Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"This is one of the few cases where we will not be sharing details."

On Titanforged chances of happening in the theorycrafting thread. Imo it woulda been nice if they shared the exact rates so people know what they are getting into.

I'm not /tinfoiling, just a bit annoyed they don't wanna give out the rates.

Sharing drop mechanics = people math out the "most efficient" way to grind gear.

Blizzard really really does not want that in any of their loot-based games.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a mathie kind of person by any means but that question made me laugh. A lot.
    I mean, I guess they didn't have anything to lose by asking, "Please spill all your secrets" but I still found it very funny.

We're implementing a super-RNG system despite everyone for the past 2 expansions telling us less RNG is better, and we're not going to explain how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    We're implementing a super-RNG system despite everyone for the past 2 expansions telling us less RNG is better, and we're not going to explain how it works.
    It's ok to be clueless, but I wouldn't shout it of the rooftops if I were you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It's ok to be clueless, but I wouldn't shout it of the rooftops if I were you.
    How is he clueless, he's actually exactly right in terms of the general concensus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    How is he clueless, he's actually exactly right in terms of the general concensus.
    It's low enough to not be a reason to run anything. Just run the content your level and screw their "now you have a reason to help people in lower instances"/

No... no you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again... I did get this... from a random Heroic boss drop. It normally would have rolled 825. So I rolled +50 levels... or won 10 rolls in a row.

No way in hell I'd farm for that crap though.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-07-01 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It's low enough to not be a reason to run anything. Just run the content your level and screw their "now you have a reason to help people in lower instances"/

No... no you don't.
    Well say CTA is up, it's extra incentive. Say someone in trade is asking for help, it's an extra incentive, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

tbh I'm not sure I get the secrecy given the example he used with just a 50% chance at each step leading to astronomically small probability you'll get a reeeeally nice item.

Like we know it won't be 50%, or anywhere near, so he very nicely talked me out of caring or feeling any sort of incentive to help anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it makes sense they wouldn't release that kind of info... Mostly because if you tell someone that there is a 1/50,000 chance you might get something.. they will try to get it in all 50k attempts and then say "you said 1 and 50k... you lies!"
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember back in vanilla and early BC when people didn't know everything about the game? Where there was some sense of discovery and unknown as you explore the game???

we don't need to know everything.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Remember back in vanilla and early BC when people didn't know everything about the game? Where there was some sense of discovery and unknown as you explore the game???

we don't need to know everything.
    You.... hadn't heard of thottbot eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Either that or allakhazam. People *could* actually be very informed if they bothered to do so. If you were in the "second wave" of raiders there were strategy guides and everything.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    theres a big difference between looking shit up on thottbot to search for the loc for a quest and actually knowing mechanics or the intricacies of the coding behind the game.
    Hi

RNG ontop of a fixed loot system is a good balance IMO.
    You know exactly which areas to target, and theres a chance you can get a better item.
    It gives you a reason to see content again, rather than a 1 stop shop for the item, and never having any reason to return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Sharing drop mechanics = people math out the "most efficient" way to grind gear.

Blizzard really really does not want that in any of their loot-based games.
    then they should stop trying to make d3 with a sub
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    But they've only really added more and more RNG...Because they need more longevity, and this system provides it. A constant scaling reward system keeps world quests relevant all xpac long for example, that's huge. The investment in content now will last them ALL xpac, not including the new content they'll roll out...

It's a great way to make things relevant and not be as repetitive as dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    RNG ontop of a fixed loot system is a good balance IMO.
    You know exactly which areas to target, and theres a chance you can get a better item.
    It gives you a reason to see content again, rather than a 1 stop shop for the item, and never having any reason to return.
    The never having reason to return sticks through though IMO.

Because let's be realistic here. Once you've gotten the possible upgrades(the default ilvl) you can get, you're not going to specifically target the place ever again until you really have nothing to do or want to help someone else out to get their own.

Quite honestly, in my eyes, all that RNG bull#hit should f off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    But they've only really added more and more RNG...Because they need more longevity, and this system provides it. A constant scaling reward system keeps world quests relevant all xpac long for example, that's huge. The investment in content now will last them ALL xpac, not including the new content they'll roll out...

It's a great way to make things relevant and not be as repetitive as dailies.
    It's a great way to excuse themselves from making new content and then just buzz off, while leaving the playerbase in the dry, to play what they have, over and over and over again.

Time will tell but I bet that it aint going to be as rosy as some want to believe.

They've probably learned their mistake with WoD but considering that this is Activision. Idk man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

No... no you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again... I did get this... from a random Heroic boss drop. It normally would have rolled 825. So I rolled +50 levels... or won 10 rolls in a row.

No way in hell I'd farm for that crap though.
    from a random Heroic boss drop

if you dident get the joke he said its from random heroic, but it says right on the ffing picture its from mythic, so no he dident roll a perfect 50
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

In case you didn't know: droprates, calculated by WowHead - are just average numbers. Blizzard don't guarantee you any particular droprate. The only info, Blizzard provide about droprates - is how rare specified item is. And Blizzard have a right to change droprates, how they want and when they want - at any moment. That's why item with 12% droprate, indicated on WowHead, can refuse to drop within 100 and even 200 tries on your server, while average number of tries, needed to obtain this item, for 12% droprate - is 8.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.