Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Specc still need some love in some areas.

Mastery it being multiplicable instead of addictional makes it wordy, mathy and a bad stat. Only scales of a minor part of the total healing done. Haste, crit and verse all 3 affecs more of the healing and spells then mastery does. Would think increasing the attonement healing would be good but at 20% mastery it still only 8% units of attonement healing.

Why shadowmend and pw:s isnt giving a seperate attonement buff to plea and radiant is beyond me. Thoes 2 spells are clearly for need when single target needs more healing.

Everything tbh thats bad about radiance is the attonement scaling. Cast time feel a bit to slow when its actual healing is quite low.

soo a simple question im a disc priest now. What im reading about disc im not liking too much work

Disc or holy for legion?

for more outright healing (hps) and easier?

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    soo a simple question im a disc priest now. What im reading about disc im not liking too much work

Disc or holy for legion?

for more outright healing (hps) and easier?
    Unless your are specifically interested in the 'healing through dps' style the answer is 100% holy.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Is no one bothered that none of the new Disc spells have graphics at all?

- Shadow Mend has the Vanilla mana regen graphic
    - Schism has nothing
    - Purge the Wicked is Holy Fire

I understand not putting emphasis there, but this is clearly cheap and underworked and release is getting close.

hahaha, Blizz is testing and experimenting with Disc the "support" role. Even a blue said that if you want to heal, go holy (that is indeed a terrible clue). By the moment the class still is far for being compentitive on advance raids. Also the atonement system doesnt work to well and is more unfair and less fun than spected initially, as well mana prohibitive to keep on to much people.

About the question about who is easier, a blue said that the heal system of the disc is complicated. Even if they wanted no complex healing system for all the healers on legion, disc is different since if you want heal, go holy haha

Sooo they will no waste time doing new spells for that experimental class xD

My main is a discipline since the burning and will try disicpline again on legion. But if they are to bad healers, maybe the own raid will ask holy haha

Quote Originally Posted by Franarok View Post
    hahaha, Blizz is testing and experimenting with Disc the "support" role. Even a blue said that if you want to heal, go holy (that is indeed a terrible clue). By the moment the class still is far for being compentitive on advance raids. Also the atonement system doesnt work to well and is more unfair and less fun than spected initially, as well mana prohibitive to keep on to much people.

About the question about who is easier, a blue said that the heal system of the disc is complicated. Even if they wanted no complex healing system for all the healers on legion, disc is different since if you want heal, go holy haha

Sooo they will no waste time doing new spells for that experimental class xD

My main is a discipline since the burning and will try disicpline again on legion. But if they are to bad healers, maybe the own raid will ask holy haha
    Again No, this is a strait up lie.
    No where did Blizzard say that people should go Holy if they want to heal.
    They said that Disc could be the hybrid healer thing and be more complex that other healing specs because Holy is an alternative for those who do not enjoy Disc.

At no point did Blizzard say "fuck it just play Holy"

Feel free to provide quotes that say different.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Well what the hell then? Why are Wowhead and WoWDB lying to me? Must be some kind of hidden spec passive that makes them free.

That's actually really bad then for Disc, because as we've learned through raid testing, every healer will have to literally never use all of their GCDs (except in a couple select cases) if they want to actually have mana to heal with when it matters. I wonder if people will actually do this on live because I haven't seen it yet in testing, but if they do then Disc loses a lot of its reason to exist.
    I always spam my free DPS moves during downtime. I thought everyone did. Do people just stand around doing nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    I always spam my free DPS moves during downtime. I thought everyone did. Do people just stand around doing nothing?
    No, but instead of dpsing during down time, they will instead be casting more hots or efficient heals trying to further pad the meter. (though to be fair - the definition of "downtime" varies a lot based on class and how much u overgear the fight) - cause spending time pre-hotting during downtime is ok if its right before a big damage event.

But yes, ideally healers should be tossing out some damage whenever they can. Although pallys/monks have it a bit harder lacking an instant dot they can just slap on the target every 20 sec or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Is no one bothered that none of the new Disc spells have graphics at all?

- Shadow Mend has the Vanilla mana regen graphic
    - Schism has nothing
    - Purge the Wicked is Holy Fire

I understand not putting emphasis there, but this is clearly cheap and underworked and release is getting close.

At launch all the new melee spell effects will be released but the new ranged spell effects wont be implemented until a later date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    People do nothing, still heal even though its going to overheal (Sure some healers can do some preemptive healing, but all that is minimal compared to disc), or just have such a low CPM in general that it just seems that there is no downtime for those individuals. Throughout WoD from looking at a metric shit ton of logs, most healers do not dps in downtime. I used to be in that camp during HM too. It just wasn't something I realized I should've been doing in order to truly optimize my performance for the raid.

On a side note, I really miss Cata (and maybe MoP? I don't remember) shaman where Lightning Bolt gave back mana.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Well what the hell then? Why are Wowhead and WoWDB lying to me? Must be some kind of hidden spec passive that makes them free.

That's actually really bad then for Disc, because as we've learned through raid testing, every healer will have to literally never use all of their GCDs (except in a couple select cases) if they want to actually have mana to heal with when it matters. I wonder if people will actually do this on live because I haven't seen it yet in testing, but if they do then Disc loses a lot of its reason to exist.
    Hasnt that always been the healing model Blizzard has wanted? The Triage method where you only heal when its needed or that we should be satisfied that if a person is at 75-80% health they dont require immediate healing. I feel like every xpack they talk about how the new healing changes, spirit changes, or whatever changes will make our choices more meaningful in that we cant just always top everyone off whenever we want. Maybe this will be the first xpack where this is actually a thing.

But the no mana cost is definitely interesting...I dont recall any mention of this or what its purpose is.
    Last edited by Symmone; 2016-07-01 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    At launch all the new melee spell effects will be released but the new ranged spell effects wont be implemented until a later date.
    The problem is that those spells are new spells that have no animations. They were talking about updates on older ones. Besides, why does every other caster/healer spec have proper animations for their new spells? Disc is the only one who got Vanilla placeholders as new spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the no mana cost is definitely interesting...I dont recall any mention of this or what its purpose is.
    I suspect it is so that healers can always be doing something. Especially on long fights where we cant be constantly healing, this way we can at least be contributing something to the raid and still maintain our ABC's.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The problem is that those spells are new spells that have no animations. They were talking about updates on older ones. Besides, why does every other caster/healer spec have proper animations for their new spells? Disc is the only one who got Vanilla placeholders as new spells.
    Thats a good question, maybe they will reveal more as the xpack gets closer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    I suspect it is so that healers can always be doing something. Especially on long fights where we cant be constantly healing, this way we can at least be contributing something to the raid and still maintain our ABC's.
    Hmm well my immediate reaction would be that all healers would have similar functionality but when you consider disc, our spec is all about being a hybrid so maybe they wouldnt ever consider us receiving a similar convenience. But it still stands to reason that we wouldnt necessarily be able to function that way since people are talking about how we oom so fast during a fight where we will literally be required to stop casting in order to save our pool for a dire moment. Meanwhile the other healers get to dps for free even while Disc is supposed to be the dps healers.

Doesnt seem right.

Meanwhile the other healers get to dps for free even while Disc is supposed to be the dps healers.

Doesnt seem right.
    Well, keep in mind while they are dps'ing, they aren't actively healing. Disc has the niche that they can do both at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Well, keep in mind while they are dps'ing, they aren't actively healing. Disc has the niche that they can do both at the same time.
    I understand that however if we arent casting at all to save our mana pool (while they get free casts) that still doesnt help anyone either.

If it turns out to actually be an issue, couldn't Mind Blast be added back as a mana free spell that doesn't heal through atonement? It could even have the same spellpower coefficient as Smite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id rather they work with what we have now so it doesnt end up being an issue where we sit around twiddling our thumbs in raid. The way I understood our new class fantasy and spec design was that our throughput (that now ties our healing and dps together) was also in our ability to dps regardless if there was a need for healing. We would be the healers that were doing damage to the add the needed to die during a low heal phase to help push the tide in a positive direction.

But it makes sense they cant give us mana free spells because our dps spells double as both use for damage AND heals.
    Last edited by Symmone; 2016-07-01 at 03:50 PM.

Id rather they work with what we have now so it doesnt end up being an issue where we sit around twiddling our thumbs in raid.
    Isn't this really only a concern if you are going oom far sooner than other healers? Last I remember from raid testing it was the opposite (with disc mana being far higher than any other healers at the time of most wipes) If that pattern holds true for 6+ min fights, then you'll never get to the "sitting around doing nothing to conserve mana", at worst you'll just switch to your most efficient dps spells and scale back on any mana hogs.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was in LFR and tested some talents for attonement heal and only absorb/direct heals. in the 3 LFR runs i always went oom really quick. i don´t play disc perfectly, but at the rate i went oom was astounding. i hope blizz reduces the mana cost of some spells , or i need do get better at the mana management .

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fzT1tWX7HgbvMaZV#fight=3"
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1Hy4raG8Rn9Q2kJb"