Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We don't have a parade to express our joy being ourselves. We have a parade to express our right to exist. We're told regularly that we should die, that we're abominations, that we're going to hell, that we're mentally damaged, and there are a host of countries where it is illegal for us to exist. Name one place where it is illegal for a heterosexual to be themselves? Yeah, now I hope you get it.
    This. So much this.

You grow up feeling like your some worthless freak and that you have to keep hiding in fear because if anyone found out you could be ostracized by the people you hold dear. Pride is to celebrate the fact that there are others out there like us and we need not be afraid. We have had to fight for rights so freely given to the heterosexual populace, especially in a country that espouses "Liberty for all" where that liberty is still not felt despite decades of fighting.

No one ever said all gay people are smart
    Isn't it backing up your original claim as to why these parades exist though? "The right to exist without the fear of being killed" and all that jazz you earlier posted. I mean, it won't really challenge society norms and way of thinking if these parades are organized in already supportive areas, everyone will clap but those bigoted\old fashioned places will still "throw the bricks", if you will, should you cross them.

Isn't that what the Gay Pride Parades are supposed be about? To fight and expose these types of mentalities, so that the LGBTQ (whatever else is in there nowadays) isn't afraid of simply existing?

And yeah, I'll understand if this goes without answer as it's off topic and, as such, I won't go push further to this specific event in question.

HeterosexualPrideDay is a bit much lol, I will admit that gay people in recent times do encounter persecution, in many cases A LOT of it, compared to heterosexuals who encounter none. I do think the level of outrage is bizarre in this one though, as much as the hash tag itself. Also what is bizarre is people adding weird things like "you must be persecuted to have a pride day" or "you must risk encountering violence to have a pride day". I do see a lot of the responses are something to the degree of "every day is hetero sexual pride day", if that is true, then why would people get upset about giving it one day out of the year to acknowledge it? lmao. And let's get real here, if they did ever do it, we'd probably only see a few people show up, and then the next year nobody would show up. I am surprised people would get this upset over the notion of such a parade though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Was there. really?
    lol

I guess you find someone for everything to be removed nowadays on the internet.

But to showcase my logic,
    nothing says hetero more than "hey, I made a child".
    Though, I've to say, we Germans celebrate fathers day very different from the Americans.
    We grab 3 - 4 buddies, put a 30 liter beer keg on a cart, and off we walk into the outdoors, til the keg is empty and the woman has to come and pick our drunk asses up to haul us back home lol
    It was the tumblr 3rd wave feminism movement.
    They forgot that mothers day existed for a minute.

I swear I saw a post about end fathers day because it promotes rape and some other issues.
    Honestly, don't know where people come up with this stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Yet you're quick to lump the left all into a single hodgepodge of morons that will say things like "straight opinions don't matter"... which the only people saying that are Tumblr teenagers and extreme left niche websites. If you can find me one mainstream "left" website (and not just a website you disagree with) then I'll concede.
    Buzzfeed, the huffington post, nowthis, the young turks (ok not a website but its pretty mainstream)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Though, I've to say, we Germans celebrate fathers day very different from the Americans.
    We grab 3 - 4 buddies, put a 30 liter beer keg on a cart, and off we walk into the outdoors, til the keg is empty and the woman has to come and pick our drunk asses up to haul us back home lol
    I like the German way a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    HeterosexualPrideDay is a bit much lol, I will admit that gay people in recent times do encounter persecution, in many cases A LOT of it, compared to heterosexuals who encounter none. I do think the level of outrage is bizarre in this one though, as much as the hash tag itself. Also what is bizarre is people adding weird things like "you must be persecuted to have a pride day" or "you must risk encountering violence to have a pride day". I do see a lot of the responses are something to the degree of "every day is hetero sexual pride day", if that is true, then why would people get upset about giving it one day out of the year to acknowledge it? lmao. And let's get real here, if they did ever do it, we'd probably only see a few people show up, and then the next year nobody would show up. I am surprised people would get this upset over the notion of such a parade though.
    Say I see it is the hashtag was made purely to antagonize and mock gay pride. There were no sincere intentions behind it and that's what makes people angry. But really a lot of people aren't angry... with the exception of frothing Cebel.... and are just explaining what gay pride is about and why it's still a thing even if they have a majority of rights that straight people do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    It was the tumblr 3rd wave feminism movement.
    They forgot that mothers day existed for a minute.

I swear I saw a post about end fathers day because it promotes rape and some other issues.
    Honestly, don't know where people come up with this stuff.
    I wouldn't doubt it for a minute.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty obvious the tweets are meant to mock than be genuine.

As for your post, I definitely understand the feeling when someone tells you you're something you're not. I'm sorry someone ever treated you that way. I think it's personally disgusting when gay men chase straight men or tell them they're really gay, but they haven't discovered it yet. The difference is that stuff is on a personal, local level. It's stupid, but you can walk away from a moron who does that to you. I can't walk away from laws engineered to discriminate against me quite so easily.
    I was writing a complex answer, but this represent my thoughts on the matter.

I have no issues with people who are tired of a certain topic. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it as much as you are.

I have an issue with people who act like the issue doesn't exist and is only happening in our head.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Buzzfeed, the huffington post etc etc
    BUZZFEED LOL fucking hell I almost took you seriously for a second. Okay I'll bite, now link me an article with the explicit statement "Straight people cannot have opinions". I'll wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Nothing wrong with being proud of yourself, according to the other side of the coin.
    Yeah but don't you know stuff like that is always a double standard? lol

Every day is heterosexual pride day. People shouldn't be fucking assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I like the German way a lot better.

Typical group of "fathers".
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buzzfeed, the huffington post, nowthis, the young turks (ok not a website but its pretty mainstream)
    Are you going to actually provide any links or just ramble off sites?

Did you know Fox tells me that all gays should die. I won't provide any links, but they said it!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    BUZZFEED LOL fucking hell I almost took you seriously for a second. Okay I'll bite, now link me an article with the explicit statement "Straight people cannot have opinions". I'll wait
    you asked for mainstream, buzzfeed is batshit retarded but is it or is it not mainstream? how about the huffington post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Nothing wrong with being proud of yourself, according to the other side of the coin.
    You can be proud of yourself and have nothing to do with your sexuality and before you try to push the same logic for the other group, no, they were teach by the society to not be proud of themselves that they are something that should be fixed (etc etc etc...) reason why there are many people that hate themself because of their sexuality

10+ Year Old Account
    As a straight white male I am bombarded daily by propaganda from various sources telling me how guilty I should feel because: I'm responsible for holocaust, slavery, genocide in Africa, for being white....telling me that father's day should be scraped because I'm already privileged by working 70 hours a week and supporting my family financially. I can't do this, I can't do that...blahh blahh blahh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And pretty much everything you've faced in your life was on the same level. If I, as a white American, go to certain countries I will be treated as a second class citizen. I might even be murdered just for being who I am. Does that mean we should have White Pride celebrations? Personally, I think we should actually work to address the issues instead of celebrating the luck of the genetic lottery.
    Except it wasn't. As has been said, up until a year ago almost to the day, homosexuals were not able to marry and know that the marriage will be honored in this country. That's institutional, and it's still prevalent. Sexual orientation is still not a protected class in a lot of places, which means that nondiscrimination laws don't apply. While you cannot be fired from a job, denied service, etc. because you are black, or female, or a Muslim, you can be because you're gay. That's not personal or local. That's something that a person has to live under whether it's actually happened directly to them or not.

If you were in Puerto Rico or Mexico, I don't see a problem with having a gringo parade.

If you're in the US white heteros aren't threatened, we make up the vast majority.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    you asked for mainstream, buzzfeed is batshit retarded but is it or is it not mainstream? how about the huffington post?
    Buzzfeed is a damn meme website, I'm talking about news channels and shit not "top 10 corgis doing backflips off a trampoline in a dinosaur onesie". And you're still not linking me an article where they say "Straight people cannot have opinions". Still waiting...