted independence? *confused*
    Staying in the EU is more important to them.

Deleted
    I think this is just part of the infamous British humour. :P
    Humor has been transfered due to lack of demand and rise of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Not quite. Major businesses moving out of the UK and moving into the EU will be a short term pain for both, but a longterm gain for the rest of the EU, (and longterm heavily negative for the UK) and that is what is happening right now.
    Let me paint contrarian long-term picture:
    London City will suffer as result of pound correction due to their reliance on financial institutions, country outside of London will prosper (and they are the ones who mostly voted Leave - so they voted for their self-interest).

Long-term costs of labour in UK will drop as results of pound drop, thus local manufacturing jobs can return. Oversized financial sector will shrink and there will be exodus of millionaires (and no new ones) with prices of homes finally dropping to affordable levels driving domestic demand for new housing.

Pound will be down and it will stay down - and that's a good thing. UK trade deficit with EU (which was steadily rising) will finally improve as their imports drop as result of everything European becoming less affordable - which again will drive domestic production.

In turn, that drop of exports for EU will drive it toward recession as there are no alternative markets available to them.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2016-06-27 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    er, yes. youre going to have to wait until WERE ready to tell YOU what when we are going to go.
    its not your decision, its OURS. now run along & be patient, theres a good little european.
    Really desperate for attention are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    But i thought you wanted to leave this tyrannical evil cult?
    Or is it so that you don't actually want to leave, because none of you have any plans for how a post brexit solution would look?
    No, they just want the attention.