Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    she's just tan.

blood elves and high elves can get tan, there's some rather dark options for blood elves in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    i think it would be awesome to see some black elves, always found dark-skinned elves quite alluring. liked the normal ones too, but would be nice.
    we have the nightborne for that now.

they're basically drow in design, they even have spider people.

10+ Year Old Account
    well "withered" are kind a of dark elves. High elves usually have very pale / light skin, so once in a while dark skinned ones wouldn't be a thing.

Also those kinds of portrayals are usually writers' choice and most of the time dont mean anything in the game universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "dark-skinned" sin'dorei are probably not African black, more like Middle Easterners. Which would make sense considering that blood elves are very Middle Eastern, what with minaret-like towers, bazaars, hookahs, carpets, explosive devices and suicide bombers.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

They aren't like anything, they aren't real.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to say, OP, you're grasping at straws. There are no truly dark-skinned elves in this game, not like the Dunmer of Elder Scrolls or Drow of D&D anyway. The closest you might even come is the darkest shade of night elf -- in lore, those guys supposedly can be nice and purply even if our playable elves can't.

But have fun with your head canon nonetheless.

I think high elves and blood elves have always been capable of being dark-skinned, or at least we can kind of assume they can since there are blood elf skin options that go quite dark and we can assume that lore-wise there would be naturally even more tan variants.

I think past that, you're just reading into it. I do think dark-skinned high/blood elves would look awesome, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    The "dark-skinned" sin'dorei are probably not African black, more like Middle Easterners. Which would make sense considering that blood elves are very Middle Eastern, what with minaret-like towers, bazaars, hookahs, carpets, explosive devices and suicide bombers.
    That arcane glad still haunts me to this day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Came into thread ready to laugh first page 90% puns laughing was had good thread.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They shouldn't exist as far as lore is concerned. Ever since the race's creation the high elves and blood elves stayed in one portion of the world. Their skin colour shouldn't vary so drastically.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-06-30 at 10:03 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    but we never say blond head, or dark head, or raven head, we say haired in those cases, and don't go on to say dark skinned if we are referring to a tan, especially in a world with races all spectrums of light colours.
    You are saying you've never heard someone say "Check out that Redhead"?

Deleted
    lol why they got to be black.

white privilege even applies to WoW community. that is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    lol why they got to be black.

white privilege even applies to WoW community. that is just sad.
    We wuz magical elves n shiet

7+ Year Old Account
    So....
    I'm a blood elf's in wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Müdür View Post
    well "withered" are kind a of dark elves. High elves usually have very pale / light skin, so once in a while dark skinned ones wouldn't be a thing.

Also those kinds of portrayals are usually writers' choice and most of the time dont mean anything in the game universe.
    you mean wretched rgith? they looked super pale to me.

and actually so do withered, which makes me think its the magical sources that influence the Elves' skin colour. all their waters are from the well of eternity, but the 2nd well is purple hence most night elves' colour - they do have a black version though and a couple of grey ones, the nightwell is black, hence the nightborne colours are twilight blue, black and grey - and the Thalassian elves are sorta the exception, they don't really have golden skin, but it shows in their hair.

it's a guess though.

except it says raven head not hair, and then goes on to say Dark-skinned. Are black elves beyond the realm of possibilitiy? I mean we know it's common amongst the night elves, in particular the nightborne, but that is the night group - I always thought the high elf group would be fair skinned, but maybe not, certainly gotten me curious.
    Not beyond the realm of possibility but considering blizz doesn't allow any black skin tones for the player model I wouldn't count on them. Considering that the only one we know of may or may not even be black, and was in an alternate timeline, and we've never seen a black high elf in game. Blizz is more restrictive on these sorts of things than some other developers, which is why you don't get humans with blue hair for example, but other races can have it. If they envisioned black high/blood elves we'd probably have seen them by now. Even the nightborne I"ve seen are more of a dark blue/dark gray, and have no bearing on high elves either way. I wouldn't mind if blizz introduced some black high elves, as long as it didn't come across as shoehorned for 'muh diversity,' but as things are right now I don't think they exist in canon.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Freaking epic response!
    kinda sounds rather racist and small minded to me.

Maybe they meant some skintones like this one from bloodelves:

http://imgur.com/QZczB8T

I would consider this a "dark tone" for elves.

explosive devices and suicide bombers.
    What the hell you on about?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    #BlackElfLivesMatter
    indeed, black elves are like the 3rd most popular race in the game, and some of them ccan be near pale - only fitting that some of the white elves should be able to be almost black I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    indeed, black elves are like the 3rd most popular race in the game, and some of them ccan be near pale - only fitting that some of the white elves should be able to be almost black I think
    What about slav elves ?