Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    That sounds pretty damn racist to me.

On topic this is just sad, while we have real issues in the world people are moaning about this and calling it racist? Just WOW.
    How the fuck does that sound racist? Did you look at the poster? Every white person has clearly defined light hair.

Fools in this thread are saying how can the poster be racist you have to be seeing racism, but saying exactly what the poster shows now is racism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Maybe they aren't trying to be as obvious as you think.
    I would find that hard to believe since this poster looks like some happy poster you'd see in a college with a rainbow of races, trying very hard to show diversity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Themius: Slightly tan with dark hair? Must be latino. They just can't be white.
    When did I ever say that? reallife =/= what i'm talking about with this ad

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The boy in the pool top centre and the girl doing backstroke just beneath him are not white then? They have dark brown hair and skin as pale or paler than all the other people in the picture.

Your argument is not consistent with the picture, so unless you are looking at a totally different picture, then your argument is bollocks.

Edit: Also the girl being pushed is apparently not white, in spite of being one of the palest in the picture.
    All white characters have one of two things or both... light skin, light hair, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Let's see, I do not believe in 1 drop rule
    Did you look at the poster? Every white person has clearly defined light hair.
    Might wanna try a little bit harder at this dude. There are clearly white skinned people with dark/black hair. If you're not blind you'd have to believe in some form of 1 drop rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would find that hard to believe since this poster looks like some happy poster you'd see in a college with a rainbow of races, trying very hard to show diversity.
    Do you have any evidence of what the people who made the poster intended with the hair colours? Seems like you want it to be racist, therefore it is racist, which is a somewhat dubious way of defining racism.

Might wanna try a little bit harder at this dude. There are clearly white skinned people with dark/black hair. If you're not blind you'd have to believe in some form of 1 drop rule.
    Themius's favorite latino actor is Daniel Radcliffe from the Harry Potter series:

Listen mr fantastic, you are trying to conflate what i'm saying with this poster, with what you think i "should" believe based off what I'm saying about marketing.... in short, you're being foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    All white characters have one of two things or both... light skin, light hair, or both.
    Where the fuck are you getting that from? Link the source from the people who created the poster, as at the moment you are pulling it out of your arse.

I have a question for the people who think the guy in the upper right corner is just a white guy with a tan.

If he was drawn a little darker would you think the poster is racist?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Themius's favorite latino actor is Daniel Radcliffe from the Harry Potter series:

If an artist decides to depict every white person in a piece of their art as light skin, or light hair, or with both, and I say "in this artists work this is waht these people look like"

That isn't tantamount to saying in real life every white person fits this!

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post

Rofl. I'm sure he has 1 drop of latin blood so he isn't pure white like Themius needs em.

Where the fuck are you getting that from? Link the source from the people who created the poster, as at the moment you are pulling it out of your arse.
    So then you might as well shut the fuck up since you don't have their quotes either. my stance is just you know realistic, where as yours is a fucking stretch to the moon to justify this stupidity.

ITT: Themius doesn't understand that telling people they are white for having light hair is racist.

I guess black women with naturally straight hair is white.

10+ Year Old Account
    If an artist decides to depict every white person in a piece of their art as light skin, or light hair, or with both...
    Where does the artist say they decided to do that?

Rofl. I'm sure he has 1 drop of latin blood so he isn't pure white like Themius needs em.
    You're saying I have to believe in the 1 drop rule based off what I feel an artist is doing via their representation of people?

All the blacks are quite dark,...... not alll blacks are dark, but in this poster they are. If they were light I would then assume them to be latino; however, that doesn't conflate with irl.

I'd say it's ageist that the ones breaking the rules are mostly children. Please fix lest I'll be triggered af.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    ITT: Themius doesn't understand that telling people they are white for having light hair is racist.

I guess black women with naturally straight hair is white.
    When did I ever tell people they are white for having light hair?

I'm not telling peopel they are white for having light hair, I am saying in the poster they've gone with light hair to show they're white most people have black or brown hair...

ITT: Idiots who want to conflate what one says about a poster, which real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    So then you might as well shut the fuck up since you don't have their quotes either. my stance is just you know realistic, where as yours is a fucking stretch to the moon to justify this stupidity.
    I am saying white people can have dark hair, so claiming that the ones with dark hair are not white is bollocks. Your stance is based on you assuming everyone is as racist as you are.

If an artist decides to depict every white person in a piece of their art as light skin, or light hair, or with both, and I say "in this artists work this is waht these people look like"

That isn't tantamount to saying in real life every white person fits this!
    How do you even know that? The only way you would know that if you asked the artist him/herself, or that you were projecting your own personal bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I actually agree with Kalis for once.
    This is quite scary.

No, I actually agree with Kalis for once. Your stance is self-serving and based on circular reason. It's not an entirely unreasonable conclusion, but you have no business treating it as though it's definitely fact and the only acceptable interpretation.
    Uh huh...so want to go colorism, only black and tan people do bad things while some are good, but all whites light people are absolutely good, and some are cool!

- - - Updated - - -

I am saying white people can have dark hair, so claiming that the ones with dark hair are not white is bollocks. Your stance is based on you assuming everyone is as racist as you are.
    I KNOW WHITE PEOPLE CAN HAVE DARK HAIR MOST PEOPLE HAVE BLACK OR BROWN HAIR PERIOD I NEVER SAID WHITES CAN'T HAVE DARK HAIR IN LIFE We are talking about this poster though, why are you incapable of not conflating the two?

If I wanted to be as foolish as you, well how do we know the people with white skin are actually white? I mean they could be Asians just with dyed hair, or albino blacks! Since they do exist in real life...