Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Mentally weaker? Sometimes people make mistakes, or use violence as a means of expressing their anger. That doesn't mean they're mentally weaker - it just means that they're wrong (in most cases).
    The same could be said about men making mistakes or using violence as a means of expressing their anger.

My point was that you can't have 2 people with the same mental capacity for understanding the basic dynamics of social interaction and then blame the one who happens to be physically stronger.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    If a woman hits you, you make sure to teach her a lesson.

It has nothing to do with equality though, for we are not equal.

The whole, don't hit a girl because they are smaller than you is a bullshit double standard.

These same people would completely beat down a man half their size if they walked up and started the fight and the double standard just goes completely over their head.

And as a guy, I may be smaller than him by a laughably huge margin, but I feel that if I walked up and attacked Brock Lesnar he would mess my world up and these same people would support him for doing it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Equality isn't the goal. And it shouldn't be. No one should hit a toddler if the toddler hits them first.
    the point

your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    1) Because there ARE women stronger and more physically capable than men and

2)They want equality. Which means the whole package not just what they pick and choose which is what the more vocal and obnoxious seem to want.
    Yes, there are exceptions. And in these cases, it's certainly viable for a weaker male to defend himself. I see no use in vindictive violence, though.

And yes, some women might want equality. They're wrong. Males and females are slightly biologically different. We should embrace those differences, instead of pretending they don't exist.

Uh, no, the same logic still applies. It doesn't vanish just because you arbitrarily draw a line. Women are weaker than men. Why should they be treated as physical equals?
    On average, a woman will be weaker than a man physically, but that is certainly not always the case so should never be assumed.

Deleted
    No, I didn't.
    You literally did.

If a woman lacks the justification to hit a man, that doesn't mean she deserves to get hit.

That's like saying a thief deserves to be shot.
    no it really doesn't, thats escalation of situation, when being physically assaulted you are within your rights to defend yourself, regardless of age, race, sex etc your purposely applying ridiculous situations to a none ridiculous situation to try and justify your argument, so you're either trolling or stupid

Uh, no, the same logic still applies. It doesn't vanish just because you arbitrarily draw a line. Women are weaker than men. Why should they be treated as physical equals?
    That’s amusing, you talk like every woman is model thin and has the muscle of a 6 year old boy. The average woman today is the size of a man from the 1950s and 60s, moreover it’s all too easy to land a punch or kick that does serious damage since most guys don’t have the kind of size either to just absorb and shrug off an attack. You’re not getting hit by someone who looks like they just came out of a concentration camp anymore, you see those types of girls doing stuff from time to time and they’re usually the ones grabbing ahold of shit to swing because they know they can’t do any damage, thus making it worse. Physically smaller doesn’t mean incapable of doing serious damage, bottom line.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Equality's a fucking stupid idea. This is a good example of why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    no it really doesn't, thats escalation of situation, when being physically assaulted you are within your rights to defend yourself, regardless of age, race, sex etc your purposely applying ridiculous situations to a none ridiculous situation to try and justify your argument, so you're either trolling or stupid
    Defending oneself against a woman rarely takes much in the way of force. I guess someone's entitled to cold cock some flailing sorority girl and I don't really begrudge them that, but it's kind of a dick move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No, it doesn't.

A toddler is still learning and doesn't know what all they are doing. A full grown adult female as already learned those traits.
    And whether they are physically equal or not is irrelevant as most men are not physically equal to the person they are hitting or being hit by either.

By your logic, a guy half your size could come up and beat the pure shit out of you but you wouldn't lay a hand on them because they are smaller using that logic.
    It doesn't matter. The comparison was in terms of strength. This has nothing to do with intelligence - you're falsely representing my argument.

There's a difference between self defense and vengeance. If a woman is trying to beat you up, go ahead and defend yourself - not with excessive force, but with enough force to control the situation. If a woman just slaps you in the face, using violence as a response is simply vengeance and serves little purpose. f course she's probably wrong to hit you. But that doesn't make you right to hit her back. There's an old saying, two wrongs etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    That’s amusing, you talk like every woman is model thin and has the muscle of a 6 year old boy. The average woman today is the size of a man from the 1950s and 60s, moreover it’s all too easy to land a punch or kick that does serious damage since most guys don’t have the kind of size either to just absorb and shrug off an attack. You’re not getting hit by someone who looks like they just came out of a concentration camp anymore, you see those types of girls doing stuff from time to time and they’re usually the ones grabbing ahold of shit to swing because they know they can’t do any damage, thus making it worse. Physically smaller doesn’t mean incapable of doing serious damage, bottom line.
    If you're frightened of being injured because today's women are fat, it might be time to hit the gym.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Sure, and if she's actually trying to beat the shit out of you, defend yourself. But that's not the same thing as a one-off slap to the face. And moreover, defending yourself doesn't require excessive force, as some people in this thread are suggesting.

Uh yea, one should be prepared to engage in a physical altercation when they go through the trouble of initiating it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Defending oneself against a woman rarely takes much in the way of force. I guess someone's entitled to cold cock some flailing sorority girl and I don't really begrudge them that, but it's kind of a dick move.
    Which is an extreme, and an example of not proportional force. If some skinny girl is just spazzing around in my vicinity and not really hurting, I'll just move away or hold her still. If she punches me in the mouth out of nowhere and splits my lip, I'd like to think she's getting one back. Whether I could bring myself to hit a woman is another thing, because I had "never hit a girl, ever" drilled into me, but I don't expect other men not to.

I didn't even hit a girlfriend that pulled a knife on me. I hurt her wrist wrestling it off her, but that was about it.

Ultimately, parents should teach any child not to hit people. For me, and a lot of my friends, it was only boys that were taught that.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-07-01 at 12:56 AM.

What are those wee girl arms going to do to me?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Equality's a fucking stupid idea. This is a good example of why.

- - - Updated - - -

my argument is if my life is threatend, if a "flailing sorority girl" comes at you flailing madly with a broken bottle youll just stand there and take it? fuck no your gunna attack back in a way to defend yourself, its valuing your life and safety over "being a gentlemen and not hitting a girl"

That's horse shit. You don't need to hit a toddler in order to teach it not to be violent. Hitting toddlers, if anything, shows it that violence is an acceptable means of getting what you want as research has shown.
    I stand by my statement that it is indeed bull poop and not horse poop.

And yeah, like one of the other dudes above said. As a guy you learn not to hit when you get hit back and realize you are going to lose. Better to teach that to them earlier then later.

My favorites are watching the parents who are trying to reason with a toddler who barely speaks English, trying to explain why they shouldn't hit while the toddler punches their parent telling them to shut up and go away.

Believe it or not, you don't have to teach a child how to be violent. They learn that all on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Which is an extreme, and an example of not proportional force. If some skinny girl is just spazzing around in my vicinity and not really hurting, I'll just move away or hold her still. If she punches me in the mouth out of nowhere and splits my lip, she's getting one back.
    Yeah, that's fine, understood. Like I said, I don't really begrudge it even if it is just the harmless flailing. I'm not really one to empathize with instigators.

I feel sorry for women because as they grow up, they are rarely forced to learn the fact that they aren't as badass as they think they are.

If you're a guy, you learn by high school whether you're a badass or a regular joe. I've seen countless dudes go around thinking they're tough shit, only to get their asses handed to them by ACTUAL badass kids. You know what they do after they get their ass kicked? They go try to be good at something else, like writing or math.

Women aren't usually forced into learning these lessons, so they tend to go on thinking that they can do whatever they want to whoever they want.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."