Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    With a CCW or other similar permit, like the MN one, you don't just say, "IVE GOT A GUN", you need to be calm and let the officer or whatever know that you have your firearm in the glove box or wherever, and what you should do from there. Now obviously we have no idea what words were spoken before the video starts, but if a police officer walks up to a car and hears "I've got a gun", the adrenaline has already started and he is assuming the worse. Theoretically of course. Need more facts peeps.
    In the instance where I am pulled over, as I do carry, and it is in a shoulder holster on my person, my approach to this situation would be to place my hands outside of the truck window where they can be cuffed if the officer chooses with both licences and both civilian and military ID in my hand. The officer can then cuff me or not. Retrieve the weapon or not. Whatever he or she chooses without ever feeling threatened.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nega View Post
    Sure, but the point remains, the music is largely a product of the culture, any reasonable person isn't gonna choose the thug life after listening to a few tracks of NWA.
    Which is where I see the main issue is. It's starts at home. Unreasonable people are raised that way. I grew up in a primarily black and hispanic town for the first 16 years of my life. I listened to Rap, but I also listened to other music as well. Music isn't what swayed me to be reasonable, my parents did. In many regards I disapprove of my upbringing, but in regards to manners and kindness, I was raised well enough not to turn to life of crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    In the instance where I am pulled over, as I do carry, and it is in a shoulder holster on my person, my approach to this situation would be to place my hands outside of the truck window where they can be cuffed if the officer chooses with both licences and both civilian and military ID in my hand. The officer can then cuff me or not. Retrieve the weapon or not. Whatever he or she chooses without ever feeling threatened.
    I would never think to put my hands outside of the car during a stop. I feel it could be seen as suspicious.

I just put my keys on the dash, and my hands on the wheel. If I am asked to get something for them (ID Registration Insurance) I tell them where it is before I grab it.

"It's in my back pocket, mind if I grab that for you?"

"It's in my glove box, mind if I open it and retrieve it for you?"

Makes things easy, and the cops sees that I am 100% compliant and non-threatening.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Glad you have such a strong pulse on the black community that you can speak for them.
    Does that mean I'm right? Would you rather live in Africa? The only place on earth I can think of that is more inhospital is Antartica, Arctic and the goddamn seas.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    The police officer was Chinese so don't even try to play the race card on this one.
    Are you serious? The officer could have been black and race is still an issue. The issue is how police as a whole view and treat black people differently. Actions that are often met with a slight reprimand or passed over can get a person killed if they are black.

Why is Minnesota having so many problems out there? I have family that live there but out in the boonies. I never imagined many black folks living in around the Twin Cities. BLM is pretty big out there too. They seem to cause a lot of problems for the community.

Can anyone living in the area shed some light? It just seems weird to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    go to a shooting range and yell something offensive
    go to a gang's hangout and yell something offensive

let me know what happens
    I got to a gang hideout and shout a racial epithet at them (assuming it is a minority gang, not a white supremacist biker gang or whatever), I die.
    I go to a shooting range and cry out "Allahu Akhbar!!!" I die.

What's your point?
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2016-07-07 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    You do know that more whites are killed by police than blacks, right?
    Considering the vast majority of your population is white, more white people being killed isn't so far fetched ... but the RATE at which whites and blacks are killed is a different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir, give me you license, registration, and insurance. Ever had a cop walk up to your car holding his gun, like he's ready to fire at you?

And this is how everyone reacts when Cops hold onto their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Considering the vast majority of your population is white, more white people being killed isn't so far fetched ... but the RATE at which whites and blacks are killed is a different story.
    The thing is that it isnt just tied to the US. The US just get more of the headlines. Other countries where blacks are the minority, there are similar levels of crime and deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Or he was upset he had to shoot a guy?

This case will boil down to if there were any body cams and recordings of what was said by the police. But you do not reach in the area of where a firearm is going to be without taking the chance a police officer will shoot you. The officer said he told the guy to raise his hands, the victims gf said " you asked him for identification," the recordings if any, will tell the truth. If not, then it is the word of the one girl against the testimony of the police officers.
    If that's how he acts when he shoots someone because he feels threatened, he's unfit for the line of duty. He was crying and screaming "fuck!" over and over. Completely lost his composure twice, once when shooting the victim for doing what he was told (showing id), then again after killing the man when crying and still pointing his gun at a dying man.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Again, you're being an idiot. They kill black people 3.5x more often than white people. Yes, white people get killed by the police, we get it. Nobody claimed otherwise. But to pretend there isn't some kind of crazy disparity is idiotic.
    You claimed otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

You claimed otherwise.
    I did not, since apparently you're interpreting my words literally in an effort to be as obtuse as possible. I said they do not drive through white neighborhoods shooting white people. That does not mean white people never get killed by the police. See Tamir Rice, Philando Castile, etc., for situations in which routine situations involving black individuals and police escalate to murder.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Which is where I see the main issue is. It's starts at home. Unreasonable people are raised that way. I grew up in a primarily black and hispanic town for the first 16 years of my life. I listened to Rap, but I also listened to other music as well. Music isn't what swayed me to be reasonable, my parents did. In many regards I disapprove of my upbringing, but in regards to manners and kindness, I was raised well enough not to turn to life of crime.

- - - Updated - - -

I would never think to put my hands outside of the car during a stop. I feel it could be seen as suspicious.

I just put my keys on the dash, and my hands on the wheel. If I am asked to get something for them (ID Registration Insurance) I tell them where it is before I grab it.

"It's in my back pocket, mind if I grab that for you?"

"It's in my glove box, mind if I open it and retrieve it for you?"

Makes things easy, and the cops sees that I am 100% compliant and non-threatening.
    sorry, but hands outside of the car placed flat on the door is farther away from anything dangerous. and second if i get shot in that position it removes all doubt as to the danger I posed when being examined by MMO champs forensic experts.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I did not, since apparently you're interpreting my words literally in an effort to be as obtuse as possible. I said they do not drive through white neighborhoods shooting white people. That does not mean white people never get killed by the police. See Tamir Rice, Philando Castile, etc., for situations in which routine situations involving black individuals and police escalate to murder.
    There is nothing to interpret. Those are the words you used.

Dillon Taylor?
    Christopher Few?
    Zachary Hammond?
    Gilbert Collar?

We have a militarized police problem. It's not exclusive to minorities.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

There is nothing to interpret. Those are the words you used.

Dillon Taylor?
    Christopher Few?
    Zachary Hammond?
    Gilbert Collar?

We have a militarized police problem. It's not exclusive to minorities.
    You're missing an obvious difference between the four cases you cited and the Baton Rouge/MN ones. All four of those individuals were actually committing a crime and involved in a chase or otherwise not complying with officers. They escalated the situation. They chose to fight back or run. Philando Castile was complying with orders and was gunned down. Alton Sterling was lying on the pavement when he was shot at point blank range in the chest.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Again, you're being an idiot. They kill black people 3.5x more often than white people. Yes, white people get killed by the police, we get it. Nobody claimed otherwise. But to pretend there isn't some kind of crazy disparity is idiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

So because black people kill each other and live in poor neighborhoods, it's not a problem when they are murdered in cold blood by the police?
    That's not true, stop posting bullshit

You're missing an obvious difference between the four cases you cited and the Baton Rouge/MN ones. All four of those individuals were actually committing a crime and involved in a chase or otherwise not complying with officers. They escalated the situation. They chose to fight back or run. Philando Castile was complying with orders and was gunned down. Alton Sterling was lying on the pavement when he was shot at point blank range in the chest.
    I wasn't comparing these to this shooting, or any other shooting. They are all examples of police driving through white neighborhoods shooting people.

Something you said doesn't happen. It does.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Police are trained to shoot when someone reaches for something on their person without the officer's permission.

You guys should watch Cops more. Sometimes they do go overboard when it isn't necessary but it seems to me that it is more common that they are not overreacting and that their lives usually are on the line.

Also it is worth pointing out that I have never seen a cop shoot someone who was perfectly complying with instructions and not resisting. I'm not saying that justifies police brutality but it should at least quell fears that this might happen to law abiding, well behaved citizens.
    Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Getting so tired of the filth I see of people justifying these rediculously trigger happy and violent cops. Removing race from the picture it makes no sense that the first reaction for these people is to fire first and figure it all out later. Leaving behind so many broken families and unanswered questions in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's not true, stop posting bullshit
    It absolutely is true. Just because you don't believe it doesn't change the fact.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    We are not making things up, are we?

I've now read a whole bunch of different sources, and none refers to a Chinese cop.
    The vid I've seen doesn't show the cop's face either. So, idk where that comes from.
    Physical description of the cop at 8:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Are you serious? The officer could have been black and race is still an issue. The issue is how police as a whole view and treat black people differently. Actions that are often met with a slight reprimand or passed over can get a person killed if they are black.
    Do you have evidence that this kind of excessive response is systemic and racially motivated?

The plural of anecdote is not data.