I'd rather see our 4pc be "Casting New Moon, Half Moon, and Full Moon cause your next Lunar Strike to be a critical strike. Stacks up to 3 times." That way you can store up 4pc-stacks and empowerments for a major wombo-combo for burst AOE.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Well, keep in mind that they don't want set bonuses to be as strong as they were in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, keep in mind that they don't want set bonuses to be as strong as they were in WoD.
    Average bonuses at 3-5%. This is like adding 4 crits per minute to Lunar Strike. THis would probably land at 3-6% depending on player skill.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    is there a set best spec and rotation yet?

or still tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    is there a set best spec and rotation yet?

or still tuning?
    Tuning is gonna last till release. We got another month.

Tuning aside, do Balance druids have a decent enough toolkit for Mythic+ dungeons?
    Hows the AOE capability looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeron View Post
    Tuning aside, do Balance druids have a decent enough toolkit for Mythic+ dungeons?
    Hows the AOE capability looking?
    Not great. Balance druids like ele and affliction warlocks have too much ramp up for their AoE to be good mythic+ dungeon classes until they reduce the ramp up.

They're also in the crappy place of being the one caster besides ele shaman with totally shitty utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Not great. Balance druids like ele and affliction warlocks have too much ramp up for their AoE to be good mythic+ dungeon classes until they reduce the ramp up.

They're also in the crappy place of being the one caster besides ele shaman with totally shitty utility.
    I'm in a reasonably small guild, and we are likely to use Mythic+ as much as raiding. I was hoping to love a ranged dps class as we are melee heavy but in terms of aoe/cleave, melee just seem to trump them at Mythic+ viability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

Ele has ramp up?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Just finished a night of mythic and mythic+2, 3, 4. 4 had bolstering and was just such a nightmare with our DH Tank, 2 Fire Mage and Holy pally team. In terms of dps, I really just did my best to dot and spam the hell out of LS as fast as I could. I only used starfall a few times, really. My guildies were very kind to me and very encouraging despite being almost half their damage at just a few ilvls lower.

In the end I felt very frustrated by not being able to contribute more. Also, the feeling of being discouraged got me a bit paranoid even, wondering if I was doing something awfully and completely wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Klapi View Post
    And this is the thing. Couldn't even read it cause just woke up and i'm still blurry but you need to do 10 million things as an owl to do not even decent but acceptable dps . Whereas if I log to my bm hunter I headbutt my keyboard and top dps. Boomkins were never good in 5 man scenarios but they will be even more useless in Legion. White knights can defend the class all they want but no one will take a boomer into mythic + that has any other alternative.
    First of all this is a small how-to-guide on tanking with guardian affinity, not how to do proper dps as boomkin. I am not sure how feral affinity looks for balance druids, but I can imagine it can do wonders in dungeons, as a resto druid I can outdps a lot of people with it, especially single target, so I can imagine balance druids being able to pull some extra numbers with it.
    Also a while back we brought my balance druid friend to a mythic 10 and he could keep up with enhancement shamans on pretty much everything, at least until challenge mode kicked in and he lost all his haste gems.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Ele has ramp up?
    Earthquake absolutely has ramp up. It costs nearly the equivalent of resources of Starfall, and it's their AoE source now that chain lightning has been nerfed to make way for it.

If you take Icefury there's also the ramp up of wanting about 70-80 maelstrom to dump your 4 empowered frost shocks.

Ele most definitely struggles a fair bit less than balance druids because of overloads and the fact that their starsurge (lava burst, yes it still hits hard with the proper talents) generates resources instead of costing them, and with lava surge and now non-cd flame shocks they have our old version of shooting stars starsurge machine gun and multiple dotted targets.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-07-04 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    First of all this is a small how-to-guide on tanking with guardian affinity, not how to do proper dps as boomkin. I am not sure how feral affinity looks for balance druids, but I can imagine it can do wonders in dungeons, as a resto druid I can outdps a lot of people with it, especially single target, so I can imagine balance druids being able to pull some extra numbers with it.
    Also a while back we brought my balance druid friend to a mythic 10 and he could keep up with enhancement shamans on pretty much everything, at least until challenge mode kicked in and he lost all his haste gems.
    What does that mean? Sockets dont work at one point? Did i miss soemthing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerxyrall View Post
    What does that mean? Sockets dont work at one point? Did i miss soemthing?
    Sockets won't work, not sure if it has been fixed yet, but don't think it has, sockets stop working when timer runs out because the game treats it as challenge mode.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Sockets won't work, not sure if it has been fixed yet, but don't think it has, sockets stop working when timer runs out because the game treats it as challenge mode.
    Okay so only a bug and hence irrelevant.
    Thanks

Some beta Balance WeakAuras: AP bar, Owlkin Frenzy procs, Sunfire/Moonfire status on target. WA strings here: https://gist.github.com/elithrar/02e...1bf60c143e25d2

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what we will be stacking as far as stats?? just so i can prep up for legion. also anyone know what talents we are going for? and the artifact tree to follow? anything would help or maybe i missed it on a forum post?

Im pretty certain the most optimal path is to the up and right. Stop for Power of Goldrin as its a strong single node. Grab up Moon and Stars and backtrack towards Sythe of the stars (very strong talent) and then pick up Echoing Stars. Fill in after that probably in the order of Solar Stabbing then Sunfire Burns then Twilight Glow. Unless im really bad at artifact power farming I think we can probably get to AT LEAST Moon and Stars. I think if you worked really hard on it getting every artifact world quests you might be able to get up to sunblind. However you might just want to get Moon and Stars and maybe put some points into getting another node in another artifact. Once you get up to about 500% your newer artifact weapons go much faster.

In terms of stat prio. Im under the assumption that one of the more catch all stat priorities are Haste > Crit > Vers > Mastery.
    The reason mastery seems so low is that we have multiple talents and artifact nodes that reduce the value of mastery. We get a free 45% mastery from Falling Stars. 10% from Empowerment and 15% from Soul of the Forest. If mastery were to affect starsurge or our dots this could change but considering how far into beta we are, this is rather unlikely.
    Haste is high because we are a generation class now. We dont get any added bonus to our generation from our crits or how many targets are hit. We gain Astral Power from how many casts we get off and with a talent how many ticks of our dots go off (Shooting Stars). So we get to a certain haste point (cant recall it maybe someone can elaborate) then start working on crit.

This is just all what Ive gathered and from my experience on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Oculusdeath View Post
    Does anyone know what we will be stacking as far as stats?? just so i can prep up for legion. also anyone know what talents we are going for? and the artifact tree to follow? anything would help or maybe i missed it on a forum post?
    We are stacking haste > crit > mastery basically. Especially during WoD prepatch due to no PoG (power of goldrinn, artifact thing) which would decrease the value of FoE (not making it as mandatory) and lower astral generation from no MoonMoon which will very highly devalue our mastery stat. So in WoD, even vers should be better than mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhere View Post
    We are stacking haste > crit > mastery basically. Especially during WoD prepatch due to no PoG (power of goldrinn, artifact thing) which would decrease the value of FoE (not making it as mandatory) and lower astral generation from no MoonMoon which will very highly devalue our mastery stat. So in WoD, even vers should be better than mastery.
    How does no PoG, which would be less Starsurge effective damage, devalue FoE? I would say the opposite would stand.