Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    FFXIV is barely competition to Blizzard.
    Actually, it is. FFXIV has around the same amount - maybe a little more subscribers than WoW atm, so you can say that this MMORPG is a big competitor to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Actually, it is. FFXIV has around the same amount - maybe a little more subscribers than WoW atm, so you can say that this MMORPG is a big competitor to WoW.
    And you know this little anecdote from which toilet wand spraying?

FF has about the same amount of "total account" count as wow has "most likely" active accounts.
    Wow had over 100 million accounts total a few years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post

FF has about the same amount of "total account" count as wow has "most likely" active accounts.
    Ah yeah searched for it, and it is 5 million accounts in total, not actually active subscribers.

It is still on second place though, while World of Warcraft has had their active sub cut over 50%, from 12 million to around 4-5 million as of now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post

this. almost everyone in my guild has an FF account. And nobody is playing it anymore. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    this. almost everyone in my guild has an FF account. And nobody is playing it anymore. ^^
    It was their XP. I blame those god awful moogle quests and crappy raids.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    July 19, FFXIV release the 3.35 patch (Deep Dungeon!). Same day (Tuesday) Legion pre-patch will be released. Mark my words
    Marked for extreme mocking on the 19th. I won't humor you, i'll be happy to get an infraction for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My expert detective skills tells me that the prepatch will be released at some point before August 30th.

Yes, you can quote me on this. I have an inside source.

What if this time around they stopped giving pvp end notice to combat the people just spamming crap the last days to get the title. If you do not know when its ending Its only the ones that play all the time that get it. Like it should be. Not being afk all season only to enter the last days and get the title.

August 2 is still by far the most likely date, and it was even before it became clear this week that July 19 is off the table.

MoP's pre-patch period was exactly 4 weeks. WoD's and WoTLK's pre-patch periods were 4.5 weeks, because both expansions were released on days other than Tuesday, and they only release patches on Tuesday. All 3 expansions were basically the exact same 4 week duration. Cata had a different release cycle because they did two different pre-patches, which isn't what's happening this time. TBC had a longer pre-patch duration because they put out the prepatch before Christmas and the expansion in the new year. Therefore, if you follow the trend from every previous expansion, excluding the 2 outliers, about 4 weeks is exactly what we should expect.

That's not even to mention the fact that they have said repeatedly when asked in interviews since Blizzcon that the pre-patch will be about the same length as previous pre-patches. That means about 4 weeks, folks. Don't be surprised/enraged/devastated when next Tuesday comes and goes and they still haven't given the 2 week PvP season warning; August 2 is a lot more likely than July 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    August 2 is still by far the most likely date, and it was even before it became clear this week that July 19 is off the table.

MoP's pre-patch period was exactly 4 weeks. WoD's and WoTLK's pre-patch periods were 4.5 weeks, because both expansions were released on days other than Tuesday, and they only release patches on Tuesday. All 3 expansions were basically the exact same 4 week duration. Cata had a different release cycle because they did two different pre-patches, which isn't what's happening this time. TBC had a longer pre-patch duration because they put out the prepatch before Christmas and the expansion in the new year. Therefore, if you follow the trend from every previous expansion, excluding the 2 outliers, about 4 weeks is exactly what we should expect.

That's not even to mention the fact that they have said repeatedly when asked in interviews since Blizzcon that the pre-patch will be about the same length as previous pre-patches. That means about 4 weeks, folks. Don't be surprised/enraged/devastated when next Tuesday comes and goes and they still haven't given the 2 week PvP season warning; August 2 is a lot more likely than July 26.
    So becasue they did it in the past and said something like taht month ago it can not change? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Minka View Post
    So becasue they did it in the past and said something like taht month ago it can not change? lol
    Of course it doesn't mean that it CAN'T change. It means that it's unlikely to change and that there isn't really much reason (outside of wishful thinking and wanting the pre-patch out RIGHT NOW) to expect it to.

It's the same reason 90% of the posts predicting the release date of an expansion are grossly (like 3+ months off) over optimistic every single expansion cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And you assume the pre-patch is not introducing issues of its own.
    Even with beta/PTR there are issues that come up, and not just related to stability.

We have been copying characters with mixed results.
    Or creating new ones.
    Who is to say there aren't issues yet to be discovered when a an existing character migrates across.
    Or something else.
    That's what testing is for. Not live, don't be silly.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And you assume the pre-patch is not introducing issues of its own.
    Even with beta/PTR there are issues that come up, and not just related to stability.

We have been copying characters with mixed results.
    Or creating new ones.
    Who is to say there aren't issues yet to be discovered when a an existing character migrates across.
    Or something else.
    Ptr and beta is on hammered servers. Many of the issues in beta will be gone by itself when the game come on servers that arent heavy loaded. Mixed results in char copy can be something as simple as not all get copied over due to overload. Or much much worse like a mousedroid in the datacenter leeching wow info to send back to the empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    That's what testing is for. Not live, don't be silly.
    So that would be why despite PTR, why despite beta bugs still make it to live.
    Look at the farce we have had on every launch so far.
    Now imagine that with only a 1 week window.
    It would be far worse.

There are going to be enough fixes coming post-launch.
    This way we get more of them in prior.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Could they launch it without warning? It would fit the surprise invasion by the Legion theme if they gave no official warning, just warning signs like the launcher patching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    Fixed that for ya. But seriously anyone who would be surprised in any way by a 26th, has not payed one ounce of attention to anything blizzard has done for oh, idk the past decade +? Either way, it's looking like 26th is the earliest we can expect to get the patch now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    really doubt they'd give a 1 week pvp ending notice. They've been doing 2 weeks forever

26th is the earliest the prepatch can come
    Last PvP season (Warlords season 2) ended with a one-week notice. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...oon-03-11-2015
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/PvP_season

Admittedly, it wasn't very well handled, but it happened - and not older than a few months ago.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Last PvP season (Warlords season 2) ended with a one-week notice. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...oon-03-11-2015

Admittedly, it wasn't very well handled, but it happened - and not older than a few months ago.
    nvm read it wrong. yeah i guess than it could be possible.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2016-07-07 at 01:59 PM.

Still sticking with August 2nd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    nvm read it wrong. yeah i guess than it could be possible.

Warning was the 3rd of November,season ended 10th of November and the next started the 17th. They always have a 1 week pause between season in order to award titles/mounts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post

well heres hoping this is the case then