Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Paul Krugman is a professor of economics and he talks all kinds of complete bullshit.

i thought this was going to be a news story about an economist getting beaten to death with a foam sword or something
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stock markets are bullshit anyway. They're games for the exceedingly wealthy to become even more exceedingly wealthy.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    There's no way individual nation states can survive in today's world. Imagine, for just a second, if South Korea decided to leave the United States. You think they can take care of themselves?
    I'm just going to stop you right there. South Korea is never going to leave the US and I don't want you putting those silly thoughts in anyone's head.

There's no way individual nation states can survive in today's world. Imagine, for just a second, if South Korea decided to leave the United States. You think they can take care of themselves?
    Is this part of the LARP? I missed the briefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I put on my wizard hat and cast magic missile!
    Unless you roll a nat 20 you're in trouble cuz you should have put on your hair pomade and cast buy/sell!-

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Who the fuck cares about economics majors, you want someone who studied finance here, not economics
    Markets are more related to economics. They are obliviously related but economics are more relevant than Finance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Stock markets are bullshit anyway. They're games for the exceedingly wealthy to become even more exceedingly wealthy.
    Define exceedingly wealthy.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    i thought this was going to be a news story about an economist getting beaten to death with a foam sword or something
    That would be so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Define exceedingly wealthy.
    Anyone whose income is largely determined by their stork portfolio's performance, or just generally makes 12+ times the national average /year.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Anyone whose income is largely determined by their stork portfolio's performance, or just generally makes 12+ times the national average /year.
    Well then your original assertion is wrong. As I myself have used the stock market to increase their wealth without meeting those criteria. It is probably the best way to invest your money currently with the way interest rates are right now. Unless you make really bad choices.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

You could do that, though. There are stocks which yield large quantities of their stock price in dividends each year; by simply investing some percentage of your paycheck into said stocks (after giving them a thorough examination, ideally) you could be making a majority of your money per month from stocks in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    You could do that, though. There are stocks which yield large quantities of their stock price in dividends each year; by simply investing some percentage of your paycheck into said stocks (after giving them a thorough examination, ideally) you could be making a majority of your money per month from stocks in a few years.
    Exactly. Don't be mad at the system use it to get ahead.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then your original assertion is wrong. As I myself have used the stock market to increase their wealth without meeting those criteria. It is probably the best way to invest your money currently with the way interest rates are right now. Unless you make really bad choices.
    Anecdotal "I did it, therefore your wrong" argument.

Just, be kind.

Definitely not what you intended, but the wording here is just really hilarious. You've used the stock market to increase their (the rich) wealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Don't be mad at the system use it to get ahead.
    The system is broken and needs to be fixed, encouraging more people to abuse a broken system won't make anything better.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    For More on How Quickly the Britbong Stocks Rebounded see Andrew Neil's twitter (@afneil). A British Newsman.

I thought this was going to actually be about LARPing. I am disappointed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Definitely not what you intended, but the wording here is just really hilarious. You've used the stock market to increase their (the rich) wealth.
    Posting from phone doesn't always do what I want it too.

The intent of the post was me and people I know.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

.... Do you understand how silly you sound?

The system is broken and needs to be fixed, encouraging more people to abuse a broken system won't make anything better.
    What's broken about VB it? You can choose to invest money you have now in companies you believe will have future returns on that investment.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

What's broken about VB it? You can choose to invest money you have now in companies you believe will have future returns on that investment.
    Capitalism is evil etc etc.