Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What will there be to do in Legion for casuals?

So with my work at the moment (2 week rotational shift) I can't commit to any raiding.

I've also done my fair share of arena in the past (hit 2.2k) and am just too old for that shit now trying to find nice players or people who stick around.

So with that said, one of the best things I enjoyed about Pandaria and WoD was the challenge modes and the fact they allow you to do hard content and get lovely rewards without the need for gear (to a degree).

I also know that no new battlegrounds are getting implemented which is a bit of a let down playing the same old shizniz.

Since I'm not in Legion and haven't found any particularly useful videos, what will there be to do in Legion for casuals?

New challenge modes should make you happy plus there's the world quest system which from what I've seen looks very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    New challenge modes should make you happy plus there's the world quest system which from what I've seen looks very promising.
    do you mean the mythic plus?
    cause key system is far from casual mechanic

There is as much organised content accessible to time-constrained players as other players will let there be.
    Organised content is not itself a barrier to casual play inherently.
    It is players that make it that way.

If you get a good guild or group of friends then a lot should remain accessible to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Depends on your definition of casual I guess. For me I think of casual players as people who play very irregular schedules and for more limited times than raiders and such stuff. The key system will allow casual players to engage in content that is on par to their skills on their own schedules!

From what I've been reading in the different Q&As though seems like there is more available now than there has been ever before. Lets hope it pans out.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

when you get to the high levels, yeah it's hard, but the first 3 levels aren't much harder than heroic 5-mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Project 501D13R View Post
    when you get to the high levels, yeah it's hard, but the first 3 levels aren't much harder than heroic 5-mans.
    dont even have to get that far up, just the fact that you lose a key if people fuck around or afk is not casual friendly

World quests, pet battles, class halls, dungeons, casual battlegrounds, profession quest progression and lfr (for some reason they're keeping it).

Basically all the aspects of the game except for Heroic and Mythic raiding...

Deleted
    Well there are World Quests, which should keep you busy if you enjoy adventuring in the open world.
    You can level up your artifact weapon, by doing content like dungeons or world quests etc.
    There are Class Hall campaigns, which reveal the story of Legion and several characters and progress the story of your class, we will be trying to *find* significant allies to march against the Legion. Those campaigns don't have gear requirement and can't be completed all at once, so you are kept busy over time.
    You can search for your Artifact's hidden appearances and then farm their respective recolors.

That's all I think, but World Quests alone offer a lot of content and more will be added during the expansion. Legion seems to offer a lot of content for the variety of players, from casual to hardcore, from those who prefer dungeon only to raiding, etc.

I've played the legion beta for about 3 weeks and i'm already bored. Maybe im just tired of wow in general, but surprisingly im finding the live servers a lot better than the beta and thats pretty scary considering i was sick of wod before i stepped in the beta servers. There isnt much outside of random bgs, stupidly easy dungeons, and rep/artifact power grind.

As of now this will be just another "current expansion is the worst ever, i which we were still in the previous one".
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2016-07-04 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    I've played the legion beta for about 3 weeks and i'm already bored. Maybe im just tired of wow in general, but surprisingly im finding the live servers a lot better than the beta and thats pretty scary considering i was sick of wod before i stepped in the beta servers. There isnt much outside of ramdom bgs, stupidly easy dungeons, and rep/artifact power grind.

As of now this will be just another "current expansion is the worst ever, i which we were still in the previous one".
    waaaaaa really?! i had to stop because i would get too serious... theres a shitload of stuff, did you finish the ELEVEN chapters of suramar?

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    waaaaaa really?! i had to stop because i would get too serious... theres a shitload of stuff, did you finish the ELEVEN chapters of suramar?
    Suramar questing is in fact one of the things that turned me off, in comparison to the normal lvling zones the quality of the writing and the fun fact of the quests took a massive dip. Questing is imo the best they've ever done, until Suramar...

https://youtu.be/TLzhlsEFcVQ?t=1m4s
    Seriously tho, this expansion is tailored towards casuals, newbies and well... n00bs ;3
    Not that there wont be any "hard" content, but there is a reason why we get such shitty class design and pruning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Mikey View Post
    So with my work at the moment (2 week rotational shift) I can't commit to any raiding.

I've also done my fair share of arena in the past (hit 2.2k) and am just too old for that shit now trying to find nice players or people who stick around.

So with that said, one of the best things I enjoyed about Pandaria and WoD was the challenge modes and the fact they allow you to do hard content and get lovely rewards without the need for gear (to a degree).

I also know that no new battlegrounds are getting implemented which is a bit of a let down playing the same old shizniz.

Since I'm not in Legion and haven't found any particularly useful videos, what will there be to do in Legion for casuals?

Just raid normals. Get to see the content, not faceroll like LFR, and you can do it on your schedule.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    https://youtu.be/TLzhlsEFcVQ?t=1m4s
    Seriously tho, this expansion is tailored towards casuals, newbies and well... n00bs ;3
    Not that there wont be any "hard" content, but there is a reason why we get such shitty class design and pruning.
    Casual doesn't mean you're a bad player or that you like easy content. It means you put less time into the game...

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Suramar questing is in fact one of the things that turned me off, in comparison to the normal lvling zones the quality of the writing and the fun fact of the quests took a massive dip. Questing is imo the best they've ever done, until Suramar...
    Wow.... Suramar for me was the top storytelling shit i was really enjoying it and wanted to see what happens. You may have WoW "i have to go" sickness.

Pretty much everything other than mythic raiding.

dont even have to get that far up, just the fact that you lose a key if people fuck around or afk is not casual friendly
    casual players dont have to fuck around or afk.
    Find a guild of likeminded casual players who are skilled but dont have a strict schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    Well there are World Quests, which should keep you busy if you enjoy adventuring in the open world.
    OK... I see this a lot... and I have to say that World Quests are, for the most part, the EXACT same quests you did leveling up to 110. So basically you level through almost all the quests, then do 30 random repeats of those quests each day.

Think of it as questing... again.

7+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to being casual I'm as casual as it gets and man I'm seriously looking forward to all the new world quests and stuff for the artifacts. There's plenty to do you have to go out and find it.

Signature by Serryn