Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why are female human weapons so oversized?

I read a bluepost about how they are not going to fix it but why?

I think it looks ridiculous, especially wen you unsheath your weapon it pretty much explodes to double the size.

Personally I can't play human females on any class that actually use their weapon because of that.

Anyway, my questions are:
    Why is that?
    and
    Why don't they fix it?

PS: Yes, I have already googled it, that doesn't give me the answer I am looking for.

The reason it's larger is because there is intentional or unintentional code that makes it so.

Also, size matters.

Deleted
    I love that the female Human Weapons are so big. I just like that style. Thats one of the reasons i like to play them.
    The other is the animations... but they are rip in legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    The reason it's larger is because there is intentional or unintentional code that makes it so.

Also, size matters.
    Yeah, thanks. I would never have figured that it's part of the programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryokuone View Post
    I love that the female Human Weapons are so big. I just like that style. Thats one of the reasons i like to play them.
    The other is the animations... but they are rip in legion.
    The weapons are twicce the size of their entire body and they can't even grab the handle properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Quel'serrar on my human female warrior back in classic WoW. Looked like she meant business.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I loved Quel'serrar on my human female warrior back in classic WoW. Looked like she meant business.
    It was already like this back in vanilla? Today Quel'serrar is as big as herself and looks like a two-handed weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have an issue with this but, female characters have larger weapons except for blood elves but the only thing that looks tacky is what was mentioned earlier, the weapons being different sizes when (Un)Sheathed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    It was already like this back in vanilla? Today Quel'serrar is as big as herself and looks like a two-handed weapon.
    To be fair there are some Daggers that look/Share models as 1h swords.

I love when my BE DK swings Armageddon and chops an alliance jabroni in half.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

when they updated the models they said they weren't gonna fix it. it was an unintentional thing from way back in the day, and it's been around so long it'll piss people off.

honestly, it pisses me off that it exists. it's annoying, ruins every transmog i try to cobble together, and it needs to at least be some kind of fucking toggle. i don't want to look like i'm using titan's grip, goddammit.

it looks stupid as shit.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-06-30 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    when they updated the models they said they weren't gonna fix it. it was an unintentional thing from way back in the day, and it's been around so long it'll piss people off.

honestly, it pisses me off that it exists. it's annoying, ruins every transmog i try to cobble together, and it needs to at least be some kind of fucking toggle. i don't want to look like i'm using titan's grip, goddammit.

it looks stupid as shit.
    Do they keep the headbanging sneak animation for Nightelves because of that reason too?

I did consider roling human but that "feature" relly puts me off. It bothers me although the only human I play is a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I don't have an issue with this but, female characters have larger weapons except for blood elves but the only thing that looks tacky is what was mentioned earlier, the weapons being different sizes when (Un)Sheathed.
    But if they changed anything about that they would make it so you are constantly carrying a highway traffic sign on your back.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-06-30 at 04:19 PM.

Leave my oversized weeaboo weapons alone.

Go play an elf if you want to fight with flatware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Leave my oversized weeaboo weapons alone.

Go play an elf if you want to fight with flatware.
    No Bustersword for you.

I would be livid if they reduced the size of female human's weapons. I love that those toons can wield a weapon every bit as badass as their male counterparts in the game, unlike the toothpicks my be females are sporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post

Also, size matters.
    this, because size matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by popotine View Post
    this, because size matters.
    The devs need to compensate?

You'll take my oversized weaponry from my cold dead hands. I already have to deal with stupidly tiny shoulders in a game full or people walking around with whole goddamn cars on their shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Why are Human Male hands so oversizes? It's called fantasy, it just a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Why are Human Male hands so oversizes? It's called fantasy, it just a game.
    No, that is not about fantasy, that's about beeing too incompentent to fix anything in a resonable timeframe.

No, that is not about fantasy, that's about beeing too incompentent to fix anything in a resonable timeframe.
    If you're going to bitch about them not fixing a non-issue, why don't you log into battle.net and fix the problem of your subscription being active. Then fix the problem where your computer is functioning.

As far as i know, nope.

IIRC the very same patch that fixed the infamous Orc Shoulders during BC also increased the size of weapons on female humans and slightly decreased the size of weapons on Male Tauren.

Don't quote me on that, this was long ago and there was never really anything official about that, except for the Orc shoulders.