Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That's not how it works. One player can't carry a team to that. It's like saying Giggs was terrible because he did nothing internationally.
    When you're comparing two great players like Neuer and Buffon, of course that what each won will weight. Both won the World Cup, Neuer won CL and Buffon didn't. They are both crucial in their teams, so, for me, the deciding factor is that.

@Djalil, but of course, an Italian as yourself will disagree, but I don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    When you're comparing two great players like Neuer and Buffon, of course that what each won will weight. Both won the World Cup, Neuer won CL and Buffon didn't. They are both crucial in their teams, so, for me, the deciding factor is that.

@Djalil, but of course, an Italian as yourself will disagree, but I don't really care.
    That's up to you. I just don't think it's a fair comparison, given Buffon stuck with Juventus through all the corruption scandals which undoubtedly held him back for years.

Deleted
    Of course it does, you can't claim someone is the best when they haven't won the major club competition.
    Juninho is the best player I've ever seen in the flesh.
    He never won it.

Buffon is an amazing keeper, easily top five in the world right now and over the past 15 years.

- - - Updated - - -

That's up to you. I just don't think it's a fair comparison, given Buffon stuck with Juventus through all the corruption scandals which undoubtedly held him back for years.
    He has to get mad props for this.
    Many a cunt would have jumped ship.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    im talking entertainment wise
    I'm not sure what you mean here either.

The Premier League has been the most entertaining League this season, all you have to do is look at Leicester to know why.....

Nowhere else in Europe, not La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A or Ligue A could anything similar have happened.

People go on and about the Premier League being a title that is "bought", when they are rocking teams like Barca, Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern that have bought there way to the leagues so convincingly, no one else can even get close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Juninho is the best player I've ever seen in the flesh.
    He never won it.

Buffon is an amazing keeper, easily top five in the world right now and over the past 15 years.

- - - Updated - - -

He has to get mad props for this.
    Many a cunt would have jumped ship.
    Juninho was an amazing free kick taker, possibly the best I've ever seen, but hardly one of the best players ever.

Also, you can't really blame someone for jumping shit of a corrupt club. They were convicted of influencing referee nominations, I wouldn't want to play for a team that did that. They will forever be brandished by that scandal, every time Juventus gets a wrong decision by the referee in their favour, they are called corrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Maradona never won CL and he's better than any player winning it and on par only with Messi (altho I think Messi is now the greatest ever).
    I would put Cruijf above Messi, and Cruijf has multiple CL titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Juninho was an amazing free kick taker, possibly the best I've ever seen, but hardly one of the best players ever.

Also, you can't really blame someone for jumping shit of a corrupt club. They were convicted of influencing referee nominations, I wouldn't want to play for a team that did that. They will forever be brandished by that scandal, every time Juventus gets a wrong decision by the referee in their favour, they are called corrupt.
    Many did, but Buffon stuck by his club, who's additional punishment was deemed unjust, and suffered for European silverware as a result. That doesn't make him less good. It means he was screwed over.

Deleted
    Many did, but Buffon stuck by his club, who's additional punishment was deemed unjust, and suffered for European silverware as a result. That doesn't make him less good. It means he was screwed over.
    Sure, he isn't inferior to many many goalkeepers. I believe, however, that he is second to Neuer. Although hard to compare the two playstyles (Germany/Bayern play with advanced lines, compared to Italy/Juventus who tend to play with centre backs close to their box), overall, I think Neuer edges above Buffon.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean here either.

The Premier League has been the most entertaining League this season, all you have to do is look at Leicester to know why.....

Nowhere else in Europe, not La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A or Ligue A could anything similar have happened.

People go on and about the Premier League being a title that is "bought", when they are rocking teams like Barca, Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern that have bought there way to the leagues so convincingly, no one else can even get close.
    Im saying that the premier league is the most entertaining

The problem of England National Team are not the players' skills but attitude and the stuff (including Hodgson of course). Why he let in Rashford so late while Kane performance was soo bad. The same with Vardy - actually he's was the only player (with Rash) who tried to do something. Standard performance of England on the tournament. Weird that Rooney didn't resing as Messi day before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    Im saying that the premier league is the most entertaining
    Ah my bad, completely misread your first post.

Vitor Baia never won an international title, was he a bad keeper?
    Oliver Khan never won an international title, was he a bad keeper?
    Having every title doesn't mean everything. you might be on the right place at the right time.

Deleted
    England got owned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Vitor Baia never won an international title, was he a bad keeper?
    Oliver Khan never won an international title, was he a bad keeper?
    Having every title doesn't mean everything. you might be on the right place at the right time.
    Im not saying that Buffon is a bad keeper, lol. I stated that for me, Neuer is better than him. Being worse than Neuer doesn't mean you're bad, just means you're not the best. And, by the way, both keepers you mentioned won a champions league.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf4b9154f; 2016-06-28 at 03:50 PM.

Im not saying that Buffon is a bad keeper, lol. I stated that for me, Neuer is better than him. Being worse than Neuer doesn't mean you're bad, just means you're not the best. And, by the way, both keepers you mentioned won a champions league.
    I said International, meaning with their country, the Euro or World Cup.
    It's your opinion, sure, still think Buffon is a bigger gk than Neuer. With his age still playing world class matches, will we see Neuer do the same in 10 years?

edit: Del Bosque leaves Spain.
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2016-06-28 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    I said International, meaning with their country, the Euro or World Cup.
    It's your opinion, sure, still think Buffon is a bigger gk than Neuer. With his age still playing world class matches, will we see Neuer do the same in 10 years?
    Kahn won Euro 96

Neuer spawned a new generation of goalkeepers who are supposed to be very good with their feet as well, almost playing like a sweeper when their team is attacking. This way of playing already existed before, but its importance was greatly amplified by how Neuer plays.

Kahn won Euro 96

Neuer spawned a new generation of goalkeepers who are supposed to be very good with their feet as well, almost playing like a sweeper when their team is attacking. This way of playing already existed before, but its importance was greatly amplified by how Neuer plays.
    Fuck. Should've went to wiki to confirm khan.

I survived last night without getting an infraction.

Pretty impressive I think.
    Robert Carlos still holds the record for the worst breakdown though.

That'll take some beating.

Belgium to win it now.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2016-06-28 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kahn won Euro 96
    Fuck. Should've went to wiki to confirm khan.
    Kahn didn't play a single minute of that tourney. He won, but he didn't contribute anything. On the other hand he got the award for being the bes player on the tourney in 2002 WC, even though Germany lost in the final. So he didn't win but it certainly wasn't because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Kahn didn't play a single minute of that tourney. He won, but he didn't contribute anything. On the other hand he got the award for being the bes player on the tourney in 2002 WC, even though Germany lost in the final. So he didn't win but it certainly wasn't because of him.
    2002 I remember it clearly, even watched the final (was rooting for brazil).
    Even if he didn't play a game, he was one of the selected to go to the euro, so that's something... i guess.