Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is the point of pre patch being available to be downloadable now ?

So,
    I cannot upgrade my standard wow game to 7.0.3, so it is basically additional hard drive space wasted, since when patch 7.0.3 will hit live servers it will take blizz couple of hours to implement it. It is more then enough time to download it. So i really do not get the point to pre download it.
    Another useless things they add.
    Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    So,
    I cannot upgrade my standard wow game to 7.0.3, so it is basically additional hard drive space wasted, since when patch 7.0.3 will hit live servers it will take blizz couple of hours to implement it. It is more then enough time to download it. So i really do not get the point to pre download it.
    Cheers,
    Because the point is with the way the system is now, it gets you into the game quicker and when Legion launches it is just a case of flip a switch and the game goes live. Chances are this is how it will be too for pre-patch

People have slow connections.
    People have download limits.

Blizzard has been pushing big patch data in advance for a decade now. GJ on being an ignorant fool.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people live in places where it doesn't take only a couple of hours to download 20gb.

Typical selfish complainer.

Deleted
    OT: Is there a icon to show if you have downloaded the prepatch, i vaguely remember there was one for wod. can someone who has downloaded it take a screen shot if there is

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any icon, on the launcher for WoW.

If you haven't downloaded it, then it will show a downloading green arrow in a box (I think).
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It's been this way for as long as I can remember. They usually make the bulk of the patch downloadable a good week or two in advance so that people with slower connections can get in when it goes live as well as to reduce massive hits to their servers if they were to make it available only a few hours before launch.

While I am a pretty vocal critic of Blizz in regards to the current state of WoW, this is really not one of their problems. This is one of the things they are doing right.

Patch data gets distributed as a BitTorrent kind of deal, so the more people already have the data, the faster things will go for everybody later on...

you really wanna go back to MILLIONS of people downloading the same patch all at once? You are either very very young, very selfish or very dumb.

Cheers,
    More like:
    Another useless thread.

If you don't want, do not download it. I am more than happy to be prepared with patch now rather than waking up at 3am, turning pc on and turning download of new patch on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers,
    You better get a time machine so you can raise this stupid complaint 10 years ago when it was added.

They have done it like this for ages..? And I honestly don't see the harm in "wasting hard drive space" a month earlier anyways. God, people love to complain about anything these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    You are absolutely free to just put the update on hold till it is needed.
    I for one will rather store this data for 2 months and not be limited by the downloadspeed once the patch becomes needed.

So,
    Cheers,
    It doesn't take a couple of hours to implement anything. It's a flip of a switch. There is no Legion at 23:59 and there is Legion at 0:00. You don't even have to logout. I can't download 20Gb in one second, can you?

Deleted
    When they have data 100% nailed down which is going to be used for an upcoming patch, they prefer to give that data to the players as expediently as possible. Prepatching is a way to discretely circumvent the primary impediments to allowing excited players back onto the servers with the new content available.

There is absolutely no purpose to not spread out the data load as much as possible if they are able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It doesn't take a couple of hours to implement anything. It's a flip of a switch. There is no Legion at 23:59 and there is Legion at 0:00. You don't even have to logout. I can't download 20Gb in one second, can you?
    Takes me about 2.5 minutes, but even I can see the advantages of having it in advance.

I simply cannot believe this is anything other than intentional flamebait.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to add a vitriolic comment, but i am covered from the previous posters. Use common sense next time, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Takes me about 2.5 minutes, but even I can see the advantages of having it in advance.
    Damn, what kind of connection do you have? I'm always struggling with this, but doesn't that mean you have 1000Mbit/s? That's damned fast. Glass?

So,
    Cheers,
    Gotta get the hype train rolling.