Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That would be a complete waste of Fire Blast charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jks View Post
    I don't know what to make of this..
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jks View Post
    *Warcraft Logs link that I cant post yet* Fire Mage one shoted a raidboss
    Looks balanced to me.

On a more serious note: WTH happened there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    That would be a complete waste of Fire Blast charges.
    Possibly. What do you think is ideal? Rune of Power, Combustion, Fireball?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Possibly. What do you think is ideal? Rune of Power, Combustion, Fireball?
    Generate HU, RoP -> combustion -> IB -> go into PB/IB cycling (FO to prolong if you have it) -> PB/PF cycling -> end with other fillers (BW/Cinderstorm/Dragon's Breath).

You don't want to fireball in Combustion at all if you can help it, waste of time. Well, you don't want to FB if it won't lead into more PBs, is probably a better way to say that.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2016-06-28 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Generate HU, RoP -> combustion -> IB -> go into PB/IB cycling (FO to prolong if you have it) -> PB/PF cycling -> end with other fillers (BW/Cinderstorm/Dragon's Breath).

You don't want to fireball in Combustion at all if you can help it, waste of time. Well, you don't want to FB if it won't lead into more PBs, is probably a better way to say that.
    Is there a chance to be better to start the weaving with Phoenix's Flames instead of Fire Blast?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Is there a chance to be better to start the weaving with Phoenix's Flames instead of Fire Blast?
    I think it's worth to use PF as late as possible due to the stacking process of Pyretic Incantation, since it's our hardest hitting spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    I think it's worth to use PF as late as possible due to the stacking process of Pyretic Incantation, since it's our hardest hitting spell.
    I had in mind the fact it triggers the GCD (or/and travel time) is to blame making it possibly worse. Fire Blast is off it.

Deleted
    Whats the best talent set up for leveling? anyone willing to share?

How does the combustion buff work in regards to spell cast/impact stuff. Does it work like old shatter (applies when the spell cast leaves your hand) or like the new one (on impact)? Like if I cast a fireball and combust mid air, will the buff apply to my spell or do I need to cast it just before finishing the cast time for fireball?

Blizz said it applies only to frost spells.
    Doubt they forgot to mention fire in that post.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Blizz said it applies only to frost spells.
    Doubt they forgot to mention fire in that post.
    I think you misunderstood the question. They weren't asking how Shatter affects Fire, because Fire doesn't even have Shatter.
    They were asking whether Fire's mechanics work like Shatter used to, or how it works now.

I don't know the answer to that question though.

Phoenix flames down to 300% and removed splash damage.

nvm, as always, wowhead has it correctly:

Phoenix's Flames Hurls a Phoenix that causes (500%-->300% of Spell power) Fire damage to the target and splashes (150%-->100% of Spell power) Fire damage to other nearby enemies. This damage is always a critical strike.
    Cooldown changed from 1.5 min recharge to 45 sec recharge
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-06-28 at 10:21 PM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think you misunderstood the question. They weren't asking how Shatter affects Fire, because Fire doesn't even have Shatter.
    They were asking whether Fire's mechanics work like Shatter used to, or how it works now.

I don't know the answer to that question though.
    No I understood it quite well and said the new shatter mechanics were said to apply to frost spells only.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

Phoenix's Flames Hurls a Phoenix that causes (500%-->300% of Spell power) Fire damage to the target and splashes (150%-->100% of Spell power) Fire damage to other nearby enemies. This damage is always a critical strike.

Seems good. Cut in half that atrocious 90 sec cool down, and only nerfed less than half of the damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

aaah !
    Was really afraid, because 300% spell power no splash and 1min30 cd, it'd be another fireblast with a bigger cd

Seems fine btw, 45 sec cd is way better, and i think even if we lose some burst damage, we will gain overall dps on this !

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    Seems good. Cut in half that atrocious 90 sec cool down, and only nerfed less than half of the damage.
    Agreed. We have always known that the PF we used for quite some time now was a little too good to make it to live.

Guaranteed crit with 45 secs CD for that amount looks still good.

No I understood it quite well and said the new shatter mechanics were said to apply to frost spells only.
    If you understood it then you know that what you said has nothing to do with what he's asking.

How does the combustion buff work in regards to spell cast/impact stuff. Does it apply when the spell cast leaves your hand or on impact?
    It's very obvious they were asking about combustion, not shatter. They were using old vs new shatter as an example. Edited out the comparison for apparent clarity.

Anyway, unless they changed it since I last read, it should work on impact, so you can cast and hit combustion before it hits and gain the benefit.
    Last edited by whisperingsage; 2016-06-28 at 11:30 PM.

The PF buff is very nice, damage was absurd and cooldown was too high, they adresses both at once. Now PF becomes usable outside of Combustion again, less cooldown equals more HS procs ... good changes right here.