Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thats very good we will see a drop of the price of tokens in the next few months and it will be quite steep.

Potion of luck change doesnt actually affect that much however it is a good way to get some MoP ore (trillium) which helped the creation of sky golems. Personally I have stocked around 10 golems in the previous months (1 golem per month) as their price from MoP to WoD doubled and I expect it to rise even more in WoD as there will be returning players and less golem producers.

Won't be a problem either way if you just spend some time in your farm in 4 winds.

Yea, at 90k atm, I have a sold several!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    If they lower the gold it gives you an excuse to go back do quests remake buildings etc. At best they want garrisons to be an HS point of the old world. Either way its no big deal to invest 10k to remake garrison buildings if u so wish
    I'm sorry, i don't understand your argument. If i already have a garrison built to generate gold, come Legion all i will be generating is Garrison Resources. Why should i go back and change my buildings? Also, since this will be previous expansion content, why shouldn't it be cheaper to do it, if i wish so?

You don't have to believe me, but i won't be bothered to return to my 20 garrisons every day when Legion launches. There will be no compelling reason to do so. Lastly, i am all for reducing the garrison blueprint/build prices not for me, but for new/returning players who will be disadvantaged in building a garrison during Legion, because they will spend their levelling rewarded gold in a feature that will not return some of it (at least in a significant amount and without effort, like it did for all us WoD players). For those people, 10k gold MAY BE a big deal. Why would those players do it? Achievements, Toys, Mounts. All integrated to the Garrison game.

The entire point of stripping the garrisons is so you're not compelled to go back for any reason. Also people need to stop acting like gold is somehow going to be at a premium in Legion and suddenly for returning players doing garrison achievements down the road is some insurmountable feat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    That sucks. Making a ton of gold from my garrison atm. Doing it for as long as I can. Honestly though, I am really burned out doing it so many toons each day.
    Me too. Glad it's gonna end.

Also sick to death of trapping for the barn. I have come to truly hate it.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    The entire point of stripping the garrisons is so you're not compelled to go back for any reason. Also people need to stop acting like gold is somehow going to be at a premium in Legion and suddenly for returning players doing garrison achievements down the road is some insurmountable feat.
    It is still unfair for people who weren't there for WoD. The prices to build a garrison were determined by its ability to return the gold invested, as gold was considered a "currency", apart and beside of its monetary value. You nerf the returns, you should nerf the cost as well. The amount it actually costs is irrelevant. I couldn't care less for the garrison building prices (and i even haven't included the shityard in there). Shame you can't see the unfair advantage we got by playing WoD against new/returning players (but hey, Ion cares about the unfair advantage of max camera distance, game is on the right track ohhhh yes).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Me too. Glad it's gonna end.

Also sick to death of trapping for the barn. I have come to truly hate it.
    Glad to see you back, @goblingirl. I stopped doing my barns for weeks, just cycling the garrisons and raiding is eating my game playing time hard. Stocking from the trading post for my tailor/lw needs and bloods i just buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    knew they were gonna nerf cata raids. makes me sad.
    It's ~14% reduced gold per run. It's really not THAT significant. Instead of making 7500g, you'll make ~6500g and you can start adding 25 MoP raids in to your rotation, increasing your income by a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It is still unfair for people who weren't there for WoD. The prices to build a garrison were determined by its ability to return the gold invested, as gold was considered a "currency", apart and beside of its monetary value. You nerf the returns, you should nerf the cost as well. The amount it actually costs is irrelevant. I couldn't care less for the garrison building prices (and i even haven't included the shityard in there). Shame you can't see the unfair advantage we got by playing WoD against new/returning players (but hey, Ion cares about the unfair advantage of max camera distance, game is on the right track ohhhh yes).
    So what? I missed the plagued/black proto drakes during Wrath because I didn't buy the expansion till months later. I was a filthy casual in vanilla and never got to get Scarab Lord and I'm not complaining they should be brought back because I missed it. You chose to not play and missed the gold train when you could play what equated to a facebook game for 2 hours a week to pay for a month subscription. Life isn't fair. Suck it up.

Also that last cute little jab is a fantastic reason that literally no one should value your opinion in any way shape or form.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why are you comparing group coordinated achievements to garrison building costs, or if you like, removed achievements and their reward with the cost of of still in-game achievements and the source of MANY mounts toys and achievement points is beyond me. Your logic comparing gold to shit is a fantastic reason that literally no one should value your opinion in any way shape or form.

So, do we need to open salvage yard boxes before the patch? If I start today, I doubt I will finish before the pre-patch :\

10+ Year Old Account
    people act like its the first time gold drops gettin nerfed from old raids

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    So, do we need to open salvage yard boxes before the patch? If I start today, I doubt I will finish before the pre-patch :\
    no, old crates stay old crates, but follow upgrades will sell for 1c instead of 5g you still get your greenies and other shit tho
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    people act like its the first time gold drops gettin nerfed from old raids

no, old crates stay old crates, but follow upgrades will sell for 1c instead of 5g you still get your greenies and other shit tho
    Yeah, didn't think about that. Might open them and just keep mailing the greens back and fourth among alts. You get 60 days before it deletes? Should be plenty of time for prepatch to drop.

It's 30 days before it bounces back to the original owner so you can basically have it sit now, 30 days will tick over and it will come back to the original toon so if the release is indeed the 19th you'll be fine.

I'm not advocating the garrison should re-drop gold. But the gold building cost should be lowered to reflect the change. No need to pay full price for previous expansion content, right?
    Majority of things from old expansions never drop in gold cost. There's no reason to. Your only reasons to do it are collecting/achievements - and those often cost more than 30k from old content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gold has been used as an "in-game currency" in WoD, like valor, honor etc. They specifically said so before WoD launched. Everything that had such currency price has always had it's price tag reduced.

It was an in-game currency before WoD and will continue to be after. Majority of gold tag items never had their price reduced.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    There's a few reasons to go back beyond pure profit, like bi-weekly gear missions for xmog and savage bloods from farm for the gear upgrades. And I know for sure I'll be doing the invasions achievements and mounts then, because they're a pain in the ass to do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

If prices on items vendor for less, does this mean it's cheaper to xmog?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It was an in-game currency before WoD and will continue to be after. Majority of gold tag items never had their price reduced.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...e-acquisition/

Stop playing dumb.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    we'd rather return to the original universal currency: gold
    You were saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    And I know for sure I'll be doing the invasions achievements and mounts then, because they're a pain in the ass to do now.
    If you think invasion achievements are a pain now, they'll be a lot worse come Legion. Almost everyone will be focusing on new content; with world quests, legendary farming and multiple difficulty tiers of dungeons, content will plentiful enough that very few people, if any, will be turning their heads towards killing mobs out in Draenor to even trigger invasions anytime soon.

I'd highly suggest downloading Premade Group Finder and going to town while plenty of others are doing it as well. I didn't play much this expansion and got the invasion achievements a week ago.