Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made some quick edits to the OP so we can get the thread back on track now.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Are you been fucking serious here I can't tell
    That makes me really sad. I guess I'm just not doing it right.

As you noted, the statement I quoted is common sense across the board. Why would anyone need to say "gamers, MMO or otherwise" in itself seems like fear mongering. So I channeled a little main steam media sensationalism and made it an attack on gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Thats not the reason they are judged as adults. I advice you read your own country law to understand why we try minor as adults in many cases when it comes to murders, rapes and other important crimes. What you think of it does not matter, its what we do.
    I am saying the entire system is stupid. Children never become adults because a crime has been committed. A 4 year old killing someone doesn't make them 18.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    At 16 people shouldn't get less penalty when they commit crime, they know what they are doing at that age
    Why shouldn't they be treated as a minor, since they are literally a minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why shouldn't they be treated as a minor, since they are literally a minor.
    I don't care about being a minor, being a minor shouldn't give you less penalties automatically, at 16 you know what you are doing

I don't care about being a minor, being a minor shouldn't give you less penalties automatically, at 16 you know what you are doing
    No at 16 you don't, it's why 15-16 ear olds do some very very stupid things after murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    40 years isn't justice for a 1st degree murder.
    That's because it's second-degree (opportunistic murder in the process of committing another crime).
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

No at 16 you don't, it's why 15-16 ear olds do some very very stupid things after murders.
    Bitch already had a year old baby when she was a 16 year old girl. Whatever plea she can make as being an innocent little minor is bullshit.

Plus, you say she doesn't have a fully developed brain because she is under 18, as if trash like this would ever develop a brain to begin with.

Yes you do at 16, I remember what being 16 is like, that's not long ago

Depends on the person and the circumstances.

With a different person in different circumstances, I could see leniency...

Not in this case though. She showed a total disregard not only to her victim, but to her own child and boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Anyone bring up a handgun issue in the U.S. yet?

Yep, that's why you need actual gun control rather than these watered-down long gun restrictions.

Of course there are two distinct issues at play here: the US's very high overall homicide rate, mostly the guns involved there are cheapo handguns, and the US's frequent mass shootings, which often employ semi-auto rifles and the like. You need a solution for both.

- - - Updated - - -

And during the murder. Like committing murder.

A lot of criminals commit stupid crimes because they're irresponsible idiots who grew up around crime and aren't thinking of the consequences of their actions. Give those people easy access to guns and boom, retarded homicides they get easily caught for committing.

Most criminals aren't Moriarty, they're some idiot who had a gun and wasn't thinking. Probably poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Too easy for him. Better punishment is rotting in jail for 40 years instead of the instant release of death. Death is no punishment, it is a reward.
    but it is not equal. Justice is parity.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, you do. Are you genuinely saying a 16 years old does not know murder is wrong. that he should not commit crime. They may be impulsive, but they do know, just do not care

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    The death isn't the issue, it's the suffering beforehand. Will the government match the suffering upon the perpetrator with the same voracity with which the perpetrator forced the victim to suffer? A simple lethal injection is too kind and painless, but that is all that will ever be done in this society, which is probably a good thing given the fallibility of our justice system (we can never be 100% certain of guilt). As such, decades in prison is a better punishment.

I mean, good I guess? The murderers are going away for a long time. Feel pity for their kid though.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I mean, good I guess? The murderers are going away for a long time. Feel pity for their kid though.
    I mean if it's young it might have a chance to find an adoptive family that ain't shit? I have serious doubts that anything good would have ever come out of this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean if it's young it might have a chance to find an adoptive family that ain't shit? I have serious doubts that anything good would have ever come out of this situation.
    Oh I just feel for those with criminal parents. They are either raised by them or doomed to be stuck on foster homes.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Oh I just feel for those with criminal parents. They are either raised by them or doomed to be stuck on foster homes.
    Well, usually people say that very young kids have it considerably easier in this regard, though I don't know how true that is for the US (that's where that happened, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Bitch already had a year old baby when she was a 16 year old girl. Whatever plea she can make as being an innocent little minor is bullshit.

Plus, you say she doesn't have a fully developed brain because she is under 18, as if trash like this would ever develop a brain to begin with.
    She had a child.. and she was behaving like this... she was a troubled child that needed help.

Yes you do at 16, I remember what being 16 is like, that's not long ago
    I am talking about what they do "after" having killed. Their actions are often very very very stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

yes, you do. Are you genuinely saying a 16 years old does not know murder is wrong. that he should not commit crime. They may be impulsive, but they do know, just do not care
    Knowing not to commit crime is one thing, what I am saying is that they fail to think out consequences.