Rockbiter now generates 15 mealstrom. Nice! Definitely not using Boulderfist anymore. Bouldefist back to 25 but CD is too long. I don't enjoy downtime.
    Windfury buff aswell (sort of, only 2 attacks now).

Each Windfury attack now deals 80% damage instead of 40%, but now there's only 2 of them instead of three. Also generates maelstrom.
    I guess they reduced the number of attacks so that Windfury wasn't generating too much Maelstrom?

Also maybe worth noting, Earthen Strike got a big buff, Fury of Air and Lightning Shield got smaller buffs, Windsong was made a lot stronger.

Ascendance buff (doubt no one will use it anyway).
    Crash Lightning nerfed. Only nerf i can see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, so many things. Windfury proccing MW again but only twice meanwhile rockbiter gives 15 maelstrom, CL nerf to discourage the use in single target i guess and a ton of talent balancing.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Am I right in thinking that having ancestral swiftness going from 8% haste and 8% attack speed to 10% haste is a nerf to maelstrom generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Am I right in thinking that having ancestral swiftness going from 8% haste and 8% attack speed to 10% haste is a nerf to maelstrom generation?
    Yes, it is. But not a big one. Buffs to Rockbiter, Boulderfist, Windfury etc should make up for it (i hope).

so reading the tooltip for boulderfist, no cooldown? spammable?

Quote Originally Posted by Applemonkey View Post
    so reading the tooltip for boulderfist, no cooldown? spammable?
    Still has the same cooldown.

So:
    -Windfury MP gain! Yay! However, fewer Windfury hits--aww... But the Windfury hits are stronger. This actually makes Doom Winds about 33% stronger as a DPS cooldown, now--to make up for the fact that it's 33% weaker as an MP gen cooldown (~60MP from Windfury procs--assuming 6 autoattacks--as opposed to 90).
    -Stormstrike is hurting more again--nice.
    -Ascendance is more of an MP cooldown now. However, the fact that Windstrike has finally been updated from its old WoD tooltip makes me wonder if it's resetting Stormstrike again, which would be cool.
    -Slight nerf to Ancestral Swiftness, now that it's only giving haste--granted, that means it's giving more of a boost to cooldown reduction, which is cool. This, I think, makes it a strongly-AoE/Boulderfist-focused talent, now.
    -Crash Lightning does less damage on the initial hit, so as to not be quite as ideal in single target--even though the big thing there was how it interacted with artifact perks, and not really its own damage...
    -Rockbiter and Boulderfist have more MP generation. This means 33% less skeeball spam (might be a pejorative, but it's a funny pejorative), and Boulderfist feels a little smoother.
    -Big buff to Earthen Spike damage (60% increase, to be exact)--even though it still does Physical damage, and its debuff isn't any stronger. Still, more DPS is more DPS.
    -Empowered Stormlash needed a nerf? Okay, Blizz...
    -Finally, FoA got itself a buff. I think this is juuuust right for FoA DPS, personally (35%x4 = 140% AP Nature damage for 20MP, meaning--if we're to compare it directly to Crashing Storm, which is effectively ~125% AP [SP is 1.3 times AP, and CS is 96% SP, so...], the talents feel more balanced. Remember, CS is tied directly to our common AoE button, and is far easier to manage, whereas FoA requires paying attention to another button).
    -Lightning Shield got a 40% buff--does it also no longer have an ICD, as Celestalon insinuated during Bay's Enhancement stream? We'll just have to find out...
    -Big buff to Windsong. Now hits as hard as Boulderfist, and gives more attack speed than a Bloodlust. Helloooo, Doom Winds shenanigans.
    -Landslide now does Agility as opposed to AP. I thought the two had a 1:1 relationship? Am I wrong? Is this a buff? A nerf?
    -That Feral Spirit tooltip bug is gone. Good; it was causing way too much confusion.
    -The only artifact perk change we get is the same one everyone else got. Hey, it makes "paragoning" the artifact feel more impactful, I suppose (at least, the first point).

I am calling this build positively delicious. Excellent changes (well, aside from that Crash Lightning thing), and I think this will really make our MP generation feel much better, without being ridiculous--and we now have talent choices that feel like actual choices!
    Last edited by Ranmauri; 2016-06-28 at 11:39 PM.

Still a bit worried about Flametongue. If you dont use Hot Hand, there is no use for it at all, right? I mean, the damage is terrible. 1.7k hits or something like that.
    It's a bit strange that this has not been buffed. They buffed Hailstorm which is good but not Flametongue.

Flametongue is your default method of procing Stormlash, as well (it only procs with a weapon imbue active). Not much, yeah, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmauri View Post
    Flametongue is your default method of procing Stormlash, as well (it only procs with a weapon imbue active). Not much, yeah, but...
    Oh yeah, that's right. So while in a dungeon or raid it's important. Not so much for solo stuff i guess. But then again, it doesnt cost any maelstrom so it might be good to keep it up anyway.

Deleted
    Honestly, the buffs are just bad news, our dps is still going be a lot higher than everyone elses, which means more (and probably worse) nerfs incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Karriane View Post
    Honestly, the buffs are just bad news, our dps is still going be a lot higher than everyone elses, which means more (and probably worse) nerfs incoming
    These are mostly buffs to gameplay flow. While that does also increase damage, they have to get the back and forth of maelstrom generation right first and then tune the damage numbers around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ranmauri The AP -> Agi change for landslide is a very minor nerf to not take into account strength or level as the AP formula for enh shaman is (Level x 2) + (Strength - 10) + (Agility x 2 - 20)

So it scales a tiny bit less from stat buffs and such. I don't think it is big enough of a change to change much but it is a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Daegalus View Post
    @Ranmauri The AP -> Agi change for landslide is a very minor nerf to not take into account strength or level as the AP formula for enh shaman is (Level x 2) + (Strength - 10) + (Agility x 2 - 20)

So it scales a tiny bit less from stat buffs and such. I don't think it is big enough of a change to change much but it is a nerf
    Enhancement doesn't get any AP from strength, and there's no base AP. Our AP is literally equal to our agility, other than pure AP buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Oh yeah, that's right. So while in a dungeon or raid it's important. Not so much for solo stuff i guess. But then again, it doesnt cost any maelstrom so it might be good to keep it up anyway.
    Storm lash can also go on yourself so it is still useful while soloing atleast it does when I am attacking target dummies by my self.

But then again Landslide counts as an enhanced weapon and that's up all the time if taken. I just went to test bolderfist and its buff even though the tooltip says its an enhancement to your weapon was not proccing stormbringer.
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2016-06-29 at 12:31 AM.

Oh my... Windsong is very gud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daegalus View Post

Let's doge MOAR! (tbh i don't remember if agility still grants dodge)
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Yeah, the AP formulae changed... right at the beginning of WoD, I think? I know they've had multiple different iterations, pretty much each expansion (MoP for example was 1:1 on whichever of strength or agility you didn't use, and 2:1 on whichever you did, I believe), but I thought for certain starting with WoD it was just agility/strength = AP.