Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have never been to Russia. Nobody I know has ever been to Russia. Therefore, I must conclude that Russia does not, infact, exist. Infact, everywhere I have never been does not actually exist.

Boggles my mind how much someone will warp and twist things to try to explain how something that anyone with two functioning braincells to rub together can obviously see is real, is not actually real.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It is not how science work. If it was possible to pull real humans landing and leaving moon in '70s, our current tech would allow something more than low-orbit ISS and highly unreliable automatic stations. Human part of the Moon program was not scientific, it was purely Hollywood show of mad scientist building a rocket in his backyard. The real issues and their solutions appeared only decades later, when the technology allowed real manned space apparatus.
    That's just stupid. Other than being able to shitpost in interwebs from your handy smartphones, our tech isn't advanced from 70s. Technologically-wise we're still at the same point.

Let me guess: you're the person who buys a new iphone which has 40gb internal memory instead of previous 35 because you were promised triple performance increase.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-06-27 at 12:36 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I have never been to Russia. Nobody I know has ever been to Russia. Therefore, I must conclude that Russia does not, infact, exist. Infact, everywhere I have never been does not actually exist.
    You can see what's going in Russia in the realtime, visit it any moment, or just look at it from space (with level of details sufficient to tell car brands apart and see trolley car wires.

With moon, you can see only "creatively interpreted" lo-res photos (and some vintage installations with traces of atmosphere, starless sky and multiple light sources.)

10+ Year Old Account
    How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It is not how science work. If it was possible to pull real humans landing and leaving moon in '70s, our current tech would allow something more than low-orbit ISS and highly unreliable automatic stations. Human part of the Moon program was not scientific, it was purely Hollywood show of mad scientist building a rocket in his backyard. The real issues and their solutions appeared only decades later, when the technology allowed real manned space apparatus.
    Science works on approved budgets. No one will fund a scientific project that offers little to none practical use. Tell me, what do we stand to gain right now by sending humans to the Moon or building a human-settled orbital station around the Moon, now that the space race is long won and the opposing side has crumbled 25 years ago? It is not cheap, at all, and there is nothing it would give us - why would NASA spend an enormous sum from its budget on something useless, when they have thousands other (useful) projects in mind?

The argument "If they could, they would" is one of the weakest attempts to stick to your version despite all evidence. We can do many things; heck, we recently landed a drone on a comet! That was 100 times more useful than sending people on a rock, when a small robot sent instead can get a much better data, while costing 20 times less.

---

And yes, the technology allows us to do much more now, and we do much more. Read about Cassini-Huygens, or Rosetta, for example.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-06-27 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The purpose would be to hide God.
    An all powerful invisible "being" with the capability to create and maintain an entire universe. 100% possible and no need for proof.

A rocket launched into space, visible through your own eyes on the planet you're standing on. You don't even have to leave your house. OMG SHEEPLE STOP BEING LIED TO! THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER UP GOD! IT'S A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY, MAN!

Literally spit out my water.

This thread is a religious nut gold mine.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    An all powerful invisible "being" with the capability to create and maintain an entire universe. 100% possible and no need for proof.

A rocket launched into space, visible through your own eyes on the planet you're standing on. You don't even have to leave your house. OMG SHEEPLE STOP BEING LIED TO! THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER UP GOD! IT'S A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY, MAN!

Literally spit out my water.

This thread is a religious nut gold mine.
    And that is why religious discussions are banned here: there never lead anywhere good.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    10000 pictures, yet people have managed to only post like three.

You literally just have to click the link and then click another link to the flickr account to see all the photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    NASA Got Sick of all that Conspiracy Thing and Released over 10,000 Photos from the Apollo Moon Mission

https://m.thevintagenews.com/2015/10...-moon-mission/

More in link
    They all are fabricated. Prove they are not. See? You can't beat the conspiracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You literally just have to click the link and then click another link to the flickr account to see all the photos.
    Yeah, kinda not the point I was making though.

10+ Year Old Account

I think this guy knows a bit more about what he is talking about, than any of us here.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I appreciate the release, lots of cool photos!

but there is literally nothing you can ever do to convince a conspiracy nut that their opinion is false. It's on the level of proving God doesn't exist to a devote believer.
    It's kind of hard to prove that a supernatural "God" doesn't exist with scientific evidence. Because it's not possible, because a supernatural being is not bound to the laws of nature. Stop trying to bait religious arguments in a thread that is bound to have conspiracy theorists already.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    It's kind of hard to prove that a supernatural "God" doesn't exist with scientific evidence. Because it's not possible, because a supernatural being is not bound to the laws of nature. Stop trying to bait religious arguments in a thread that is bound to have conspiracy theorists already.
    it's not baiting. What you said is actually exactly my point. Short of taking them to the moon personally (and even then...) there's nothing you can do. Every bit of "proof" is "fake" or "photoshoped." I feel like arguments over God go much the same way on both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    it's not baiting. What you said is actually exactly my point. Short of taking them to the moon personally (and even then...) there's nothing you can do. Every bit of "proof" is "fake" or "photoshoped." I feel like arguments over God go much the same way on both sides.
    That's what I've always wondered myself: if, in theory, anything we see, hear, etc. can be faked, then can we be 100% sure in anything at all? The short answer is "No", but this answer doesn't give us much in terms of practice, it essentially says, "Give up trying to understand anything, since you can't".

The long answer is, "If we have a theory and what we see around us consistently matches that theory perfectly, then this theory is likely to be, at least, partially correct". Moon landings match our theoretical predictions very-very well, and there is overwhelming amount of evidence that it has been done: there are many people still alive who actually participated in those programs. While all those conspiracy theories - what does match them? Between a theory that explains everything we know perfectly, and a theory that just says, "It is all faked, because I said so" - which one would be preferable to choose?

I feel like this is relevant. Mainly the point that, if you're going for a scientific approach, you should try to disprove your own claims, and genuinely be willing to be wrong and move on. That meant for me, invsetigating the flat earth and other conspiracy sites that Hammerfest linked (which were laughable and easily dismissed, such as the Bedford Level Experiment only benefitting his point when it was done in terrible, foggy conditions) and for Hammerfest it'd mean renting that darn telescope already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

I think this guy knows a bit more about what he is talking about, than any of us here.
    Wow, this Michio Kaku fella provides some of the weakest rebuttals I've heard in the last year. The flag wasn't tin foil... that's what the lunar lander was made out of. Earthshine? There was no Earth visible in any of the original Apollo pics put out in the 1970s. It wasn't until the 1990s that we started seeing images (allegedly taken back in the early 70s) that featured an Earth in them (albeit a fake Earth). The suits the Apollo astronauts wore were science fiction and look like bad Hollywood costumes. It's ridiculous. This Michio Kaku thinks you're all stupid. He pats himself on the back for reinforcing the hoax for you gullible sheep.

Here's the first episode in Mark Sargent's Flat Earth Clues series, "The Empty Theater."

See? And people were saying that I shouldn't lump flat earthers in with the moon hoaxers. They're natural bedfellows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    See? And people were saying that I shouldn't lump flat earthers in with the moon hoaxers. They're natural bedfellows.
    Well, you shouldn't automatically. But yeah, Flat Earthers are usually Moon Landing Deniers while Moon Landing Deniers don't necessarily have to be Flat Earthers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Wow, this Michio Kaku fella provides some of the weakest rebuttals I've heard in the last year. The flag wasn't tin foil... that's what the lunar lander was made out of. Earthshine? There was no Earth visible in any of the original Apollo pics put out in the 1970s. It wasn't until the 1990s that we started seeing images (allegedly taken back in the early 70s) that featured an Earth in them (albeit a fake Earth). The suits the Apollo astronauts wore were science fiction and look like bad Hollywood costumes. It's ridiculous. This Michio Kaku thinks you're all stupid. He pats himself on the back for reinforcing the hoax for you gullible sheep.

Here's the first episode in Mark Sargent's Flat Earth Clues series, "The Empty Theater."

[video=youtube;lFYaT-U82JY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFYaT-U82JY[video]
    Scientist world: thousands of peer reviewed publications on the subject, hundreds years of theory development, many dozens years of technology development, hundreds independent companies working on parts for rockets, spaceships, etc. A lot of photo, video and raw data.

Hammerfest: "I didn't see Earth on the pictures, and the suits looked funny. It is all a scam to hide the God, you gullible sheep".

Classic MMO Champ!