Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, the dash cam or body cam will definitely tell us the whole story. It really does seem though that he announced having a gun and still went for his ID, which is something you shouldn't do.
    Pretty much this^ The video is after the shooting. Something is definitely up as it shows many officers sitting around the car with guns drawn. The officer that did the shooting, still sitting there with his gun on the victim. There is a lot missing that we should see/hear before jumping to conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any footage before the shots? That's the most important part.

That's the problem with these videos. You never see the whole thing. Just like the other one where you don't see the guys left arm.

It's all just speculation.

The man's name has been released and he passed away.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Listen, I know its the cool thing to do, hate cops and all that, but lets not be trollish here.

If the cops walks up to your window and you already have license and registration in your hand for a traffic stop, I PROMISE YOU he cannot search your vehicle for preemptively getting your license and registration out after being pulled over.
    No they don't. Moving around in your car=probable cause.

But continue to patronize me. It kind of turns me on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Is there any footage before the shots? That's the most important part.

That's the problem with these videos. You never see the whole thing. Just like the other one where you don't see the guys left arm.

It's all just speculation.
    That's why people have been asking for mandatory body cameras. It's usually the next best thing to actually seeing things from the cops perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

But continue to patronize me. It kind of turns me on.
    no it's not, simply reaching for your license/registration is fine. if you're sitting there throwing shit everywhere in your car thats a different story

"I do not consent to a search of my vehicle"

They are going to do what they want, but by laying out these terms the ball is in their court.

Cash in later.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    no it's not, simply reaching for your license/registration is fine. if you're sitting there throwing shit everywhere in your car thats a different story
    And how can you distinguish the two in the middle of the night?

What if there's a lot of shit in your glove compartment that you have to shuffle through?

Updated the first post.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2016-07-07 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You actually don't want to be getting anything out until the cop says so. They don't like it if you do a lot of moving around in the car as they approach your vehicle. He was driving. The picture is inverted because it's the front camera on a phone.
    "Reynolds, who was driving, says in the video that she was pulled over for a broken tail light." Bad article then.

Its not a lot of moving to get a wallet out. Registration, maybe but with a passenger in the car, you can have them get it for you.

Even still, have your wallet out first. Takes all of 5 seconds to get that out and ready. Wait for the instruction to get the registration if you need to and then do it slowly.

Again though, this was a traffic stop. Ive been pulled over probably 30+ times. In every single instance, Ive already had my license and registration out and ready before the cop even stepped one foot out of his car.

Ive been pulled over atleast 10 times armed. Ive been disarmed by the officers every single time. Ive been given warnings/tickets, handed my gun and clip and re-holstered in front of the cops and off I went. This is CCW 101 shit here.

No its fucking not.

Speaking for myself, when I'm pulled over by a cop I don't reach for anything until instructed to do so.

And how can you distinguish the two in the middle of the night?

What if there's a lot of shit in your glove compartment that you have to shuffle through?
    i keep mine right on top in my center console where i can get to it easily, even though cops usually never even check my insurance/registration since all that comes up when they run my tag. usually just my license so i have it and my ccw waiting to hand to them

i keep mine right on top in my center console where i can get to it easily, even though cops usually never even check my insurance/registration since all that comes up when they run my tag. usually just my license so i have it and my ccw waiting to hand to them
    Well, it's great that you have a system all figured out...but you can't apply your situation to everyone else.

For myself, my car doesn't have a traditional glove compartment...there's a storage drawer underneath the driver's seat where i keep my registration and insurance and what not. It might look pretty suspicious to an officer if I were to start rummaging around in there after getting pulled over.

They ask for all 3 here no matter what, since not carrying any one of them is free overtime money (even though they can absolutely see your details, as you say, but running the plate).

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Listen, I know its the cool thing to do, hate cops and all that, but lets not be trollish here.

If the cops walks up to your window and you already have license and registration in your hand for a traffic stop, I PROMISE YOU he cannot search your vehicle for preemptively getting your license and registration out after being pulled over.
    hahaha this is so wrong. Nice arm chair lawyer. If an officer sees you digging around as he approaches the car it can generate probable cause that you were attempting to hide something or even prompt him before getting to the window that you are reaching for a weapon. You shouldn't dig around for anything until he approaches and asks for those items. It is rule 1. Keep your hands visible and keep movement to a minimum. Will they always search you car if you do what the guy you quoted said, no. Does it open the door for them to? Yes. Does it open a line of questioning as to why you were moving around? Yes. Does it increase their suspicion? Yes.

A cop merely needs probable cause which is based on their observations at the time of the stop. Every single observation including you digging around before they approach the vehicle, to you being nervous even if you are for no good reason, to smell, to you not making eye contact. It is up to them as long as the facts they can claim leaded them to think that criminal activity took place. ie you rummaged around in your car, when questioned about that you stuttered and seemed nervous before claiming you were digging for you license. Door is open for them to keep going with more facts from that point to create more probable cause to justify their search.

It is always 100% better for you to wait until asked than to make any assumptions and actions prior to the officer's request. It is better for you and them that way. There is a reason they hate when people make any moves without being told.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2016-07-07 at 05:56 AM.

black people - a group of people that thrive on their coolness and intimidation factor wonder why people/cops get edgy around them. thug life or only when convenient?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2016-07-07 at 02:23 PM.

While it is true that not all cops are like this, and the vast majority of them are in fact doing their job well, there does need to be a serious reform in the system to try and curb stuff like this. In turn, there should be a class taken in highschool or the likes on proper ways to deal with police encounters. So many people do dumb things around them and wonder why they get hurt. (Not saying that was the case this time)

Cops should be respected because they put their lives on the line to protect and serve, not because of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    black people - a group of people that thrive on their coolness and intimidation factor wonder why people/cops get edgy around them. thug life or only when convenient?
    Don't lump all of a race into a small category, please.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    White people - a group of people that believe all black people are intimidating and cool and therefore react afraid in any social situation with them. See how stupid it is when you make statements like this?

You can't just be like yep, all folks of this race are exactly like this! It doesn't work and makes ya look dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    hahaha this is so wrong. Nice arm chair lawyer. If an officer sees you digging around as he approaches the car it can generate probable cause that you were attempting to hide something or even prompt him before getting to the window that you are reaching for a weapon. You shouldn't dig around for anything until he approaches and asks for those items. It is rule 1. Keep your hands visible and keep movement to a minimum. Will they search you car if you do what the guy you quoted said, no. Does it open the door for them to? Yes. Does it open a line of questioning as to why you were moving around? Yes. Does it increase their suspicion? Yes.

A cop merely needs probable cause which is based on their observations at the time of the stop. Every single observation including you digging around before they approach the vehicle, to you being nervous even if you are for no good reason, to smell, to you not making eye contact. It is up to them as long as the facts they can claim leaded them to think that criminal activity took place. ie you rummaged around in your car, when questioned about that you stuttered and seemed nervous before claiming you were digging for you license. Door is open for them to keep going with more facts from that point to create more probable cause to justify their search.

It is always 100% better for you to wait until asked than to make any assumptions and actions prior to the officer's request. It is better for you and them that way. There is a reason they hate when people make any moves without being told.
    You arent digging around. You arent throwing shit left and right, you get your wallet out of your pocket and you get your registration. 2 movements which are done before the cop can even get out of his vehicle. You people act like the cop is already at your window, gun drawn, the instant his lights turn on.

I get pulled over for a busted tail light, I pull over and stop my vehicle, with in 10 seconds I have both wallet and registration out and in my hand with the window rolled down. Cop walks up, I hand both (or all 3 items over), he runs everything to make sure, gives me a warning and off I go. There is no search/suspicion. There is no gun being drawn. Its a simple traffic stop.

Go sit yourself back down in your arm chair

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    White people - a group of people that believe all black people are intimidating and cool and therefore react afraid in any social situation with them. See how stupid it is when you make statements like this?

You can't just be like yep, all folks of this race are exactly like this! It doesn't work and makes ya look dumb.
    That is true but unfortunately more than 80% are like that ...... hard to spot the one that is different especially in the bad neighborhoods. Safer to just shoot them first.

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-07-07 at 09:39 PM.