Poll: Staying, rolling Hunter or rerolling something else?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOC StarCo View Post
    I find it fascinating. The hunter forums are so very negative about everything - still, after like an hour of voting, stayers have more than double the numbers than rerollers. The satisfied enjoy in silence, it seems.
    Its more likely that most of the people who abandoned their hunters are already gone and the only ones left are in majority those who will stick to the class.

I pop on here once in awhile to see how the discussion is going but no other current hunters I know actually care anymore. They've all jumped ship long ago.

I will personally be leaving my Hunter for the first time since vanilla. The developers have made their decision to gut the class and provide no feedback as to why. Piss poor design isn't something i have come to expect from them, but it's clear they want to cull the herd of hunters, so I will oblige. Spriest or ele shaman for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowAwayForAReason View Post
    I have watched more game play videos and I even played more Beast Master on the PTR. I have to say that it actually has grown on me. I realized that Beast Master isn't THAT much different from the live version of Beast Master. I feel like if Blizzard gets off their ass and fixes some of the current pet AI issues that are plaguing the PTR and Legion Beta, Beast Master will be okay.
    BM live and BM Legion are not in any way similar unless you think that keeping similar ability names means they arent much different.

Outside of having a pet and a bow, and using kill command , there is no resemblance to live. They play entirely different. The Legion BM is devoid of any sort of skill requirement and you can happily mash buttons on CD, or just use a macro keyboard and fill spare gcds with cooldown or cobra shots if you feel like it.
    Last edited by construkt; 2016-06-27 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Holy fuck..
    The sheer amount of .. I just can't even.
    What the fuck are you even saying.
    a true hunter would understand as clearly as the tracks in the forest show the hunter's prey

Deleted
    Survival may be a drastic shift in archetype but it's far from mechanically poor designed. Yes, it has some irks to it, but it IS fluent in play. Even very postively received reworks like Unholy have their problems, one of which is a playstyle that seems to be superior to the indended one and skips it's core mechanics entirely.

This problem is not unique to hunters.

Deleted
    I'll refill a hunter for the new survival spec. Played a hunter in vanilla this way (troll with a polearm and shaman witchdocter mask). Great fun but by level 45 I had to admit it was not very feasible. Legion will allow me to play the hunter I wanted to play in vanilla!

Quote Originally Posted by MMOC StarCo View Post
    I find it fascinating. The hunter forums are so very negative about everything - still, after like an hour of voting, stayers have more than double the numbers than rerollers. The satisfied enjoy in silence, it seems.
    Possibly. But there are multiple reasons.

1) Drama queens cry loudest. Like you said; if you're content or if you're holding your opinion until you actually get some hands on time; you don't really make a post to state that.

2) There are not that many alternatives similar to hunter playstyle.
    Thing is: Say you really like hunter for it's playstyle and it's specific trademark skills and class fantasy; and hypothetically the class gets removed or becomes unplayable. What would you reroll to? You tend to lose a vital hunter aspect if you reroll away. Be it the pet, be it the mobility, be it the 40y+ range, etc etc.

For me personally I'll keep my hunter close. If I'm not going to main it (*), I'll always keep it as my primary alt.
    I've done it like this in the past a lot and it usually works out.
    (*) Guild often needs me as healer; as it's harder to find a good healer than another good hunter dps.

They missed the mark on BM from the looks of it. I'd have to get some hands on gameplay to really tell, but from the looks of it I hope they'll change some stuff.

MM looks quite ok; IMO the patient sniper talent should have been baseline, it makes much more sense to handle it that way. And biggest gripe is sidewinders being missiles, which is (in my eyes) a bit of a slap in the class fantasy of a marksman archer to be shooting a bunch of missiles all over the place.

SV i'd really have to play. It seems quite cool, but I'm not sure how I feel about losing a ranged dps spec.
    SV and MM needed to have more identity, as currently they're too much alike; but I'm not sure a melee spec is the solution.
    Biggest issue here might be that melee spots are very limited, and I doubt a SV hunter would bring something new or simply fit between all the current melee dps PLUS the upcoming DH class.
    Melee is friggin full; I wish blizzard would have thought of that before adding yet another melee spec.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2016-06-28 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    a true hunter would understand as clearly as the tracks in the forest show the hunter's prey
    You are missing a chromosome, or have one too many. Sorry to hear about your Trisomy.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Im staying with hunter, ive played hunter for so long, rerolling would just seem a waste for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ima let all the math people do their thing. If it turns out SV is the better of the 3 specs for higher end raiding... then goodbye hunter. If not, then ill stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Even though it's not the main, my Hunter is the close second and yeah, I'll definitely stay with it in Legion. Say what you will about Survival but I like the re-design and perfectly fits the theme of a spec that missed one in the first place, for quite some time now.
    I think the new class design is perfect for troll hunters, who (in lore) always used both bows and glaives all along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazezoku View Post
    Ima let all the math people do their thing. If it turns out SV is the better of the 3 specs for higher end raiding... then goodbye hunter. If not, then ill stay.
    Even if the 2nd best is still plenty competitive? What if hunters have more than one viable raiding spec?

And regardless of which is better for T1 raids, you know it will change for T2 and T3.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Even if the 2nd best is still plenty competitive? What if hunters have more than one viable raiding spec?

And regardless of which is better for T1 raids, you know it will change for T2 and T3.
    True, If its like a 1-5% difference in total dps output then meh, but if its something more marginal, like 10%+ or how sv and bm compare to mm now... then nty. Still haven't tried sv on beta yet, but ughhh played hunter since back in bc cause it was a fun ranged (yes I know with some melee skills) class, just dont want it to force me to play a melee dps, when ranged classes are my bread and butter~

Quote Originally Posted by Kazezoku View Post
    True, If its like a 1-5% difference in total dps output then meh, but if its something more marginal, like 10%+ or how sv and bm compare to mm now... then nty. Still haven't tried sv on beta yet, but ughhh played hunter since back in bc cause it was a fun ranged (yes I know with some melee skills) class, just dont want it to force me to play a melee dps, when ranged classes are my bread and butter~
    My hunter is a troll, so I'm excited about having both melee and ranged options available. Switching (once both artifacts are viable) from fight to fight. My dilemma is which to develop first. SV is new and shiny, but recent buffs to BM make it a bit more exciting (Killer Cobra!) and I'm sure there will continue to be more raiding opportunities for ranged than melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I think the new class design is perfect for troll hunters, who (in lore) always used both bows and glaives all along.
    Very true. A troll SV is a specialized headhunter, basically.

Too bad the new design sort of "ban" ranged weapons completely out of the spec, it would have been cool to see bows work along with spears. But again, it would have been quite troublesome gameplay-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Sadly, after hours of beta testing, I have to say I will reroll. I will stay hunter, but add a demon to it. The new Hunter speccs simply don't feel good. I really wanted survival, but it feels so clunky imo. BM is boring as fuck and marksmanship I'm simply done with.

Perhaps there will be changes that entice you to stay a Hunter Laubman, or the artifact will make the specs more fluid. From my understanding, a lot of players have mutual feelings with their classes and specs

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Very true. A troll SV is a specialized headhunter, basically.

Too bad the new design sort of "ban" ranged weapons completely out of the spec, it would have been cool to see bows work along with spears. But again, it would have been quite troublesome gameplay-wise.
    I intend to roleplay it as a matter of equipment, with the change in spec reflecting what he has out. Real life melee combatants would not have wanted the distraction of a bow on their back if they could avoid it, and RL archers would prefer not to have a polearm on their back. In my mind, my hunter knows how to use both. I'll roleplay the time required for changing specs as him gearing for melee or ranged.

Probably rolling a mage. At least with a mage you have a baseline CC for mythic+ dungeons.

What does a hunter bring to a group/raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not decided if i'm going to have a paladin or a gnome hunter as second character. And if i'll be able to sustain two characters at all. SV and MM looks very fun to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I will be a running rogue as main and Hunter/warrior as primary alts. Hunter will mainly do transmog stuff and unlock mail transmogs. I love MM for that. Run with 0 cost multishot is amazing for old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am staying. So many reps and achievement progrssion there.
    Also welcome Greatsword of the Inferno

10+ Year Old Account
    All i am hearing is bad stuff, which makes me sad but i will stick to my hunter its been a long and lovely journey to just quit now.
    I have always played hunter and nothing else even have like 2-3 hunter alts never enjoyed much other chars so if the class is that bad as people say it is maybe its time to part with this game for me.
    Retired