Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Lmao at the people saying he should've taken his finger off the trigger....

Its like watching a football play in slow mo and bitching the QB didnt make the right read with a LB breathing down his neck..

Shit happens FAST in real life, you dont know how you're gonna react until you're in the situation... If you've ever had a shell casing fall in your shirt... you'll know it hurts like a bitch, and a persons natural reaction and instinct takes over... He's not gonna stop, while being burned, think " Ok first let me just put this here gun down, unload it, put the safety on, and then figure out whats burning the fuck out of me!

Like jesus, it was a fucking accident, and one that he'll regret for the rest of his life.

You people need to get a grip.
    this /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    What happened?? I don't get it... It said he was using the same hand as he was holding the gun with? What? He decocked the gun manually with one hand and accidentally shot him? Or the bullet was a ricochet? If it was a ricochet I feel really bad for the guy...that's terrible bad luck, but if he was trying to show him something cool and shot him out of stupidity, then hes a idiot.....
    a hot shell casing(the part that gets thrown out the gun) went down his shirt and he went after it with the gun in his hand, you aren't gonna think "hey let me set this gun down" while you have a shell casing burning the shit out of you

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    What happened?? I don't get it... It said he was using the same hand as he was holding the gun with? What? He decocked the gun manually with one hand and accidentally shot him? Or the bullet was a ricochet? If it was a ricochet I feel really bad for the guy...that's terrible bad luck, but if he was trying to show him something cool and shot him out of stupidity, then hes a idiot.....
    1) Fire gun
    2) Shell casing flies in your shirt
    3) Try to get it out with the same hand you used to fire the gun, hand still on trigger
    4) ????
    5) Your son is now dead

Mental level: Slicing your throat because a mosquito bit you in the neck when you were gutting a fish by the lake
    Last edited by CptHandjob; 2016-07-05 at 03:04 AM.

Well this was at a gun range so no amount of gun control is going to stop this kind of thing. Obviously proper gun safety should teach you to never use a gun like that, but in a split second semi-autonomous movement that kind of thing can happen. Presumably the range will tighten up its safety precautions.

Do ranges usually allow people to stand around beside/behind shooters? Though I guess it could just as easily hit another shooter beside him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CptHandjob View Post
    P.S. lolicon is the genre/person, not the target of attraction
    Yeah that's the loli.

Or "lolita" to use the original English term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

lol i guess someone got butthurt and reported one of my posts, didn't even say anything that wasn't true

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    The problem with your argument of "what if X kind of person uses this" is its not very realistic.

Things like decommissioned tanks cost serious money. Then recommissioning them cost even more money. Then getting ATF approval for munitions cost more money and approval. On top of all that you have to find a company willing to sell you those munitions to a civilian.

Believe it or not, things like the armored vehicle market is pretty exclusive in the USA. You basically have to be vetted or part of a .gov agency (or have a contract) for these people to do business with you.

If you, as an average Joe walked into an APC makers factory (we have one here in GA) and said, "You don't know me, but I have the money, sell me an APC" they are going to turn your ass right out the door.

Liability keeps them in check.
    Good thing the Second Amendment isn't applied to APCs, or people would have a right to be able to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Well, what alternatives will honest folk have once Emperor Obummer seizes absolute control and starts using drone strikes against all dissenters to his rule?
    He better speed it up since he only have 6 months left in office. but we might need guns to be able to defend ourself vs the right wing tyranny that might come into office if trump wins. we probably need an armed attack to retake the country from those fascists.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not just allow everyone to drive a Abrams Tank on the streets, really that should make us all safe. perhaps if we all had a long range nuke missile it would make us safe. really more weapons doesnt make anyone more safe, and it is never an accident when you kill someone with a gun, IT IS NEVER an accident since you are ALWAYS violating the #1 rule in gun safety.

IT IS ALWAYS LOADED that rule is there if it is loaded or not doesnt matter ALWAYS treat the weapon as it is loaded and ready to be firing bullets into someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    like i said, if you have 0 clue what you're saying, you could stay out of the conversation
    you seem to have issues with the opinions of people and want to others to regurgitate whatever fluffy opinion you have of life...

no worries, this is a good place to educate yourself.

like in the case of the murderer... who has actually said it was not the gun that killed his kid.... it was him who killed him...

since you do seem to have issues coming up with some sort of opinion regarding the topic or anything really, allow me to help you...
    dont take comments of others personally, its petty and makes mods happy during their midday ban

stay on topic and try to articulate your ideas clearly... remember, its a computer, you can type and read it out loud to yourself. if it makes sense to you, start all over again, no one is going to understand what you are trying to say.

i.e.: something about having zero clues about how to reply to posts and state opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    And after he pulled the trigger...his finger should be off of it. And the idiot used the same hand that was holding the gun to grab the bullet.
    I mean it's easy to say things like that but if it isn't drilled into you until it's in the muscle memory, it's easy for your hands to do something crazy and unexpected in the heat of the moment (get it?) when something hot lands on your skin and your animal instincts kick in.

All it takes is a split-second lapse in judgement.

that being said I don't think the father should be charged, what happened is punishment enough

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Another day, another round of preventable deaths.

The strange part to me is they're already calling this an "accident."

Doesn't sound like an accident to me, and that was sure a quick "investigation."
    Really wish I knew your definition of "accident" then because this sounds 100% like one. For this to not be an accident, the dad would have had to turn, point the gun at the kid, and pull the trigger knowingly. That's not what happened here. A shell, which are insanely hot after being fired, went down the back of his shirt and he reacted by reaching back with what was most likely his dominant hand to get it out without thinking. Sadly, in this case, he happened to have a gun in his hand still and his son was standing behind him, which most likely he wasn't supposed to be. Yes, the dad is at fault for not following proper gun range safety, which rule number 1 is pretty much "Never point a gun anywhere but downrange." but at the end of the day, this is an accident, not intentional like you're making it to be.

There's really nothing to investigate here; an incident occurred and a kid is dead. It wasn't on purpose, therefore it's an accident, and no punishment that dad could be given is going to cause him more grief then the fact he accidentally killed his own child.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    must be a slow news day.

if only there was a way to ensure that people were properly trained in firearm safety.

- - - Updated - - -

well, spent casings are very hot. As in you can get burns. he probably acted on reflex. doesnt excuse his actions, but i doubt it was intentional.
    It's not real hard to maintain muzzle awareness with hot brass down your shirt. I've had 2 cases go down the back of my shirt and done the hokey pokey dance trying to get my shirt tail while still shooting a match on the clock. I've seen girls take hot brass to the cleavage and clear their tops of said brass while keeping it pointed in a safe direction.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    you seem to have issues with the opinions of people and want to others to regurgitate whatever fluffy opinion you have of life...

no worries, this is a good place to educate yourself.

like in the case of the murderer... who has actually said it was not the gun that killed his kid.... it was him who killed him...

since you do seem to have issues coming up with some sort of opinion regarding the topic or anything really, allow me to help you...
    dont take comments of others personally, its petty and makes mods happy during their midday ban

stay on topic and try to articulate your ideas clearly... remember, its a computer, you can type and read it out loud to yourself. if it makes sense to you, start all over again, no one is going to understand what you are trying to say.

i.e.: something about having zero clues about how to reply to posts and state opinions
    you can have whatever opinion you like, just don't bring some idiotic opinion into a conversation you don't actually know anything about, you're just looking for a reason to scream "take the guns"

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Imagine the news from 2,000 years later, when the technology has put the current one to shame...

"Father accidentally detonates an antimatter bomb, purges a star system"
    He needs those antimatter bombs, to defend his FAMILY

No sympathy for this "father", your child is now dead because of your stupidity and your dangerous and stupid hobby. As a parent, it's your one and single job to protect your children, congratulations on being a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    lol Which happened as he was firing... When you shoot at a range you fire until empty. The cartridge went into his shirt as he was firing...

Again don't talk about gun safety. It's very clear you don't know shit.
    You know I own a gun, I fire it all the time, I've gotten stung by the shell casings numerous times on my arm, falling in my shirt, and I got to ask what you think the person your responding doesn't understand? If you fire a gun you should know what the burn of a hot casing feels like, and from a hand gun it's nowhere near so bad that you can't have the self control to take your finger off the trigger and put the gun down before trying to remove it.

The first time I had it happened to me I certainly didn't try to fish it out with the freaking gun still in my hand. If you don't have the self control to handle this basic common place occurrence when firing a gun, then you know what you don't deserve a gun.

I used to argue for gun owner's and gun rights all the time but the more I see foolish deaths like what happened here, and then people with your kind of response acting like others don't understand gun safety and the father's actions where completely within the norm, the more I start to realize that maybe there is just way to much freedom to have guns, people are just to stupid.

Damn, I probably would have just shot myself if I just accidentally killed my son. Not sure how I could go on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    You know I own a gun, I fire it all the time, I've gotten stung by the shell casings numerous times on my arm, falling in my shirt, and I got to ask what you think the person your responding doesn't understand? If you fire a gun you should know what the burn of a hot casing feels like, and from a hand gun it's nowhere near so bad that you can't have the self control to take your finger off the trigger and put the gun down before trying to remove it.

The first time I had it happened to me I certainly didn't try to fish it out with the freaking gun still in my hand. If you don't have the self control to handle this basic common place occurrence when firing a gun, then you know what you don't deserve a gun.

I used to argue for gun owner's and gun rights all the time but the more I see foolish deaths like what happened here, and then people with your kind of response acting like others don't understand gun safety and the father's actions where completely within the norm, the more I start to realize that maybe there is just way to much freedom to have guns, people are just to stupid.
    I don't get it either. Safety is little the flick of a switch. Done with one hand, the one hand that is already on the weapon. This guy was either and idiot or completely clueless to basic range safety procedures. It's probably a little bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Damn, I probably would have just shot myself if I just accidentally killed my son. Not sure how I could go on.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it either. Safety is little the flick of a switch. Done with one hand, the one hand that is already on the weapon. This guy was either and idiot or completely clueless to basic range safety procedures. It's probably a little bit of both.
    The hot casing was a danger to him and he needed his gun to protect himself from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Your talking about maybe 3-5 seconds of actions here. I know it easy to judge with hindsight while sitting on the sidelines, but this isn't nothing but a freak acident
    Of course it's an accident, that's not the point, it's an easily avoidable accident.
    Basic, and I mean very basic gun training teaches you not to have your finger on the trigger unless you are shooting. It's the second thing your taught, right behind "Don't point a gun at something unless you mean to shoot it". These are the first things I and many others were taught at a very young age.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    If someone who knows how to shoot starts shooting at you, you are likely dead anyway. And there is a much higher chance of someone shooting at you if everyone is able to purchase guns freely.

Guns for entertainment is even sillier, in my opinion. There is a lot of air guns for those who really love to shoot. Otherwise, if we should indulge people who want to shoot their rifles for fun in their spare time, should we indulge people who want to shoot a military aircraft too?

I am neither pro-gun nor anti-gun, I just don't see the point of it all. Lots of countries do fine without soft gun laws, and yet the US, as always, wants to be different from everyone for some weird reason.
    Most of the time you hear about gun violence and accidents in america more often because our media latches on it. It makes the media money.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    rightwingers will argue and say stuff like "well if the son would've had a gun he could've defended himself against the gun of his dad" #whitetrashamericanlogic101