Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The fact that any logical sane person would say someone who says no to that question is illogical and insane, proves that rape being bad is objective.
    Leave me alone octopus, you shouldn't be able to talk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    And you have still not shown that it is an objective moral truth.
    Every single culture in every single region of earth have found that Punishment for innocent people is objectively wrong.

Here is the point, people may know it's objectively wrong and still do it.

Not a single culture on earth has had innocent people punished for no reason. They will always give a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    I don't know anything with certainty , thats a given, but we can make some assumptions for ease of conversation, such as, I exist, the fact that there are dozens of different answers to the question "is rape bad?" probably means subjectivity and nuance reigns supreme in morality
    People can ignore what their brain instinctively tells them all the time, all it takes is subjective reasoning to justify the action. That reasoning may be devoid of logic, proper brain functions or misinformation. That doesnt inherantly make natural law subjective.

And you have still not shown that it is an objective moral truth.
    Its unprovable at this moment in our undert=standing of human nature. Anyone saying concretely one way or another simply does not know with any certainty.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who claim that they can prove objective morality I have only one thing to say: Why are you not extremely famous and rich yet? I mean if you can prove that objective morality exists you would become world famous and receive multiple awards and prices. That fact that this very subject is still discussed among scholars and philosophers proves that there are no proof of objective morality yet. If there were real proof for objective morality the discussion would already be over.

So what are you waiting for? Go and get those awards and prices, get rich and famous!

Why is it not? When it is okay to punish an innocent person? Or kill and torture a baby. Or rape someone. When are those things okay? When someone's culture says so? I'd say their culture needs some enlightenment.
    Lacking in logic and reason. Its simple and everyone is over complicating this by trying to prove the presently unprovable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Every single culture in every single region of earth have found that Punishment for innocent people is objectively wrong.

Here is the point, people may know it's objectively wrong and still do it.

Not a single culture on earth has had innocent people punished for no reason. They will always give a reason.
    Wrong. As I've already pointed out there have been multiple cultures throughout history that sacrificed people they considered innocent of any crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Is there any part of morality that is objective? Some people think abortion is wrong, many people don't. Same could be said with genital mutilation or body piercings. Hundreds of years ago there were individuals that thought it was morally justifiable to enslave other human beings.

What is your stance on how subjective or objective morality is?
    The PRINCIPLE behind morality is objective. It's just, at its core, the Golden Rule.
    The ADAPTATION of morality is relative, because it must takes context into consideration.

Deleted
    For those who claim that they can prove objective morality I have only one thing to say: Why are you not extremely famous and rich yet? I mean if you can prove that objective morality exists you would become world famous and receive multiple awards and prices. That fact that this very subject is still discussed among scholars and philosophers proves that there are no proof of objective morality yet. If there were real proof for objective morality the discussion would already be over.

So what are you waiting for? Go and get those awards and prices, get rich and famous!
    Because these are not hard questions that are mulled over by Scholars and philosophers. these are things every sane and functioning human knows. Punishment is bad and punishing people for no reason is bad.

I disagree, I think objectivity is the only of two that logically makes sense. Subjectivity contradicts itself. You can't say "I believe this is wrong but that culture doesn't and neither of us is incorrect." Doesn't make any sense.
    Its still without proof. You can disagree all you want but neither side of this discussion can say one way or the other with any precision.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, I think objectivity is the only of two that logically makes sense. Subjectivity contradicts itself. You can't say "I believe this is wrong but that culture doesn't and neither of us is incorrect." Doesn't make any sense.
    It makes sense if you consider morality to be subjective.

Deleted
    Wrong. As I've already pointed out there have been multiple cultures throughout history that sacrificed people they considered innocent of any crime.
    Name one.

Aztecs didn't see Sacrifice as a Punishment. You actually want to tangle with a person who wrote a thesis on Aztecs? Go ahead. I will fucking destroy any argument you have.

Not to mention innocent to that culture is as good as stating "this is subjective morality at work"

Because these are not hard questions that are mulled over by Scholars and philosophers. these are things every sane and functioning human knows. Punishment is bad and punishing people for no reason is bad.
    We think we know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can guarantee that you would become rich and famous if you could prove that objective morality exists. Guarantee it.

Not to mention innocent to that culture is as good as stating "this is subjective morality at work"
    Subjective reasoning to justify immoral actions, possibly. Can you tell me how these cultures thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Subjective reasoning, to justify immoral actions, possibly.
    immoral... to us.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

immoral... to us.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    You think. Simply your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You think. Simply only your opinion.
    In your opinion

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Deleted
    What is morality? And who is the greater being you believe in that judges? Same with truth, meaning... Infinite possibilities no better or worse one.
    Last edited by mmocb759c3dfe2; 2016-07-04 at 06:04 AM.