Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    By respecting a referendum result? K then.

If we would have voted for remain I would've accepted the result, not asked for a vote again and again until I got the decision I wanted
    Not really true now is it

If the stay won the Brexit side already said that the ''issue'' wouldn't have been settled unless they won a clear majority and not just a few points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    I will never understand why people underestimate the EU. When it wants to be brutal, it can be VERY brutal as Tsipras found out.
    People confuse bureaucracy with weakness, I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, buddy. The main production plants are in... *surprise* Germany. England's producing transmissions for Ford in Europe and that's it. But hey, good luck pretending the UK got the upper hand.
    Hey, I'm pretending no such thing. I'm just having a bit of fun.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    This does, in fact, seem to be the reality of the situation.
    The sad thing is though that I don't want us to go back to being more accepting of politicians not honouring manifesto pledges. In an ideal world everyone would see that this is a fucking huge mistake with no benefits as they look at it with only the small range of hindsight we have now. If we backtrack on that then it will come back to bite us in the arse forever.

Hopefully, long term, this will also maybe make politicians more contingency based in forming policy when they decide to take a piss in the wind that they think won't result in back splash. How the fuck were those championing "Leave" able to do so without having a "First 100 days" action plan. That is wholly down to the public that voted for them that they got away with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    I think your under estimating how deep this result goes.
    No, I think I have the right of it.

Without the great recession there wouldn't have been a Brexit.
    Without the immigrant crisis through Europe there wouldn't have been a Brexit.
    I dare say without the Olympics and Queens Jubilee whipping everyone up into a patriotic fever pitch there wouldn't have been a Brexit.

Saying that the British people were duped by a hand full of politicians is giving those politicians too much credit. This sentiment has be building for a long, long time.
    And again, you lot failed to elect a government willing to carry it out. If Brexit were a legitimate movement then we would have seen an invocation of Article 50 the moment the 'Leave' vote was finalised. Instead, you have a Parliament filled with politicians who don't support Brexit, and the few who are have made themselves absent because they're afraid to have to face down the EU Commission who has demonstrated itself to have far bigger balls than any member of the British government at present.

So the UK wants access to the markets without having to obey any of the EU laws ? That's not going to happen, what is going to happen is that they are going to have to obey all of the EU laws to access the market, but without having any voting power whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    lol, go away with your US-led mickey mouse rating agencies.
    How many of them have rightfully downgraded the US from AAA to AA+? 1?

Granted, you can worry us if you pull out your numero uno brainslug called Soros and tell us his plans if Brexit finalizes, but not with this.
    You have the rating of the Czech Republic - an almost-impoverished Central European country. Let that sink in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Hopefully, long term, this will also maybe make politicians more contingency based in forming policy when they decide to take a piss in the wind that they think won't result in back splash. How the fuck were those championing "Leave" able to do so without having a "First 100 days" action plan. That is wholly down to the public that voted for them that they got away with this.
    Yeah, it's unreal to me that now that the vote is "Leave," no one really seems to have a plan, except, apparently, to go on vacation to let the shell shock wear off.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    lol, go away with your US-led mickey mouse rating agencies.
    How many of them have rightfully downgraded the US from AAA to AA+? 1?

Granted, you can worry us if you pull out your numero uno brainslug called Soros and tell us his plans if Brexit finalizes, but not with this.
    The big three are:
    S&P -> American
    Moody's -> AMerican
    Fitch Group -> British.

S&P downgraded the UK from AAA to AA, a two notch downgrade, skipping AA+.
    Fitch rates the UK AA+
    Moody's rates the UK Aa1

By contrast the US is:
    S&P->AA+
    Moody's-> Aaa
    Fitch->AAA

Basically the US has one rating below AAA, and the UK has none that are AAA anymore. S&P was the last one.

Those credit ratings are entirely meaningless to the US, owing to dollar supremacy around the world. To the UK, they are moderately/mildly meaningful, but mostly symbolic. But don't think they're worth nothing. Country's below A ratings in these have a genuinely hard to borrowing.

Oh and for the record, the credit rating for the EU from S&P is AA+, one notch above the UK.

Also I love your signature. I hope to provide more in this thread for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I wish Americans would learn this, but alas we have to have our new 'industry' of politics.
    You don´t have the far left in the US though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yet. Give it time, I'm sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    I will never understand why people underestimate the EU. When it wants to be brutal, it can be VERY brutal as Tsipras found out.
    It's how they talk in their circles I guess.

When Angela entered the stage on Friday, she seemed pretty loaded. When she, what she usually never does, mentioned the priority of German economic interests, I was quite surprisd. I like it when she plays nice but does arsehole.
    Last edited by mmoc92b33f154f; 2016-06-27 at 08:02 PM. Reason: I'm watching football, I'm human, now leave me alone

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He said on Twitter I read earlier, he voted to Remain.

I think that's a lie, and one he didn't want to actually put on record as coming out of his mouth so when in a few months time, and when he's a back bencher again, he can come out of the "Brexit closet".
    Any chance you can find the quote? I'm searching his feed but the closest thing I've found is

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Corbyn Twitter
    We're voting Remain because a vote to Leave will hurt the economy and put our NHS at risk #LabourInForBritain
    Fair play it's him implying he was going to vote Remain but I can't find a tweet where he confirms that he did though. Not that it matters, him being a Eurosceptic isn't exactly a secret lol.

For us Bernie Sanders is far left. It's relative. I think in another country, Sanders would even close to being a Corbyn "let's nationalize industries" figure.

And he couldn't even win close to a majority of votes of the center-left party here.

The perks of living in a Center-Right country. At least one bullshit avenue isn't popular enough. It's just the crazy far right bullshit avenue that needs to be smacked down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    People confuse bureaucracy with weakness, I'd say.
    It is both a strength and a weakness, it all depends on how you plan to manipulate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Any chance you can find the quote? I'm searching his feed but the closest thing I've found is

Fair play it's him implying he was going to vote Remain but I can't find a tweet where he confirms that he did though. Not that it matters, him being a Eurosceptic isn't exactly a secret lol.
    That's the quote i'm talking about. But even the wording on that leaves some room for interpretation now that I look at it further.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    We know there are consequences. Everybody knew the economy would suffer short to medium term, this vote was about more than that
    Like what?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And again, you lot failed to elect a government willing to carry it out. If Brexit were a legitimate movement then we would have seen an invocation of Article 50 the moment the 'Leave' vote was finalised. Instead, you have a Parliament filled with politicians who don't support Brexit, and the few who are have made themselves absent because they're afraid to have to face down the EU Commission who has demonstrated itself to have far bigger balls than any member of the British government at present.
    Redistricting in the UK is as messed up and designed to fuck over certain groups as it is in the US. Brexit being a legitimate or illegitimate movement aside, it is a revolutionary movement, in that it is dissatisfied with the status quo and seeks to change it. As such, status quo powers (Labour and Conservative) would necessarily work together to stifle shit like the UKIP or BNP regardless of the popularity of their positions.

Deleted
    Their universities have become a breeding ground for the far left though. Once enough of those brainwashed millenials go into politics they'll be there, with a vengeance.