Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    I think most rational people would put the protection of their heritage, the protection of their borders, and the protection of their country ahead of any economic gains.

Britain is a great empire. They excel in invention, philosophy, industry, music, and many other areas. They will be fine.

The road they were on, being pushed to accept a racial and cultural homogenized society was destructive to the native British people.

I salute and commend them.
    I don't think you understand what the UK or the EU actually are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Exactly. That's like saying the house of Lords is elected because they're chosen by the PM
    If you're going that way, the PM isn't technically elected either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Exactly. That's like saying the house of Lords is elected because they're chosen by the PM
    No, it's more like the Prime Minister electing Cabinet members. You don't get to decide who becomes Justice Minister or Chancellor.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We're probably safer from the terrorists in Scotland. I mean, look what happened to the last one.

"I kicked a burning terrorist in the bollocks and broke my ankle."
    Billy Connolly's take on it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    We're seriously considering moving up there. Been looking at jobs since Friday. Kinda odd when half my family moved in the other direction 50 odd years ago.
    The difference in housing prices might blow you away. Buzzfeed has been doing a series of comparisons between London and Scotland (unfair I know since London is so overpriced but hey);
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/hilarywardl...2L7#.sx9N7dZmz
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/hilarywardl...mLd#.jkP6kvZ3j
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/beckybarnic...l7Q#.gvKlw5XDg
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/floperry/lo...ADz#.dmWdmPV0g
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-06-27 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't think you understand what the UK or the EU actually are.

- - - Updated - - -
    On the contrary. The EU was a bureaucratic hegemony slowly corrupting the cultural society of the native British people and their way of life by forcing onto them any number of restrictions and obligations they didn't want.

They can certainly trade and co-exist with other countries, but being ruled by bureaucrats, people they don't even know or vote for is not something they were willing to put up with anymore.

They should be commended for their courage for telling the globalists and the regressive cultural marxists that their country, heritage and future wasn't for sell to the elite.

On the contrary. The EU was a bureaucratic hegemony slowly corrupting the cultural society of the native British people and their way of life by forcing onto them any number of restrictions and obligations they didn't want.

They can certainly trade and co-exist with other countries, but being ruled by bureaucrats, people they don't even know or vote for is not something they were willing to put up with anymore.

They should be commended for their courage for telling the globalists and the regressive cultural marxists that their country, heritage and future wasn't for sell to the elite.
    You sure know how to sugar-coat a combination of washed up phrases, lies and hot air.

Agreed.

Culture is a powerful thing.

I wanted to vote against large sums of money being given to an un-elected group sitting above an elected government. I also wanted to vote against foreigners coming over and being given handouts and large houses.

But then I realised it wasn't a referendum about getting rid of the monarchy.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If you're going that way, the PM isn't technically elected either.
    lol

OT: Nationalism can be great but dangerous as well in my eye's. the EU isn't perfect by a long shot and certain things should be changed. But leaving the EU feels like going backwards to me. I sure hope Holland never does a crazy thing like that.

Well, that's about the only positive thing about the Brexit for me. I hope it sparks the EU to make some changes
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I wanted to vote against large sums of money being given to an un-elected group sitting above an elected government. I also wanted to vote against foreigners coming over and being given handouts and large houses.

You sir, have just won the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuok View Post
    Agreed.

Culture is a powerful thing.
    Not as powerful as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You sure know how to sugar-coat a combination of washed up phrases, lies and hot air.
    Not lies though.

They were doing it to protect the cultural heritage of the native British population. This is a great thing.

Sorry if your rainbow coalition was rejected.

Your post would make a lot more sense if the EU had actually corrupted the cultural society of the native British people, who by the way really had no interest in European politics at all as we now realise, into anything. Let alone against their will, since the British Government pretty much agreed to all of the legislation put into place. Again, you're blaming the EU for something your own national Government is responsible for.

And judging by the tone of your post, you don't even know who's representing you in the UK parliament at any given time, except when you now look it up because I'm calling you out for it.

And the last bit... what "elite"? Who's selling something? You got the best deal out of all European countries, it's a bargain no country will ever get again. If anything, the EU has sold core advantages to Britain's snobism. It's cute that you use terms like globalists (as if plebs like you understood that Britain really is the globalist in the EU, not the other way around) or marxists when clearly you have no idea what they mean.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not lies though.

They were doing it to protect the cultural heritage of the native British population.
    Native English population, you mean.

Deleted

Is...is this a movie synopsis ? I liked the infantilization of Brits.

Not lies though.

They were doing it to protect the cultural heritage of the native British population. This is a great thing.

It's actual bullshit. Your post that is. From front to back, not one bit of it is actually factually correct or heck, even uses appropriate terminology. You should be ashamed of such a post.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Not lies though.

How often do you need to get told about how wrong you are about the unelected part? In other words: How dense are you? Or are you going to criticize the EU on the same point you just celebrated the British for?

Deleted
    Not lies though.

Jacket potato and fish and chips or what?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

+ 1 for you !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Jacket potato and fish and chips or what?
    The potato is a filthy immigrant!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    The potato is a filthy immigrant!
    I've got some news for you about kebabs, mate....

I think you've confused the EU with the Anglo-Saxon invasions of the 7th century and the mechanisms of the EU with an anti-Semitic, anti-communist conspiracy theory that was recently revamped on 4-Chan and other alt-right sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Not lies though.

What threat was there to our cultural heritage, considering the EU were far more likely to fund those sorts of things than a Tory government during an economic downturn? Also the closest we've had to a rainbow coalition was the Con-Dem cluster fuck we had a while ago, is that what you're referring to?