Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Modern art is bullshit. (hashtag #NotAll for the regressives here)
    Just checked their instagram and they have some pretty good paintings, however i doubt they paint them. They look like the fusion of the Olsen twins and Cara Delevingne so of course they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    so that's almost everything then lol.
    I mean, most working artists make art and sell their pieces, so art in and of itself is hardly ever separate from future monetization. But it's the motive behind making the art that determines whether it is art or not, is selling the item the central motive/message?

Of course I don't expect everyone to agree with me, many people think that anything can be art but I think that having an aesthetic value (which can truly be found anywhere) is not synonymous with what art is.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ah yes I remember now. We had those old Nokia 3310s when I was in high school, but not everyone had one so we'd do it old school like that quite often. We also had a neighborhood gang in elementary school where we'd terrorize the neighborhood with weapons made out of sticks, building forts and pretending to kill one another.
    *Giggles* I miss those days at times. However, looking back, I remember how utterly dangerous my youth was, even compared to others from my time.

I never see that shit anymore. Kids in my neighborhood had a sign in the window during last Halloween, asking neighbors to check out their Halloween costumes via Instagram.
    I haven't begun to try to understand all the new things that people do with social media... things like snapchat, instragram, and tumblr, I only know through people talking about them. Granted, I've considered looking more into them for expanding my own business investments.

That said, I can imagine that kids these day are extraordinarily different from previous generations. It's somewhat sad to think about, but they'll figure out things in their own manner.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Of course I don't expect everyone to agree with me, many people think that anything can be art but I think that having an aesthetic value (which can truly be found anywhere) is not synonymous with what art is.
    as i said, artists have literally made anything and everything into art, there is almost no boundaries where you can say something is not art.

Deleted
    Well most girls can do this. There is a high demand for this and... other things. Twitch-girls are also artists. It's all art as long as there is a demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    nah, I agree, it's all pretentious bullshit. I need to know if there is some mockumentory or Zoolander-esque movie that point's out how trucking absurd the whole thing is. ah shit I just thought of exit through the gift shop.... ok something else!

10/10 would watch again, he lined up 100 nails and hit them all on the head with flawless accuracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    nah, I agree, it's all pretentious bullshit. I need to know if there is some mockumentory or Zoolander-esque movie that point's out how trucking absurd the whole thing is. ah shit I just thought of exit through the gift shop.... ok something else!
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    10/10 would watch again, he lined up 100 nails and hit them all on the head with flawless accuracy.
    Yep, just watched it again because i searched it for the thread, it's priceless.
    Here is another example of a different youtuber on a different subject(french postmodernism), same CANCER.
    Last edited by Sforza; 2016-06-29 at 04:45 AM.

Jesus Christ, those eyebrows...... They are a little too thick for my tastes, and they look like the Olsen Twins.... double barf.......
    The art is art just not that interesting or compelling.

He kind of lost me when he started ranting about SJWs.

[Every good cam-whore offers you instagram/snapchat access these days if you are a loyal supporter. That they appear to be actual twins seems to have a hit a niche where they can get away with selling stills instead of shows on the internet.

It's a fleeting business model and from the looks of it they are in their last third.

I mean...I wouldn't reject them. But I wouldn't pay nor get insta boner from them either. One of them has a bit of a masculine face. And those eyebrows.

But this whole thread can be summed up in two words: free market.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I think we all know this is just another form of selling sex. It's been proven over and over that if an attractive woman does anything at all there are some guys that will buy it. Whether it's a twitch stream, eating food, or doing household chores. Guys will pay to watch it and jack off.

I'd call them morons, but it might actually be cheaper than dating.

Ha. Welp, question answered

Did you know about their taking nude photos with stuffed animals before you read this thread?
    Yea, and they definitely don't try to hide it. They both shared that exact link on their facebook walls today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone was naked, so someone else is outraged
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Someone was naked, so someone else is outraged
    If you're talking about me, the answer is definitely not. Cute girls are cute, I'm straight but only like, 75-80% straight.

I posted the OP because of the article's "is this art?" and feminism angles.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far most of the outrage is about 2 girls making money off of their sexuality on their own terms. The one person that alleges to have known them earlier in life focused more on their social lives than their art. I guess they lost touch when they went on to study for a BFA at NYU. Plenty of other modern artists studied traditional art, Koons, Rauschenberg, Lichtenstein, Warhol, etc.. Just that making realist portraits gets old.

The photos are fairly standard post modern deconstructions of sexuality and consumerism. I like the performance art angle, of how the pieces say more about the people that buy them. Are their underlying expectations for paying $333 for a toy? Like any good artists they also made a bible reference with the holy trinity. Kinda like Warhol, just more current and sexualized.

Looks like they do oils as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

Looks like they do oils as well.
    Yes that particular painting is one of their more PG-rated ones, the other ones I saw were ones involving celebrities giving blowjobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone's willing to pay for it, then there's a market.

Let'er rip.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that particular painting is one of their more PG-rated ones, the other ones I saw were ones involving celebrities giving blowjobs.
    Must have been a hell of a gallery show. Which reminds me, First Thursday next week!