Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Worth bearing in mind UKIP have one member of parliament, a tory who switched sides.

Farage has no real support and there is no reason for his existence now brexit is over.
    As long as he has a platform to make racist/nationalistic comments there will be rabble that flocks to him. Unless a bunch of drunken hooligans lynch him in the streets for bullshitting them this won't be the last you've heard from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    But he needs the MEP salary from the EVIL UNDEMOCRATIC EU !!!!!
    Well if EU is so democratic, would you kindly point out where we can vote for the EU President?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack WN View Post
    That's how it works in theory, but realistically all anyone needs to do is say that they need an NI number to apply for jobs (a lot of companies expect you to have one before applying) and once they have that they are able to claim benefits and stay. All anyone needs to do then is turn up to the job centre once every 2 weeks and say they can't find work.

But I do think the majority of immigrants are honest hard working people, just some scum give them a bad name (a bit like the leave campaign). Tbh anyone who voted leave just because of immigrants is an idiot anyway.
    As someone who has dealt with the Job Centre you can't just say "Oh I can't find work." They now have the online pass which you have to go through to prove you're looking for work. Also to get a job since 2006 you need to show that you're either a British citizen or have rights to work here (EU passport/work visa). These days the doll office looks for any slip up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    As long as he has a platform to make racist/nationalistic comments there will be rabble that flocks to him. Unless a bunch of drunken hooligans lynch him in the streets for bullshitting them this won't be the last you've heard from him.
    Where are the Scots when you need them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack WN View Post
    My wife left Poland back in 2004 and she would never go back. The quality of life there is horrible compared to the UK/Ireland. .
    For the first of all, I want to say hello to everyone since this is my first post on this very forum (i've been a lurker for a very long time) So um.. yeah hello. I want to reply to the part of Whiskeyjack post.

I am very glad your wife moved to UK and she found her happines in UK but I must disagree with your opinion about life quality in Poland. I used to live in UK from 2006 to 2008 in Coventry. I worked Tech Data company at warehouse in Lutterworth, done some quality control job and I never had a problem with a proper life quality here at my own country here in Poland. In UK it felt like I am second class citizen just because I am not a native british (or should I say english) and this was the main reason I didn't not extend my contract with Tech Data. So I could say horrors about UK but I won't. Every country have ups and downs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Just take a moment to think about whether you really want to inject truthful information into this debate.

I'm not sure it will be worth the effort, but you are your own person
    Indeed. One of the best comments on the referendum I've seen so far highlighted how we now live in a ‘post-factual society’. That facts and myths can go head-to-head and myths can win.

I think that’s the saddest part of all for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Well if EU is so democratic, would you kindly point out where we can vote for the EU President?
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jones View Post
    For the first of all, I want to say hello to everyone since this is my first post on this very forum (i've been a lurker for a very long time) So um.. yeah hello. I want to reply to the part of Whiskeyjack post.

I am very glad your wife moved to UK and she found her happines in UK but I must disagree with your opinion about life quality in Poland. I used to live in UK from 2006 to 2008 in Coventry. I worked Tech Data company at warehouse in Lutterworth, done some quality control job and I never had a problem with a proper life quality here at my own country here in Poland. In UK it felt like I am second class citizen just because I am not a native british (or should I say english) and this was the main reason I didn't not extend my contract with Tech Data. So I could say horrors about UK but I won't. Every country have ups and downs.
    Coventry is a shit hole though. Got bombed to pieces in one of the wars and has been an utter dump ever since. Coincidentally some of the worst anti immigrant rhetoric I've heard from one of my friends was concerning Coventry and how "they give all the nice houses to immigrants and do nothing for the local people". I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said, I just feel sorry that your slice of the UK was Coventry because the place is shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stepal View Post
    Indeed. One of the best comments on the referendum I've seen so far highlighted how we now live in a ‘post-factual society’. That facts and myths can go head-to-head and myths can win.

I think that’s the saddest part of all for me personally.
    Akala? We reading the same verse methinks? (That or I'm confusing who I read it from but it was almost verbatim what you wrote)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It is not that much of a threat anyway. Those cars will still sell elsewhere even in the unlikely case that the UK does not take them, so it will not be a total loss. It is not that the tariffs would be the problem anyway, no the problem would be that the people in the UK wouldn't be able to afford those cars anymore even without tariffs.
    The major problem with UK is the tariff EU will enforce to THEIR EXPORTS (aka to our imports) thus making their products WAAAAAAY less competitive. (5-10% less)

So to give you and example: Local beer: 1 euro + 20% local tax = 1.2 euro / Import beer from UK: 1 euro + 20% local tax + 10% import tax : 1.3 euro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Which one?
    To be precise, the President of the European Council - Donald Tusk.

When did we have a vote on who becomes one? Because, you know, I can't fucking remember ever voting for him. Infact we didn't get to vote on almost anyone making decicions for EU as a whole yet we have to abide by them.

Must be some new definition of democracy at work here.

If one ever had any powers you might have an argument. But they're all figureheads with less powers than the president of Iran. Anyone with real power you can vote for (MEPs)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    The major problem with UK is the tariff EU will enforce to THEIR EXPORTS (aka to our imports) thus making their products WAAAAAAY less competitive. (5-10% less)

So to give you and example: Local beer: 1 euro + 20% local tax = 1.2 euro / Import beer from UK: 1 euro + 20% local tax + 10% import tax : 1.3 euro
    Why would anyone in the EU import beer from the UK?

Deleted
    I just remembered Poland has its own "Nigel Farage" in EU. J.K, Mikke.... oh goshh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jones View Post

I am a native Brit (of Polish descent). Britain is kind of a shithole. I used to live in Ireland for about a decade, I regret coming back here.

The second it is practical I'm out of here and I imagine any one with any kind of enterprise or ambition will do the same. Apart from the economy, which is visibly worse than the official figures state (yeah a bunch of financiers in London have billions, so what, no one else sees any of it) due to the insane cost of living, it has no culture and no identity due to the vast numbers of clone towns and shops, endless housing, and lack of community.

That is probably one of the most nonsensical rebuttals ever. Very few countries of note actually vote directly for the president. Most have some sort of democratic and representative hybrid system. From what I can gleam even your country does not do that? What are you trying to prove here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    I just remembered Poland has its own "Nigel Farage" in EU. J.K, Mikke.... oh goshh...
    He very popular for young people but no one takes him seriously. In last election his party didn't even reached 5% .

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Why would anyone in the EU import beer from the UK?
    Replace beer with product "X"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Poles tend to be up themselves and (ironically) kind of racist. They have other good compensatory qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If one ever had any powers you might have an argument. But they're all figureheads with less powers than the president of Iran. Anyone with real power you can vote for (MEPs)
    And still they have indirect democratic legitimation.
    What is the democratic legitimation of the Queen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post

Who besides UK people cares about UK beer? Each country has a lot of its own good beer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Poles tend to be up themselves and (ironically) kind of racist. They have other good compensatory qualities.
    That element is present in every country. If people had my world view racism and most other intolerancies would disappear overnight.