Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    You confused me now..You mentioned before you went to walk 30 miles...then he asked how fast you are, not even romans marched so much in a day. Then you pointed out it`s miles, not kilometers, which is actually makes it even more terrible:P And now you explain what is a mile?
    Dude, you need to start reading the posters names. It was Kaira (or however she's spelled) that walked the walk, I talked about Romans and GoblinP and I were talking about which kind of mile she was talking about.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    did you read yet: ITS the EU fault, says yellowpress....never ending story of game: blame the eu

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    well given that if she wasn't keen on independence, she would probably be of the Scottish labor party - Hell, she probably would have been corbyn or milliband...
    Hah imagine an electable Labour party! What madness.

True, True, but if it was what i thought, it would have been 300 kilometers - At which point she needs to be a cyborg
    Keira the Terminator... somehow I don't think that notion fits.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nah, I think it's prudent. When Germany invades you again, you want a well trained army to defend yourself.

IF! I meant, IF Germany invades again... *coughs*
    Silly - Next time they will be on your side!

Nah, I think it's prudent. When Germany invades you again, you want a well trained army to defend yourself.

IF! I meant, IF Germany invades again... *coughs*
    I'm honestly pretty sure that if Germany invades Holland, having an army will make no difference whatsoever. Because Germany would either get instagibbed by the rest of NATO, or it's part of a 3rd world war which will end the world anyway xD

Uhh, stop the panic machine. While Euroscepticism may be high, the German polls clearly indicate that despite all the scepticism, 80% would vote to remain. Bitching about the EU and actually wanting to leave it are two separate things.

And UKIP may have shown just how useless those populistic parties are. This could very well have the reverse effect and bring countries closer together. Especially after the shakedown of the markets. This is just a preview, remember that. This is markets just reacting the the legally not binding referendum. This is markets reacting to just the IDEA that the financial services sector around London could be transferred to mainland EU.
    We live in hope. Need to defeat Le Pen though before we close that door though.

Deleted
    If I recall correctly Portugal crashed before Greece (but after Iceland and Ireland?). I think they still had no idea how bad the crisis was going to be and hoped a little proping up would be enough. I'm fairly certain people were concerned about Portugal but far from panicking. Greece, however, sent everyone into a wild panic. And in that atmosphere, the EU turned to Germany for help and Germany helped in the way they knew best, austerity + money + responsible spending = better economy in 5-10 years. Everyone here in Germany knew that the southern states would suffer short term, but we were convinced, still are, that in the long term, it'll be better for them.

History will prove us right or wrong. Either way, the southern states needed to wake up. Still need to wake up. The EU is not their piggy bank. They'll have to work on a way to sustain themselves.
    The first Greek bailout was in 2010, before the portuguese.

Anyway, as I said before, the portuguese problem wasn't the lack of work, it was the bad banking investments and fast earnings the elites expected from those investments, the same as in the rest of the world. With 2008, all of that crashed on a small country with a services and tourism economy.

Deleted
    Dude, you need to start reading the posters names. It was Kaira (or however she's spelled) that walked the walk, I talked about Romans and GoblinP and I were talking about which kind of mile she was talking about.
    Point taken, mea culpa :P

It's a shame the EU let Scotland down the last time they made a break for independence.

Silly - Next time they will be on your side!
    Actually, if Germany goes to war, we will be marching through the Netherlands! This is by design, since they will do the maritime logistics for us. An agreement is in the works about that. Cool stuff, huh?

To be fair, this UK harakiri does seem to result in some positive EU evolution, so thx for falling on your sword for the rest of us, Brits

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Point taken, mea culpa :P
    Was funny, I've seen a few mixups here but never three persons into one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I'm honestly pretty sure that if Germany invades Holland, having an army will make no difference whatsoever. Because Germany would either get instagibbed by the rest of NATO, or it's part of a 3rd world war which will end the world anyway xD
    Nah, you gave us Rudi Carell. We can never invade you again after that. He made us like you and the way you speak German.

Also, our battles on the football pitch are way more entertaining! People still talk about the quarter finals in WC '90 here.

Bloody Rijkaard...

Deleted
    Actually, if Germany goes to war, we will be marching through the Netherlands! This is by design, since they will do the maritime logistics for us. An agreement is in the works about that. Cool stuff, huh?
    As i said, Next time they will be on your side

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    It's a shame the EU let Scotland down the last time they made a break for independence.
    Indeed we should have been there to rig the election to further our globalist agenda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But how would that work. Best case scenario, (from Nigey's dreams) nothing changes, the UK can back out of this BS, and everyone just forgets it. Realistic scenario, the UK will get a much worse deal than they have now but at least they get to keep their membership, or they get fuk all and leave for good.

Why would any country, eurosceptic or not try to imitate that?
    Because that would give more ammunition for the extremists. If Le Pen in France, or the Five Start Movement in Italy, etc. started to push for the talks for their own extra benefits - even if they will never get it - that would give them more voters and ultimately more hatred against the EU. Populism and a 'war on a common enemy' are very strong tools.

You are from Hungary, just look at them. Soon there will be a referendum against Brussels' immigraiton policy, and the ruling party will win on that, that's granted. It's also granted that it won't do nothing against the EU policy, because that is not how the EU works / it's a done deal already. Yet, this machination is more than enough to make Orban get more political clout and score some cheap votes in the next election.

Nah, you gave us Rudi Carell. We can never invade you again after that. He made us like you and the way you speak German.

Also, our battles on the football pitch are way more entertaining! People still talk about the quarter finals in WC '90 here.

Bloody Rijkaard...
    I actually love the fact that when it comes to football, Holland and Germany get REALLY pissy with eachother. xD Like... snide attack adds in newspapers. But as soon as one of us is eliminated we start to cheer for the other xD

Indeed we should have been there to rig the election to further our globalist agenda.
    Or support them when they asked if you would accept them on seperation.

I guess i just can't get past the comedy of british nationalism being derirded and scottish nationalism celebrated. When they both retarded, and both decisions are retarded

Deleted
    Independence at last!!! Royal britannia!!!!!!!!!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Just curious...

What is the record for maximum number of pages for a 'non mega thread' thread??? cause this is this one is certainly going towards a mega thread recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Independence at last!!! Royal britannia!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All hail Britannia! *Code Geass flashback*