Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I'd like to add for some people I saw making various wormholes and stuff. Those are all being made into toys with 7.0 so if you already have them your DH wont need them. Wormhole Generators, Blingtrons, and Teleporters (Winterspring, Gadgetzan, Toshley's Station, Area 52), Loot-a-rang, and I'm sure a few others I'm missing.
    You won't need to craft them again, but you'll still need engineering to use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    You won't need to craft them again, but you'll still need engineering to use them.
    I know, but a few people have them stockpiled judging by the screenshots, they'd be better off trying to sell them since they more than likely already have them.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Dopefreshx View Post
    Looks lacking compared to some of these but it's got everything I need. First Aid, LW & Engi from 1-700, mats for jeeves and some bags. I still plan on playing my current main a whole bunch so it can handle the fishing, cooking, etc. Have a heap of baleful stuff stashed away too ofc.

Some of the less common ones of the top of my head...
    3rd, 4th & 5th collumn - Archaeology keystones, blood of the mountain & various engineering gizmo's. Teleports, mailbox, loot-a-rang (which btw are all turning into toys! exception being jeeves and I see you have the mats for one already).
    7th & 8th collumn - Mats for trading post auctioneer (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=36948), Scryers rep stuff and some repair bots (mats for jeeves).
    About all I can see that might be unusual.

edit: beaten to it!
    Sorry late to the party here, but is that really all you need to level leatherworking? just those 11 stacks of whatever those are?

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    Sorry late to the party here, but is that really all you need to level leatherworking? just those 11 stacks of whatever those are?
    3250 raw beast hide can take you 1-700.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    Nice, didn't know that. How exactly? Can I basically copy+paste the screen above to up all the professions? Is there a guide somewhere explaining the process?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth reminding that if you are fine with leveling your profession for a longer time, all you need is 300 (to get access to professions quests). All the recipe in Legion are available with 1 [profession skill], and that includes gathering where (afaik) you get the full component and not some lesser version.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no real advantage being 700 when Legion starts -except having a char that has everything leveled to the max which is always nice. ^^
    Last edited by Yorgl; 2016-07-04 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Generally speaking professions are a joke. 300 is enough, more brings no bonus.
    I'll level my DH to 100, inscription and herbalism to 300 and I'm ready. Maybe I farm some transmog...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyongia View Post
    Generally speaking professions are a joke. 300 is enough, more brings no bonus.
    I'll level my DH to 100, inscription and herbalism to 300 and I'm ready. Maybe I farm some transmog...
    I see you know nothing about Legion professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldboy View Post
    Nice, didn't know that. How exactly? Can I basically copy+paste the screen above to up all the professions? Is there a guide somewhere explaining the process?
    Sorry - realized checking in game that gets you 1-650. Last 50 points is combo of daily cooldowns, buying a gear recipe, and/or refurbishing kits. You only have to make 1 recipe for the 1-650 part. Any of the 10 pointers you get at the beginning.

As far as other professions, I recall maxing jewelcrafting and alchemy really really fast on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    You can do it with 2135, but I went with 2200 to be safe. Make Drums of Fury from 1-650 & Leather Refurbishing Kit from 650-700. Requires some messing around in your garrison to get a few buildings and such.

I ended up changing since though, dropped lw and will be picking up alch instead. Leatherworking really didn't offer me any benefit. Trinkets in legion for the most part are super underwhelming, the alchemy only one is quite powerful though.

There are supposed to be capstone recipes that aren't available at lower skill levels. It doesn't hurt to have them leveled up all the way considering all the free mats you can get currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I see you know nothing about Legion professions.
    Maybe you tell me where I'm wrong? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    It's worth reminding that if you are fine with leveling your profession for a longer time, all you need is 300 (to get access to professions quests). All the recipe in Legion are available with 1 [profession skill], and that includes gathering where (afaik) you get the full component and not some lesser version.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no real advantage being 700 when Legion starts -except having a char that has everything leveled to the max which is always nice. ^^
    Some professions require higher skill than 300, like Enchanting, You need 500+ and even rep with certain factions in order to do the Tome of Illusions.

I was gonna say 11 stacks is not 3250, he has 2200 raw beast hides haha. So i was confused so 2200 can get you from 1-650? Would you recommend doing this? During pre-patch?

I quit WoW back in '07 and came back for WoD when DHs were announced. I don't have a main as I intend to play the DH as a main.

Help me out with some ideas as to how I can kill time these final two months to prepare for my DH's arrival.

Examples of what I have done:
    - I bought huge ogre caches because I want to quickly build up a Garrison for my DH just to have one
    - I farmed a lot of items needed to get Scryer rep to Exalted because I want my DH siding with Elves
    - I have mats needed to level Inscription, First Aid, Cooking
    - I have 11 hexweave bags ready to go
    - I keep my level 100s busy in Garrisons getting gold to give to DH

Any other ideas on random stuff I could be farming, working on, etc? I know it's not pertinent or required for the DH, but I'd like to have something to do on my 100s that's prepping for my DH. Anything not mentioned yet in this thread?

Deleted
    I am not sure if it my question hasent been asked yet but will we be able to get a garrison for fast professions leveling at the pre patch?

Prep'd and ready! 8/8 x 8 class T3s can't wait for dat wardrobe!
    Last edited by Zeals; 2016-07-06 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeals View Post

Prep'd and ready! 8/8 x 8 class T3s can't wait for dat wardrobe!
    How did u exactly get that t3 rogue stuff? (If vanilla rogue, still it is a rogue set?)

Quote Originally Posted by asdawsd View Post
    How did u exactly get that t3 rogue stuff? (If vanilla rogue, still it is a rogue set?)
    tier 3 items have no class restrictions. iirc they were from quests which were class specific, so putting a class restriction on the set itself was not necessary. You got your naxx tokens and turned them in at a vendor through a quest or something like that. If you get it off the BMAH nowadays, you just need it to be your armor type to transmog it and in legion, those items will be in the wardrobe. Doesn't matter whose set it is. Mage can wear warlock and priest tier 3, death knight can wear paladin or warrior and so on.

This is what I have prepared so far:

Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-07-10 at 09:43 AM.