Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryokuone View Post
    I love that the female Human Weapons are so big. I just like that style. Thats one of the reasons i like to play them.
    The other is the animations... but they are rip in legion.
    This is what it boils down to at the end of the day, peoples personal preference.

For example my favorite race to play is undead, but I only have one UD char which I play once in a blue moon, I think its stupid how the lower halves of the legs are exposed as bone instead of covered by amour, it ruins so many x mogging sets in my opinion. However, I know a lot of people roll them for this feature as the think it looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As far as i know, nope.

IIRC the very same patch that fixed the infamous Orc Shoulders during BC also increased the size of weapons on female humans and slightly decreased the size of weapons on Male Tauren.

Don't quote me on that, this was long ago and there was never really anything official about that, except for the Orc shoulders.

Quel'serrar was the same size in vanilla. That's why we all loved it so much, it was a nice big sword to tank with while you dreamed of getting a Thunderfury.

10+ Year Old Account
    My understanding is that the old models had this bug since Vanilla days - human female models had stupidly oversized weapons and it wasn't fixed at the time. Nowadays, people have been playing so long they just want to keep it consistent. People who already like it or put up with it will continue to do so, people who don't like it will play another race as they always have.

I think with this Blizzard have concluded it's better to leave it as it always has been rather than suffer the usual outrage if they make a change!

A toggle or something would be ideal though :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to play Human Female exclusively, but after the WoD changes I had to race-change my two main characters to Draenei Female.

Maybe that was the plan all along... *puts on tinfoil hat*
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I read a bluepost about how they are not going to fix it but why?

I think it looks ridiculous, especially wen you unsheath your weapon it pretty much explodes to double the size.

Personally I can't play human females on any class that actually use their weapon because of that.

Anyway, my questions are:
    Why is that?
    and
    Why don't they fix it?

PS: Yes, I have already googled it, that doesn't give me the answer I am looking for.
    weapon sizes have been this way since Vanilla...... are you really just now noticing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    If you're going to bitch about them not fixing a non-issue, why don't you log into battle.net and fix the problem of your subscription being active. Then fix the problem where your computer is functioning.
    What a constructive post.
    You literally say that everyone who has anything to criticise on WoW should bugger the fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As far as i know, nope.

IIRC the very same patch that fixed the infamous Orc Shoulders during BC also increased the size of weapons on female humans and slightly decreased the size of weapons on Male Tauren.

Don't quote me on that, this was long ago and there was never really anything official about that, except for the Orc shoulders.
    I remembered it like that. And now it's a "feature".

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    I used to play Human Female exclusively, but after the WoD changes I had to race-change my two main characters to Draenei Female.

Maybe that was the plan all along... *puts on tinfoil hat*
    I think humans got the better end of the new chracter models. Or what changes are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not noticed the weapons being oversized, but I HAVE noticed the helms being a tad too large in a way that detracts from a lot of the sets. Rogue t17 in particular, but there are several others where the helm is way too big on them.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritalynn View Post
    weapon sizes have been this way since Vanilla...... are you really just now noticing?
    Not vanilla, something BC I think.

I've previously simply never bothered to ask that question.

What a constructive post.
    You literally say that everyone who has anything to criticise on WoW should bugger the fuck off.

I remembered it like that. And now it's a "feature".

I think humans got the better end of the new chracter models. Or what changes are you talking about?
    You're criticizing something that is not an issue. "Oh no, these weapons are 10% too large. LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    I've not noticed the weapons being oversized, but I HAVE noticed the helms being a tad too large in a way that detracts from a lot of the sets. Rogue t17 in particular, but there are several others where the helm is way too big on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    You're criticizing something that is not an issue. "Oh no, these weapons are 10% too large. LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!"
    More like 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Yeah, I can see it being a little too big, but that's like all weapons in wow. Pretty much all 1h'ers have looked like 2h'ers for quite a while.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No clue but they need to be made smaller. The clipping 2H swords and axes cause when sheathed on the back is horrific.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Yeah, I can see it being a little too big, but that's like all weapons in wow. Pretty much all 1h'ers have looked like 2h'ers for quite a while.
    The thing that makes it extra noticeable on female humans is that the weapon grown when you unsheath it.

I like the huge weapons because I don't need more realism in my fantasy MMO-RPG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    This is one of three models that are "too" big. The others are ashkandi and the CM sword. Everything else is pretty natural.
    Quell Serrar is too big for a one hander too though. It wouldn'T even bother me that much if it stayed in one size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I like the huge weapons because I don't need more realism in my fantasy MMO-RPG
    If that was the only argument they would have to make them smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    No, that is not about fantasy, that's about beeing too incompentent to fix anything in a resonable timeframe.
    So a human male can walk around with a big-ass sword like Askandi and no one finds it wierd, but when a human female runs around with a big weapon, it's suddenly strange?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    So a human male can walk around with a big-ass sword like Askandi and no one finds it wierd, but when a human female runs around with a big weapon, it's suddenly strange?
    Are you trying to put sexism on me? That doesn't work on me. I am german, I get blamed for racism all the time.

They get the biggest weapon model while not sporting the biggest body. Even gnomes look more in line with their weapons.

I do know that seeing a female human holy paladin wielding that gigantic artifact hammer is kind of goofy looking.

Looks pretty well balanced to me

Though the funny thing in this picture is what it represents (Yay Ashbringer for everyone!), but yeah maybe the size issue is restricted to a few outliers, rather than a general problem.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Are you trying to put sexism on me? That doesn't work on me. I am german, I get blamed for racism all the time.

They get the biggest weapon model while not sporting the biggest body. Even gnomes look more in line with their weapons.
    Don't put sexism into this, I hate when people use that which is exactly why I find the statement that females wearing oversized weapons being wrong while no one seems to care about males wielding them. so annoying. So shut it with that.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2016-06-30 at 07:58 PM.