Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's another founding member named Xiao who we know nothing about, and Mercy wasn't one of the founders. So maybe Xiao was involved in the medical stuff.

The Biotic Rifle is built using the same tech as Mercy's staff and 76's Biotic Field device.

Also, while there's plenty of evidence for Sombra being Ana Amari, I personally hope that's not the case, because it's just too similar to Reaper, 76, and Genji.

I'd rather Sombra be Ana's disciple, with Ana actually being dead. Then Sombra can have a rivalry with Pharah.

Taken to the melodramatic extreme, she could be the daughter of Jack and Ana, but Jack doesn't know he's a father. After Ana's death, Gabriel took the girl in and convinced her that Jack was responsible for her mother's death, so now she has a vendetta against him. Pharah is her half sister and resents her because she was Ana's protege.

That would be so much more interesting than "Sombra is a masked mercenary who is secretly one of the supposedly-dead founders of Overwatch and she's Phara's mother!"
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2016-07-07 at 06:59 PM.

Sombra will most likely be unveiled on or before the 21st of July at Comic Con

Blizzard developers James Waugh (director of story & creative development), Michael Chu (senior designer, Overwatch), and Arnold Tsang (assistant art director, Overwatch) present a behind-the-scenes look into the creative process of developing the art, design, and story for Overwatch's newest hero. Q&A session moderated by Kim Phan (senior manager, esports).

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Sombra will most likely be unveiled on or before the 21st of July at Comic Con
    A man is pleased.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There's another founding member named Xiao who we know nothing about, and Mercy wasn't one of the founders. So maybe Xiao was involved in the medical stuff.
    It's Liao, not Xiao.

I am curious as to how Sombra will be introduced by Blizzard. Will they release a character trailer? And then a few weeks later have a patch introducing a map and the character? It will be interesting. The rifle schematic fascinates me, because I wonder if the rifle shoots health from long range as an ult or something. I really liked that suggestion by someone who said they wished Sombra had a shield that people could shoot through that would boost their dmg... a shield like Reinhardt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

The Biotic Rifle is built using the same tech as Mercy's staff and 76's Biotic Field device.

Also, while there's plenty of evidence for Sombra being Ana Amari, I personally hope that's not the case, because it's just too similar to Reaper, 76, and Genji.

I'd rather Sombra be Ana's disciple, with Ana actually being dead. Then Sombra can have a rivalry with Pharah.

Taken to the melodramatic extreme, she could be the daughter of Jack and Ana, but Jack doesn't know he's a father. After Ana's death, Gabriel took the girl in and convinced her that Jack was responsible for her mother's death, so now she has a vendetta against him. Pharah is her half sister and resents her because she was Ana's protege.

That would be so much more interesting than "Sombra is a masked mercenary who is secretly one of the supposedly-dead founders of Overwatch and she's Phara's mother!"
    I liked the theory that the little girl in the Soldier: 76 video was Sombra. That would be cool showing how heroes are having an impact on society. It would tie into Tracer's catchphrase. There is also a theory that the little kid at the museum might be the next Doomfist.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2016-07-08 at 12:09 AM.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    but if we're going by that, Mercy even asks Mei how she stays young.
    Because Mei was frozen for many, many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    I am curious as to how Sombra will be introduced by Blizzard. Will they release a character trailer? And then a few weeks later have a patch introducing a map and the character? It will be interesting. The rifle schematic fascinates me, because I wonder if the rifle shoots health from long range as an ult or something. I really liked that suggestion by someone who said they wished Sombra had a shield that people could shoot through that would boost their dmg... a shield like Reinhardt.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked the theory that the little girl in the Soldier: 76 video was Sombra. That would be cool showing how heroes are having an impact on society. It would tie into Tracer's catchphrase. There is also a theory that the little kid at the museum might be the next Doomfist.
    really hope they don't add children characters into this game. nothing is worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised to hear it would be ComicCon; I expected the unveiling to be at Gamescom or even PAX Prime but I guess the sooner the better!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

A character who uses a modified sniper rifle to heal her comrade by shooting them with biotic ammo? It's Sharla from Xenoblade of ofcourse!

Wait a minute, your telling me this is an Overwatch teaser? Damn, was hoping for something original. Well, at least a new playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    A character who uses a modified sniper rifle to heal her comrade by shooting them with biotic ammo? It's Sharla from Xenoblade of ofcourse!

Wait a minute, your telling me this is an Overwatch teaser? Damn, was hoping for something original. Well, at least a new playstyle.
    SHARLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I didn't even think of that connection there, that makes this sound even cooler.

Getting shot with darts and tranquilizers to heal allies and debuff opponents... fun!

Crusader's Crossbow 2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by Sovich View Post
    really hope they don't add children characters into this game. nothing is worse.
    There's theories that show the child from S76 video is actually older now. Things were not in the video that are ther now, and people guesstimated the time frame for the buildings to be at least 10+ years, making the girl in S76's video about 17 or older now. So, still no children in game.
    Also, reference the post of people switching Widow to a support sniper player...lolololol. This would or require people to play support, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I was surprised to hear it would be ComicCon; I expected the unveiling to be at Gamescom or even PAX Prime but I guess the sooner the better!
    Well the Comic Con panel is all the behind the scenes and making of, stuff. So we'll most likely see an unveil trailer sometime next week.

Kaplan also said that they wanted to learn from their mistake of releasing too many heroes at once, because people raged when they added Mei, Genji and D.Va all at once during the beta, some even asking to remove Mei from the game(don't blame them ). So this time, they're doing just one.

Which means they probably have more heroes near complete and will roll them out at a rate of 1-2 per Season. So with Season 1 ending August 18 and Gamescom taking place from 17-21 August, we'll see the next hero after Sombra unveiled there.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2016-07-08 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vercigentorix View Post
    Except maybe all those players who lock in on Hanzo may start playing Sombra and be way more of a help to their team instead of for the occasional denial and wall hacks.
    Exactly! This is fanastic news. Hopefully this will help sniper mains be bit more consusive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Why would Alejandra join Talon / partner up with Reaper?

I don't think any of these kids will be in Overwatch any time soon. Lucio and D.Va are already supposed to represent the young generation of heroes inspired by Overwatch, also.

If I gotta aim at a target ally to heal them with a gun, then they better expect to never get heals if they play tracer because my aim is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Sombra with some anti-healing abilities, like her gun blocks heals for 3 seconds on hit or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Having played Battleborn let me tell you that targeting allies with a gun to heal them while they are strafing to high hell is a huge pain in the ass which will only be complicated by a sniper rifle scope.
    However it looks like it loads canisters in the bottom, the sniper rifle looks like it is a sniper rifle with a grenade launcher that fires canisters, which are probably aoe healing.
    Sniping my heals would be an exercise in frustration. Lobbing bombs that drop healing zones would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Hanzo plays a lot different than a scoped sniper. If anyone switches over, it would be the Widowmakers.

Case in point: Hanzo is one of my most played heroes where as Widowmaker is one of my least played.
    hanzo also has the legolas and anime angle as well.