10+ Year Old Account
    Liam Cunningham knocked it out of the park this season. His confrontation with melisandre was so good. Overall it was a good season and a good finale but I felt the finale was missing white walkers and would have liked to have seen more tormund leering at brienne . Something about it is so fucking funny. The actor who plays tormund has just the right big goofy smile when he looks at her.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-06-27 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Liam Cunningham knocked it out of the park this season. His confrontation with melisandre was so good.
    Aye, that was some good acting on his part. I noticed that he seemed a lot more energetic since then, like when he started shouting "King of the North!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'd kinda hope that 99% of the viewers can remember the event that kicked off Robert's Rebellion (the kidnapping and "rape" of Lyanna Stark by Rhaegar Targaryen.) I mean, it's some of the most important backstory to the show.

Rape in quotation marks because some say it was rape, others do not.
    Sadly my friend that watches the show said "Are we non readers supposed to guess who the father is?" you should have seen my face.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ill give you that it possibly could have something to do with her name and the connection to jon snow because that was a theme of the episode. They basically just had to set up the plot where Jon was declared King of the North instead of Sansa which complicates things particularly with littlefinger so it could have been anyone. I'm starting to sound like that nutter gamon that goes on about female agenda on the show, but it does seem a little heavy now with the amount of "strong" woman on the show.
    I strongly believe her name played at least some part in choosing her to give the speech, but there are definitely other reasons.

Despite winning the battle and retaking Winterfell, it was obvious Starks still lacked full support of the lords, evident from the fact they didn't offer apologies until after being told off.
    And these are northmen, the people who declared for Robb because they didn't want 'some southron lords ruling over what is theirs'. If it was Davos giving the pep talk, he'd likely get ignored. It had to be one of their own, and it had to be done in northern style, no small-talks, fancies and flattery but a straight and honest approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Aye, that was some good acting on his part. I noticed that he seemed a lot more energetic since then, like when he started shouting "King of the North!"
    That coming from Davos when in last episode he said Jon might be the man for the job because he's not a king xD

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Sadly my friend that watches the show said "Are we non readers supposed to guess who the father is?" you should have seen my face.
    My cousin who never read the books had the same question, if it helps
    Last edited by Belial-sama; 2016-06-27 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I must have totally read that scene differently than everyone. To me, it seems like Sansa really does support Jon. She's outright rebuked LF, if she was going to play him, she would have led him on a little in the Godswood. That scene where they exchanged glances, to me, indicated that they both recognized they were set against each other now, and they both recognized each other as dangerous.

While everyone is cheering, Sansa is looking at LF and thinking, "Oh fuck, now I have to take care of this asshole," while LF is thinking, "Oh fuck, I have to somehow manipulate this my way while she holds sway over both Jon and Sweetrobin." LF is on the back foot, especially since in their previous scene he basically put all his eggs in one basket, saying that they would rather follow a trueborn Stark lady than a bastard boy born in the South, and that totally backfired on him. He's misread the North.
    This is how I felt about Sansa. She wasn't conniving against Jon, I think she genuinely wants him to lead. I think she was thinking about Littlefinger and how she doesn't trust him and he is going to do something to try and help himself.

Also, in the previews before last nights GoT they talk about Rhaegar raping Lyanna, etc. I think it's pretty clear who the daddy is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most tragic death of the episode was Cersei's. I don't care if she's sitting on the Iron Throne, with people proclaiming her Queen (without any enthusiasm). Cersei has lost all her humanity this episode. She's dead.

As for Jamie, he will probably get a marriage proposal from Cersei. Who could stop them now? The family? The Faith? Both are gone. But he will refuse.

In the North, LF painted himself in a corner. Not only Sansa refused him, but was I imagining things or did even the Knights of the Vale proclaimed Jon the King in the North?

I loved to see Walder Frey get the Titus Andronicus treatment from Arya. I wonder what degenerate son will take his place now... I also wonder where Arya will go. I hope she will cross Sandor Clegane's path. Might be an interesting reunion...

This episode was superb to watch. The music was great, especially the piano in King's Landing and the following build up. The sets and effects were great too. Probably one of the most spectacular explosions I've seen on TV. I really like the first glimpse we got of Oldtown, the Citadel and its gargantuan library. But it was sooooooooo long to get there...

Oh, I forgot: I'm also glad that we haven't seen the last of the Queen of Thorns! "Shut up, Bad Pussy!"
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I don't read the books, but thanks for letting me know ! I didn't imply she would give up her throne... My idea was : she gets the iron throne while he gets to still reign on the north.
    Still a happy ending, which isn't really what Martin goes for. And I really hope he doesn't.
    Dany wouldn't even survive the WW if it was up to me, and I admit I will be guted if she has a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post

I also found myself wondering, because no reference was made to it, if Olenna's meeting in Dorne pre- or post-dated the deaths of her family in KL. They made absolutely no reference to Cersei killing all of them. But, she was wearing black, which she hasn't normally worn before, so one might think she's in mourning. I found myself wishing Olenna had even just been given a quick sentence "Cersei killed my grandchildren" or something, because it's super distracting to not know when things are happening, sometimes.
    Ummm, Oleanna said in that scene, "She [Cersei] killed my son, my grandson, my granddaughter." They know. Which is, again, part of the time jumps, they've obviously had time to get the news, and for the Sand Snakes to extend an invitation to the remaining member of the Tyrell house, a house they're traditionally at odds with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still a happy ending, which isn't really what Martin goes for. And I really hope he doesn't.
    Dany wouldn't even survive the WW if it was up to me, and I admit I will be guted if she has a happy ending.
    As I have been saying all along - could turn this into an epic Zombie apocalypse story. The white walkers win in the end. That would be a massive Martin troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    You're totally right, i went to see that scene again a few times (I did it for Lyanna Mormont tho xD) and it's definitely LF that makes Sansa uneasy, not Jon being chosen over her.

First time I saw the scene I assumed she and LF made eye-contact, something like 'told you so' which threw me in the 'Sansa may betray/play Jon' direction, but now it seems he's just looking in Jon's general direction, and with an obvious displeasure. Given that Sansa now knows his ambition and how he operates, she'd definitely take notice of his stance on the situation.
    The weird thing is, people are saying D&D said in one of the after-episode BTS bits that they're stoking the flames of a Sansa/Jon tension. I haven't seen these things yet, but I think D&D are probably just exaggerating as usual, and I hate it when showrunners say things like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    To be honest, I don't know if the show ever really explained that or not. And if they did, it was in passing way back in season 1 when it didn't seem to matter and thus was largely forgotten.

I mean, I knew all along because I read a lot of backstory material just for shits and giggles. I don't know that a "pure show-watcher" ever really had it explained very well.
    Season 1.
    Season 5 (so not that old) Littlefinger and Sansa talk about the "rape" of Lyanna by Rhaegar.
    Season 6 episode 10 "Previously on Got..."

People just don't pay attention if you don't spoonfeed stuff to them
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-06-27 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I suppose it's possible. You'd think with the dragons they have a pretty big advantage though.

- - - Updated - - -

Her mourning for whom? She was dressed in black from the first scene and I don't think she was all that worried about mourning anyone she killed. Maybe if she'd put it on after Tommen died, but that's not what happened.
    She's talking about Oleanna in her Dorne scene.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    As I have been saying all along - could turn this into an epic Zombie apocalypse story. The white walkers win in the end. That would be a massive Martin troll.
    Well maybe not a full apocalypse, but a shitload of dead, Westeros half fucked up. Jon dying while killing the Night's King, and nothing to rule over anymore.
    Oh and Dany dying plz plz plz GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    To be honest, I don't know if the show ever really explained that or not. And if they did, it was in passing way back in season 1 when it didn't seem to matter and thus was largely forgotten.

I mean, I knew all along because I read a lot of backstory material just for shits and giggles. I don't know that a "pure show-watcher" ever really had it explained very well.
    What? LF and Sansa discussed R+L last season and the finale's catch-up had that discussion in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Nah.

Jon will either kill the Night's King and die or he replaces him. His end will be bittersweet.

Daenerys will likely return to Essos.

I see Tyrion ruling Westeros. Maybe have Jaime as Hand. I'm sure they'll meet again at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The weird thing is, people are saying D&D said in one of the after-episode BTS bits that they're stoking the flames of a Sansa/Jon tension. I haven't seen these things yet, but I think D&D are probably just exaggerating as usual, and I hate it when showrunners say things like that.
    Wasn't that in regards to ep9? I really wanna see that vid now, gonna look for it now.

It would be quite the shoe-horning tho, given Jon and Sansa's interactions in the finale and her rejecting LF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'd kinda hope that 99% of the viewers can remember the event that kicked off Robert's Rebellion (the kidnapping and "rape" of Lyanna Stark by Rhaegar Targaryen.) I mean, it's some of the most important backstory to the show.

Rape in quotation marks because some say it was rape, others do not.
    You'd be surprised. My friends who only watches the show has problem naming 10 characters. There's no chance in hell the majority has a clue to who Rhaegar even is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Maybe Cersei wanted to especially punish Lancel since Lancel is the one who told the Sparrow about her sins in the first place since he betrayed her trust?
    Unlikely. It was relying on Lancel being inattentive enough that a kid could run up and knife him, not killing him but leaving him unable to move faster than crawling. Either that was incredibly stupid and risky or that kid is the grand maester of human anatomy and sharp tools.

Not saying it was unlikely in DnD's minds, and that might be what they had in mind, but it's unlikely as in Cersei being stupid enough to gamble her whole situation on that all working out as smoothly as it did.

I forgot, the library in Oldtown looked amazing. Was still disappointing to see Sam go there with the sword, especially since Randyll knows about it :/
    Oh yeah, that was absolutely breathtaking. I wanted to live there. Really happy they put so much effort into it and didn't forego it in favor of just more fights and bassass oneliners.

Again, I think most book readers/forum debaters really overestimate how much the average viewer knows about the events in Westeros that aren't explicitly shown on screen. Assuming people pay attention to events and names that are just talked about in a show wish this many characters is overestimating them a bit.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Where the fuck is Ghost? And I sure hope Arya meets up with Nymeria and because some bad-assed wolf-warging assassin!
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Wasn't that in regards to ep9? I really wanna see that vid now, gonna look for it now.

It would be quite the shoe-horning tho, given Jon and Sansa's interactions in the finale and her rejecting LF.
    IDK, I'm just repeating what people said *after* this episode in discussing whether Sansa was going to scheme against Jon.

As for the "Previously on...." thing, I don't think a lot of people saw, and/or connected that. I know it's not on the show when I watch it on HBO on demand. Or, if they saw and were paying attention, have any idea of who Rhaegar is, in terms of the GoT universe. If you asked the average show viewer after this episode, "How are Jon and Dany related and what does that mean for Dany's claim on the Targaryen throne?" I bet most people would say, "Jon and Dany are related?!?!?" even after seeing that Jon isn't a bastard by Ned's sister's son. I had to explain to a friend that Jon is Dany's nephew, that his father was Dany's older brother who died before she was born, at the battle of the Trident. And that Jon's claim to the throne comes before Dany's, because he's the son of the son of Aerys, the last Targ king.

Damn, the first sequence, with Cersei, kids and fire was too amazing. The buildup, the music, everything was just right.

Glad Cersei got to serve them right. She might be cruel and terrible, but seeing her impotent for so many episodes was kind of boring. When she is in her element, and just keeps destroying the fools that think they can fuck with her, she is really in her element. Kind of sad Margaery is gone, I thought many more stories can be told with her. Oh well. Can't say that her surviving would make any sense after that point.

I really wonder where Cersei/Jaime plot will go from here. Jaime has been kind of a bore for a while, and now he will have to make a choice. I kind of hope he chooses to stay with his sister. What else did he expect, leaving her alone in a city full of people she didn't like. Don't look so suprised, Kingslayer.

The only bad thing was probably the "waste your precious 5 minutes here" segment with Sam and Gilly. Yes, you went to a place with books Sam, nice job. Glad you stole a sword in the previous episode. Could you kindly move, so we can see some more dragons and murder?
    Last edited by Okacz; 2016-06-27 at 11:26 PM.